It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and a Jewish Woman Give Birth to ISIS in an Iraqi TV Satire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
snip
"A promo for a new Iraqi satirical TV comedy shows the Devil (in red onesie with pointy a tail) and a Jewish woman (that would be her sporting the tiara and the overlarge Star of David) coming together to spawn an egg from which hatches looney tunes ISIS party leader, Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, mockingly referred to as the “ISIS-ling.”

Here is the video.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What the hell did I just watch??

The Joker had a walk on role I see...

I think the whole thing is more creepy/eerie than satirical but maybe it's the whole language barrier... and junk... or something.

I'm going with really just creepy.

Final decision.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
snip
"A promo for a new Iraqi satirical TV comedy shows the Devil (in red onesie with pointy a tail) and a Jewish woman (that would be her sporting the tiara and the overlarge Star of David) coming together to spawn an egg from which hatches looney tunes ISIS party leader, Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, mockingly referred to as the “ISIS-ling.”

Here is the video.

Soo..the cowboy I take it is America, the Jewish woman is Israel or Zionism if you will and Satan is..Satan I guess ?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The Joker was there too... Obama???

Seriously? I wonder who that was supposed to be?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
Their satire is in the stone ages

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

The Joker was there too... Obama???

Seriously? I wonder who that was supposed to be?

Lol yea I don't have a clue..maybe it was Obama ? :p It all seems to be metaphorical so it sure could be him. Either ways your right about the creep factor, talk about a strange take on satire

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, that was, different.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

i wonder who they are lol at

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I hope I wasn't the only one LMAO at that. I'm almost tempted to watch it again to see if I can spot Weird Al Yankovic. That really seems like something he would produce.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Each character i think is an embodiment of an idea, I think Satan is more likely to be the CIA or America, while the cowboy is the media or influence. I think the essential message is that America and Israel fabricated ISIS. And then at the end when he shoots all the 'players'' he is turning ISIS loose from the reason it was created. Who knows. It's probably just a twisted anti-american program that has mass appeal for marketing purposes.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Then, who was the women in green.

At first I thought of the green hornet but that didn't pan out.

Why did the Joker come in over the wall?

Weird!

I wonder what the life expectancy of the show is, or the actors!

P

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

Each character i think is an embodiment of an idea, I think Satan is more likely to be the CIA or America, while the cowboy is the media or influence. I think the essential message is that America and Israel fabricated ISIS. And then at the end when he shoots all the 'players'' he is turning ISIS loose from the reason it was created. Who knows. It's probably just a twisted anti-american program that has mass appeal for marketing purposes.

You could be right, heck who really knows aside from the ones who wrote the piece. That being said I did think the same about when he shoots all the others, and couldn't help but think what the opinions of those watching it in Iraq will be.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyeso.. pen

You got it mostly right accept Satan is a creation of Western theology the embodiment of Isis, thus a Western creation. In fact the source seems to allude to such distrust and cookie cutter bigotry ... the joker however must represent chaos or the unpredictablilty of the West however this is somehow misinterpreted because the archetype of the devil and joker are the same
edit on 15-9-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

You got it mostly right accept Satan is a creation of Western theology the embodiment of Isis, thus a Western creation. In fact the source seems to allude to such distrust and cookie cutter bigotry

Hmm that makes sense, any idea regarding who the joker is supposed to be ?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Their satire is in the stone ages

Meanwhile, Jewish "humor" is as stale and tasteless as matza bread and as low-brow as those who create and consume it. Make sure that burn cream is kosher...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well.. That was something.

I'm pretty sure someone will get their head cut off for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think the devil represents Christians and the Jewish women represent Israel, hence the source of ISIS motives. Then the cowboy obviously represents America and the joker represents western media, in the back ground getting in on the fun.

It's not necessary bigoted, its just satire.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SerratedSoul
Hmmm I didn't know I was choosing sides if you refer a few posts up I offer my sociological/ psychological interpretation. Indeed the representations they used in this production are very cookie cutter, and mock archetypal

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok what i got is, the cowboy with the flask is the American, the suit wearing joker is the non muslim and ISIS is the result of Satan and Israels wedlock.
The rest of the song appears to be referring directly to their coming Mahdi.
" Summon him tell him to slaughter people
Summon him tell him to toy a little with religion
Give him weapons and prepare armies for him
He is a flag bearer with a mission
He slits many throats with his own hands
Where are you oh beheader?"

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The joker and or trickster,ie Satan are all representations. Of the same archetype that is cross cultural and to identify any certain real life entity as such, is bigotry at worst; a bad representation at best.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join