It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what its like to be dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have a memory of being in the womb...and I knew I was arriving into the world but from where I don't know

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Blackness, infinite silent blackness.
That's what I think happens when you die. As for your subconscious? You will never know, because you will be in eternal silent blackness.

Pretty grim outlook, but pretty realistic I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Blackness, infinite silent blackness.
That's what I think happens when you die. As for your subconscious? You will never know, because you will be in eternal silent blackness.

Pretty grim outlook, but pretty realistic I'm afraid.

In that case I'm taking a box of matches and some candles with me

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RamsOnTop
a reply to: Briles1207

I love the Egg story. Very deep and thought provoking. However, I've always had one question in regards to reincarnation. If we always reincarnate into a different human being, how is it that the world's population keeps growing as much as it is? Wouldn't the numbers stay pretty much the same throughout history? They wouldn't be exactly the same, maybe fluctuating a few million here and there. But world's population right now is 7 billion. 100 years ago it was 1.7 billion.......were did those 5+ billion extra souls come from?

Well what did the story say we are one expanding, growing inside the universe egg lol so as we grow theres more of us I mean me and you lol us haha...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Where was my "spirit" my "ether" BEFORE that time?

In a scrotum somewhere.

That cracked me up!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
2a reply to: Briles1207

Btw your picture is cool as fook iv never heard that one before lol

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The lack of memory is no indicator of the state you were in before you were born.
There are people that dont remember anything prior to 5 years old.
Everyone goes through rapid eye movement sleep every night which is where dreams occur and despite that many do not remember even having dreamed.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RamsOnTop

I love the Egg story. Very deep and thought provoking. However, I've always had one question in regards to reincarnation. If we always reincarnate into a different human being, how is it that the world's population keeps growing as much as it is? Wouldn't the numbers stay pretty much the same throughout history? They wouldn't be exactly the same, maybe fluctuating a few million here and there. But world's population right now is 7 billion. 100 years ago it was 1.7 billion.......were did those 5+ billion extra souls come from?

Who said that only Humans here on Earth reincarnate...? There is an entire universe of life out there... Granted, I've never heard anyone claim they have had past life memories of another planet... Maybe some of our wilder dreams are broken, distorted memories of such lives... Just throwing that out there...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think I can stand the suspense of waiting untill I die to find out whats on the 'other side', after all, I will have eternity to find out!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well when we're dead there'll be no worrying about anything pertaining to our lives, as we're not alive anymore to think those thoughts.

Ya I have no belief in afterlife. No reason to believe. It's wish washy.

Thanks op anyway. I am thinking about what you said.
edit on 16-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why can't humans understand that they are not human! We are the only beings on this planet that can ask the question "Who am I?"

Don't you understand, this is all an illusion, the universes end at 100 billion trillion years. Consciousness itself dies. God himself will die and space and time will cease to exist with him, but not You.

You are immortal Awareness. The God of God. The universe exists in your unlimited ness but not you in it. You Are The Supreme Being.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Life after death is the poorly thought out fiction of mortals that have gotten greedy.

We have to die, there has to be a new generation that's how life works.

Stop looking forward to a life you'll never get and enjoy the only one you'll ever get....

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Man, things like this just make my head hurt

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The thing that freaks me out is coming back with no recollection of this life.

That's IF we come back. Who knows where we go. But we go somewhere...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

On Netflix, there is a documentary titled, "The Moment Of Death". I really liked it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Pure being.

Emotions are driven by processes within the body. Take away the body and you have pure consciousness without the hindrance of emotion.

It will be the clearest, most self-content experience you can image. No fear, no pain, no stress, no want for anything, no feeling of purpose... just pure, unadulterated existence. In that moment you are aware that you are everything, everything is you, and you just... ARE... forever.

The body is a vessel for experiences that can't be had in the "spirit" form. Without the body, we are god.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Without the body, we are god.

This reminded me of when Homer's brain gets angry and leaves him......

We are our bodies, without a brain there is no consciousness and every single mind/consciousness we've ever encountered has been created by a brain.

We're mere lifeforms on this green rock flying through the cold void. We're no different nor no better than all the other forms of life on this planet, from microbes to whales we're all one giant family. To consider ourselves so different and so special that we somehow deserve a magical fate unique from all the other species is the height of arrogance and hubris....

We're born, we live, we die, we rot.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Difference is many other lifeforms may experience similar energy changes after organic EA*RTH body transitioned from. But those many other lifeforms were not EXPOSED to tree of Knowledge to gain heightened consciousness separating the HUMAN animalistic mind state and Awareness from other non knowledgeable Creations. So its not arrogant to consider "different" because of being consciously connected to Spiritual reality where less aware creatures may not be connected or aware. Maybe there is a reason some beings are made AWARE why others not...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

...try thinking what you were like before you were born...

It has been bugging the hell out of me since last week.

I just realised there was a time that I did not exist, and those older than me, did exist.

Where was my "spirit" my "ether" BEFORE that time?

I would say that death, is like before you were born. We will have no memory of it. You only know you were dreaming when you wake up.

I am massively hung-over and am feeling philosophical so be gentle, I have a monumental headache.

Cheers

ok here is something else to think about:

God says, there is no Death. The rest of the world seems to say the opposite.
Who is right ?

and

Do you want to be right ?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: Answer
Without the body, we are god.

This reminded me of when Homer's brain gets angry and leaves him......

We are our bodies, without a brain there is no consciousness and every single mind/consciousness we've ever encountered has been created by a brain.

We're mere lifeforms on this green rock flying through the cold void. We're no different nor no better than all the other forms of life on this planet, from microbes to whales we're all one giant family. To consider ourselves so different and so special that we somehow deserve a magical fate unique from all the other species is the height of arrogance and hubris....

We're born, we live, we die, we rot.

Incorrect. Believe what you want to believe but you are wrong. You also incorrectly assume that humans are the only being with an eternal lifeforce...
edit on 9/18/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join