It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl With Cerebral Palsy Nearly Cures Stutter With Weed. Unreal!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, this is from a documentary called "In pot we trust". It's real good with other cases and their stories. Real eye opener.

Prende y pasa...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Even thou it can help some people with certain health problems you also have to weight in the negative side effects. A lot of people seem to forget that tobacco is ALSO a plant, Hashish also comes from a plant, and so does heroin, and a myriad of other drugs. Every time I hear/read the excuse that "but it is just a plant and should be safe" to me it seems that people purposefully want to ignore the fact that just because it is a plant it doesn't mean that it is not dangerous.

If you need to use it for medical reasons be warned and acknowledge the fact that if you use it for a long time it is very likely to get other health problems by prolonged use. For example, cannabis has from 50 -400 of the same cancer causing substances that tobacco has, such as benzyprene. It also has been shown to affect the brain development of minors in negative ways.

If you want to use it, make sure you are willing to take the risk that you might get cancer, or some other health problem.

So meanwhile it might help you in one area, it can also negatively impact your health in other areas.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It grows as a plant for you and I as an iand I it it's the iron lion of Judah thAt rastafari will heal the soul cannabis is medicine. And should ne used as such. Wake and bake etc 1/8th a day chronic use is abuse. Curb JAh use, and you will know the real dopamine and the fake will distinguish.

Praise JAh wind, know that this sister is healed by a kind bud at the tall stalk of hemp that makes fuel, makes clothes and heals the sick. herb is life Herrb is real.

This is massive,

Killeonidas

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Very well Put!!!

(post by SyxPak removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My friends father had developed schizophrenia in his 20's. My friend was in his 20's and was not showing signs of it yet, but had been smoking marijuana since highschool. His mom kept bothering him about smoking it and he decided to quit. Within 2 weeks he had changed drastically. He thought his friends were after him, his barber was following him, after a couple months he thought the government was watching him... It got so scary I had to stop being friends with him because he was suspecting me of being after him too. I told him to start smoking marijuana again (I don't smoke it) but from my outside point of view, it was obvious he had been unknowingly self medicating with marijuana for years, and it was warding off the schizophrenia. He didn't see it that way, and ended up on treatments that didn't help him that much but made him less threatening, but weird and zoned out. He never turned back into the nice, normal guy he was when he was smoking marijuana.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Cannabis is a sacred plant... It is one of many gifts that nature has given us to help ease pain.. Good for her what an incredible change - such a shame that the authorities cant see how beneficial cannabis can be for peeps..

Great thread purp...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
im just tired of hearing people say things like 'well smoking it is bad for you'...

maybe it is... so what

first off, not everything we do has to be 'good' for us.
now lets use this girl with palsy as an example

smoking pot clearly helped her... can we not just leave it at that? why does it even need to turn into a discussion about how vaping or eating it would be 'even better'....
who cares about that? the gov and big pharm certainly dont care so please dont try that.
do you care? i mean personally.... if so, why?

i really dont care.

this girl found relief by smoking pot. thats enough of an argument for me and i dont even need that. i dont need that cause it is not my business and has nothing to do with me.
i dont see why any of this is even an issue.

clearly this girl/her doc/her parents feel that the OMG NEGATIVE EFFECTS of smoking pot are worth the positive effects she gets. that alone should be good enough.

who cares is there is a pill or 20 different kinds of pills she could take instead... she chooses to smoke. what exactly is the issue?

we know that pot has a lot of medical benefits for all sorts of issues/diseases
people should be able to smoke/eat/vape pot if they want to.

it really is that simple... at least for me

i dont care about the ppossible negative effects. i dont care about the legalities. i dont care about other methods.
if an adult wants to smoke/vape/eat for medical reasons then they should be able to.

i am keeping this post about medical use but im sure you can guess how i feel about other reasons for it.

its retarded that in 2014 it is even still up for debate

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

If you don't care, then why did you reply? You brought absolutely nothing to the discussion. The means of delivering a substance to help some one really does have a lot of merit.

So, you don't care if she gets lung cancer later in life, as long as she gets relief by smoking it now. Yea, that makes sense.

Here's the kicker, her Doc will probably continue to prescribe her medicinal cigarettes while she's undergoing chemo. Win-Win for him, not so much for her.

Try to think things through rationally, rather than emotionally.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

If you don't care, then why did you reply? You brought absolutely nothing to the discussion. The means of delivering a substance to help some one really does have a lot of merit.

So, you don't care if she gets lung cancer later in life, as long as she gets relief by smoking it now. Yea, that makes sense.

Here's the kicker, her Doc will probably continue to prescribe her medicinal cigarettes while she's undergoing chemo. Win-Win for him, not so much for her.

Try to think things through rationally, rather than emotionally.

i replied because i wanted to get in on the discussion by making my annoyance known.

i thought i brought something to the discussion.
i feel that people should be able to use pot medically, no matter what the side effects are down the road.
we(people) use meds all the time that have lasting side effects. we do it all the time so pot should not be any different at all.

and no, i dont care if she gets lung cancer later in life... should i?
what is even more important than her possible lung cancer is the relief she gets right now. all the possible down the road problems are not for me to worry about.

why should people care what might happen to someone down the road if they smoke? thats what i dont get.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane

CBD a cannabiniod (for those who haven't read the whole thread) in cannabis is a proven anti-psychotic and is actually going to be tested on people with schizophrenia in Australia, to see if it can be used as an alternative to tradition medicines that are known to have fairly severe side effects. But be warned, THC has been shown to worsen the symptoms of schizophrenia. So it's not a good idea to use it with a strain that has a unknown cannabiniod ratio if you have this condition.

edit on 15-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

That's an arrogant and selfish attitude. Pure and simple.

While I have little sympathy for people that do themselves in through their own stupidity, I do have sympathy for those who are sick.

Try to think through that fog in your mind. (pretty sure what caused it as well)

This girl may well be getting a quick fix with her CP now, but how will she be doing once diagnosed with COPD or cancer later on in life on top of the CP? Vaping or ingesting don't have as many long or short term side effects as smoking it. Yea, there still are some, but not as many.

edit on 15-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I get what your saying, but you don't want to lose sight of the reality that we all get our day sooner or later. Its not like we're going to live forever and its never usually pretty when we go, either way.

I don't really see how its anyone's business If she gets relief from smoking medical cannabis, just because she 'might' develop some lung disease in 40 to 50 years time.

A decent vaporizer is very expensive.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

risk vs reward.
its not for us to decide when a person decides they need it medically and how they do it.

all medicines have side effects. copd in 50 years might be a possible side effect. her life span might be 25 years.....im sure she weighed the 'risk'.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
im just tired of hearing people say things like 'well smoking it is bad for you'...

clearly this girl/her doc/her parents feel that the OMG NEGATIVE EFFECTS of smoking pot are worth the positive effects she gets. that alone should be good enough.

who cares is there is a pill or 20 different kinds of pills she could take instead... she chooses to smoke. what exactly is the issue?

If you are an adult and you decide to use it, it is your decision. I have stated this in the past, however the problem I have is that there are people who still think "it should be safe because it is only a plant" and this is not true. Tobacco is also "just a plant" yet we know it increases your chances of getting cancer.

People like me only try to inform others of the truth. Heck, I have done the same in other threads in which for example some people have claimed that "it is safe and nothing bad happens to your body if you "starve for 2 weeks or a couple of months"...

You see, some of us would rather give all information to others so they are better informed. it is not because "we want to control you".

Remember the old adage "Knowledge is power". Last I checked this website is supposed to be here to give as much information and discuss such information amongst the members.

edit on 15-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have a good friend that stutters. Sometimes so bad it makes communication almost impossible. He smokes MJ and afterwards everything he says is clear as normal.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Great point! All meds have side effects, like liver damage, and the long list of other ridiculously bad side effects we hear on all those tv ads for countless meds. reply to: CardiffGiant

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Really, you'd think it would have the opposite effect.

But hey, if like folks taking a shot of whisky to get rid of a sore throat, or using red wine, which some said to involve with increasing ones life span.

Why not a plant that can some how spare you from most of the pain from a crippling disease, or other aliments for that matter.

Hell last time I check, coc aine was legal one hundred years ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

If you are an adult and you decide to use it, it is your decision. I have stated this in the past, however the problem I have is that there are people who still think "it should be safe because it is only a plant" and this is not true. Tobacco is also "just a plant" yet we know it increases your chances of getting cancer.

People like me only try to inform others of the truth. Heck, I have done the same in other threads in which for example some people have claimed that "it is safe and nothing bad happens to your body if you "starve for 2 weeks or a couple of months"...

You see, some of us would rather give all information to others so they are better informed. it is not because "we want to control you".

Remember the old adage "Knowledge is power". Last I checked this website is supposed to be here to give as much information and discuss such information amongst the members.

to your first part. you have a problem cause people think its safe and thats not true.... oh really.
tobacco increases chances of cancer.... so what?
dont try to pass it off like youre just passing knowledge or that you actually care.....
typical. you only want people to be informed and 'safe' huh.
are you the peoples advocate?

you shouldnt care what adults are doing even if what they are doing increases their risk of cancer. now, if what they are doing increases your risk of cancer, then i would say get involved.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join