It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl With Cerebral Palsy Nearly Cures Stutter With Weed. Unreal!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's ridiculous how many of you are so ill informed about cannabis. There are SOOOOO many other forms of ingestion. Smoking ANYTHING is bad, for Christs sake. Doctors can't prescribe smoking cannabis anyways. They can recommend it. The good ones usually always talk to you about alternative ways of using it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenson76
It's ridiculous how many of you are so ill informed about cannabis. There are SOOOOO many other forms of ingestion. Smoking ANYTHING is bad, for Christs sake. Doctors can't prescribe smoking cannabis anyways. They can recommend it. The good ones usually always talk to you about alternative ways of using it.

My argument exactly. But too many seem to think that smoking a joint is the same as popping a pill. I have a feeling that those who use that argument are more recreational users using a supposed medical problem as an excuse to get stoned legally, rather than using it what it intended for as a medicinal herb.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fenson76

I did say that today was the first time I have heard of it. Could this be the actual reason the Pharma companies keep funneling money into legislation? I know that it's not a cure-all and maybe they can't actually synthesize it either. But could it put a big dent into their profits? I have a feeling that it would.

Watching the video, I did feel for the girl, but there was a part of me that was suspicious as well. I don't know, I don't suffer from her affliction and can only hear of others experiences. But over the decades I have read many reports saying that there are medicinal properties to marijuana. I think it needs to be researched thoroughly and independently. I know, there is plenty out there already, but if it is as good as much research says, then it needs to be released to the general public.

And the conspiracy side of me says that is exactly what Pharma doesn't want. One substance that can cure or alleviate pain.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Marijuana should never have been classified as a Schedule I drug. The fact that it was, casts doubt over everything related to the control of pharmaceuticals and the War on Drugs.

That is all.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Couldn't have said it better. It's out of greed, control and to oppress.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: fenson76

I have a feeling that those who use that argument are more recreational users using a supposed medical problem as an excuse to get stoned legally, rather than using it what it intended for as a medicinal herb.

I'm going to have to step around this carefully as not to break any rules, but I think you'll find in the world of reality there isn't such a clear cut line between the two, when your talking daily use anyway. imo, a perfectly healthy (mentally) and happy person doesn't feel the need to use it everyday. So its safe to assume if someone is using daily, there clearly are issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I agree.

And you did a fine job of stepping carefully.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: purplemer

Is this the one?

If she is going to partake due to the benefits it provides her, she should try vaping or maybe get prescribed Dronabinol, who's active ingredient is delta-9-THC and IS legal. That is a lot safer than coating her lungs in tar which will cause her even more problems down the road.

The problem with Big Pharma's Dronabinol is that it's missing key cannabinoids that interact with the human endocannabinoid system. You cannot get those very important compounds from a pill. Sorry. The best it does is help increase appetite and suppress nausea in SOME. In my experience as a health care professional, patients report that the actual plant form of Cannabis is much better than big Pharma's form...

Edited to add that you cannot get a prescription for Marinol unless you are dyingof cancer or AIDS, so in reality, it isn't legal unless you are actually dying. I know this personally because my mothers doctor tried to get it prescribed for her due to extreme nausea, vomiting, and a large amount t of weight loss. He ran into so much red tape because she doesn't have cancer, or AIDS. She has end stage renal disease, diabetes, and diabetic gastroporeisis, heart disease and about a dozen other ailments, but none of those qualify. It's ridiculous.
edit on 14-9-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah, and coc aine was originally used to cure alcoholism! Even if this does work, what about everyone who uses and doesn't have cerebral palsy? Pot "doctors" don't actually diagnose any problems, they just write blank prescriptions for marijuana. Would you trust a doctor who wrote blank prescriptions for chemo therapy, or pain killers, or prescription antibiotics? To anyone regardless of age or condition? It's a dangerous slope that will most likely cause more damage than cures.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

What's the threshold that you would consider it medical use vs recreational use? If a person has a mild form of social anxiety and using marijuana alleviates that and makes the person feel better, does that make it medical use or does it make it wrong?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

And I must thank you as well. I'm receiving quite the education today I sought in a earlier thread. One of the things I like about ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

The threshold is simple.

Do they partake because they enjoy it and it's effects and yet can be normal people without it?

Or do they need it to be able to assimilate into society or actually alleviate the pain and live a normal life?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bullhunter

I choose not to trust anyone who believes their education somehow constitutes proper treatment for every person.

Hell, a lot of doctors don't trust other doctors.

We aren't the only ones "brainwashed"...I promise.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just because someone is ill and smoking it, it doesn't mean you should smoke cannabis. Cannabis is not for mass smoking like those pimps. If you are fine do not smoke it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hi all, new to the discussion, but let me make a few things clear for everyone so they know some truths here, on both sides of this issue.
I can tell you from personal experience that what has been said about the effects of Marinol(dranabinol) are absolutely true, but as far as acquiring it you definitely do not need to be dying of AIDS/cancer as I am not. Now I can comment that when I first had it prescribed years ago from my pain doctor, along with morphine and dilaudid, I was prescribed a large amount, 240 per month. My most recent prescription for it last year was for 60, as I found after some time (red tape) that 60 was the max dose allowed per month. So yes, you'll deal with red tape, but just for correct information to all reading, it is available, although you will almost DEFINITELY need a pre-authorization from your DR. Now, the real issue, as I can tell you from a decade of taking marinol and opioid pain killers, is THE fact that they are manufactured pharmaceuticals. This obviously has multiple issues. The Marinol absolutely does NOT have the same effects as the actual plant. Also it has absolutely no consistency. I could take 10 and no effect, or 1 or 2 and eat like crazy and fall asleep. I almost moved to California due only to this years ago. But work, family and then going on disability kept me where I am, and I am quite glad. As far as taking opiates for pain all I will say is I am feeling better (overall) then I ever did while on them even though I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms today after a year of not taking them. Your overall health, Mental, Spiritual, Physical, all play a major part. As can Medical Marijuana. I have friends in CA and CO that I visited often enough to cold turkey off the pain killers, and alleviate the majority of the symptoms of my condition. But while it can be a VERY miraculous medication, as shown in the video, I used it more as a tool. I used it to get to where I am today, and I don't need pain killers today. I don't drink alcohol at all anymore. I pay attention to what I eat. I see Alternative Therapists. I meditate daily. I do yoga. I make sure I have Love in my heart. And while Medical Marijuana would still absolutely alleviate any pain, inflammation, nausea, headaches, and more that I get, I've found using it when NEEDED is best to get you to a healthy lifestyle so that you don't NEED it (can't remember who said it but they were right about chemicals in food too.) It would be nice at times, yes, but I personally am happier with no drugs at all in my system. If it helps though leave people alone, MY opinion. And I don't care if all it helps is chill you out. I had a grand mal seizure from stopping taking xanax too quickly, and I can assure you this will not happen with medical marijuana. So yeah, it is UTTERLY ridiculous and absurd to deny ANY human being of a plant that alleviates their sickness (which most likely was caused by non-natural products in the first place, but I won't get into that.)
Love and Be Well and You Will Be

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullhunter
Pot "doctors" don't actually diagnose any problems, they just write blank prescriptions for marijuana.

Well that all depends on what state you live in, since if you had of actually researched the issue you would know that each state has it's own laws on medical cannabis. Some states are quite strict as I understand it and only allow people who have debilitating illnesses to use it legally. Of course then you have states like California who have basically legalized it, but call it medical to keep the pesky federal government of there backs, because that's how the people of California want it! Then there's Washington and Colorado where the people have spoken and voted for it to be totally legal whether you like it all not!

It really makes no difference anyway. Since the American people are now waking up to the lies and propaganda, with over 50% of Americans wanting it legalized to free up the jails & courts for real criminals. Just like alcohol prohibition each state will slowly come around until the federal government has no choice but to change it's policy.

I know this must be hard for you pro-prohibition types who want to be the moral police and control what everyone does. But that's what you get for living in a country that actually allows the people a voice every once in a while. If you don't like it, maybe you should move to a country like Australia where the Government would never allow people to vote on such a issue.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That brought tears to my eyes. Gonna keep my disgust simple: I am often critical of Wash State at times but it's really helping people medically. Where as my neighboring state lacks and put in a bill to ban anything to do with it-it's not for lack of trying to change that, because we are trying however but people need help and a comfort of life now. In hopes of other states to follow through with at least that, or if one can, make the move.

Check out this thread in case anyone missed it, very telling to what's going on in the country:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: acdoja420

I am glad you were able to get what you needed when you needed it, however, stating that "anyone" can get Marinol isn't true. A lot depends on what state you are in because prescribing laws differ from state to state. In my state you basically have to be dying for your doctor to prescribe it. In fact, we will probably never see legislation put on the ballot to let the votes and citizens decide on medical MJ where I live. We're SO behind the times, it's ridiculous!

It's a plant, that grows from the ground, can be grown just about anywhere, by anyone. I will NEVER understand the reasoning behind prohibiting it when there is SO ,inch evidence of me the good it can do for people. I bet the world would be a much better place if it were allowed to grow, and be used, for what it was put on Mother Earth to be used for.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: deadeyedick

I have no problem with marijuana being prescribed for medicinal purposes, though I do have a problem with it being prescribed in the cigarette form. Why a Doc would prescribe joints to some one going through chemo for lung cancer makes absolutely no sense to me.

Eating it in food or vaping makes more sense. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. Big Pharma are idiots for not catching on to this. A vaping machine costs big bucks which insurance, MediCare/MedicAid in most cases would pick up. Not to mention the various food products that Nabisco or some such could make.

I suffer from chronic back pain and asked my doc about this (I haven't done weed in over three decades, since high school) and he looked at me all funny like. Nothing seems to be working I told him and I'm starting to get desperate. Medicinal herb is illegal where I live, but if it helped me with my PT without making me stoned, I would consider it a God-send.

In my experience its not about money its about keeping people in fear.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Why thank you Lovebeck, I appreciate that. And you're right that not anyone can get Marinol. I just didn't want someone who was actually looking into getting it giving up. Because the insurance company WILL try and make you. It's an expensive medication so they make it quite hard, not that they make anything easy. I've become very patient over the years thanks to insurance companies. Sometimes its up to them whether its covered at all in the first place. But honestly I'd hope someone reading my post would take from it to go another route. And yeah, the world would be a better place. Someone said it earlier though, if it's not prohibited for even more nefarious reasons, well there is always plain old greed. Big Pharma has done well in this country under our government. That alone should concern ANY citizen. You said it perfectly, it's a plant.
a reply to: lovebeck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join