It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 invades all Apple products with their new album without your consent!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

So let me get this straight OP you buy these devices and than cry about the consequences. Is it any wonder the important things like the loss of liberty and the ability to earn a decent living are nothing more than a fart in the winds of apathy.

edit on 12-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Was that story really on the news or tv some where?
It wouldn't surprise me.

No, I was being completely facetious.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I had no idea this even happened until a friend told me. I absolutely can't stand U2 first of all and second of all how can they even do this?

They can do it because they own access to your device. You might want to reread your Apple ToS that you agreed to. They can remotely add or subtract any data to/from your device that they want at any time. You MIGHT own the phone you bought (increasingly you're buying a hardware license not ownership of the device) but Apple ultimately owns and controls all data that goes through it.

The reason they can do this is because the FCC is worthless. If you think this is bad, start looking into Net Neutrality.

The jist of it is, you use the device and you give them data for the device to use. They own the device, they decide how that data is used, and once you put it on the device they own that data too, you don't own it any longer.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They are giving back to all the people who did it to them...without paying or asking for it. Great! Just great!
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now folks can experience the same feeling as illegal downloads...only now the tables are turned! Touche' U2.

How's it feel folks!!?

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why haven't U2 found what they are looking for? Because the streets have no name.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Keep using apple. This is what you get... but hey you do get to be part of the cool kids clique.

edit on 9 12 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

you piss on customer base.

No buy apple

No buy U2

...how does that feel.

edit on 9 12 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

This is why I can't stand Apple. They secretly piss all over their customer base with their ToS then implement the WORST changes to their software (iTunes has REALLY gone downhill over the years and different versions) and then make it so that you can't own the phone you bought.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well that's a good way to build your customer base, force them to take a bunch of crappy music that they don't want or like.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Did anybody bother reading the part where it is an optional download? Anybody asks a legitimate question about an Apple product or even mentions Apple and its 3 pages of bitching about Apple. I think non-Apple users pay attention to Apple products more than the Apple users do. I use both Windows/Android and Apple products daily and they both have their negatives and positives. It comes down to personal preference. One is not superior in every way to the other. Never has been, never will be.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Sounds just like our republican vs. democratic situation. . . you don't think maybe they do all that deliberately do you? I mean just think of all the free publicity they get from everyone arguing which is better. It's not like coke and Pepsi didn't try it years ago either. Or how about PS3/4 vs. XBox.
Sad I think our government took lessons from the Coca-Cola Co. then again what did CIA realy stand for. . . lol

edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: spellin

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Sounds just like our republican vs. democratic situation. . . you don't think maybe they do all that deliberately do you? I mean just think of all the free publicity they get from everyone arguing which is better. It's not like coke and Pepsi didn't try it years ago either. Or how about PS3/4 vs. XBox.
Sad I think our government took lessons from the Coca-Cola Co. then again what did CIA realy stand for. . . lol

LOL! Don't forget, "Taste great!" vs. "Less filling!"

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Did anybody bother reading the part where it is an optional download?

Of course not..
It's much easier for some people to stomp their feet and cry about how their freedom of choice was impacted vs dealing with reality.
Hell I am surprised someone here hasn't called this a false flag yet.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Your post made me laugh to the brink of tears...

Thank you!

I'm Irish...I don't get U2.

edit on 12-9-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yet another reason to stay away from iCrap.

Overpriced junk now featuring overrated junk music! Wonderful!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You can remove the album via iTunes, had to do it for a few folk already.

ETA:

Here's how (guess I had better tell you, lol.)

Delete the songs on your phone if you have downloaded them from the cloud. (swipe then red X)

Load iTunes and make sure you are logged into your account, hover over the album cover and then click the x in the top-left, also turn off auto downloads (settings, app store, turn of automatic downloads)

edit on 12/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
U2 invades all Apple products with their new album without your consent!

Yeah that's kind of what Apple is all about. Didn't you get the memo.....which they promptly sent you a bill for afterwards? It's the hive-mind; the collective maaaaan! If any Apple product consumer has a shred of self-respect and individuality left, they will make this the turning point and throw all their Chinese-made, overpriced junk where it belongs: in the trash. And don't look back, lest you turn to salt.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It hasnt automatically downloaded on my iphone or anything, probably because i have nowhere enough data available for the album but i opened up itunes and saw it there in my purchased, i can't even name a u2 song thats how much not in too them i am.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now if Apple put the U2 song: 'Bullet The Blue Sky' or 'Wild Horses', then I wouldn't really mind because those songs kick butt. But if I were to look on the bright side of this, I would say at least Apple didn't put Bob Dylan on my phone.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
OMG really? Is this all you have to worry about? If you don't like it don't DL it from the cloud. God forbid you should be given something for FREE. If that's all I'd to worry about I'd be laughing. a reply to: HorizonMan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join