It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 invades all Apple products with their new album without your consent!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Apple released a phone with features that they think are innovative and cutting edge but the world of non-iphone users have been utilizing for a while now. What better way to promote your outdated, no longer edgy features than with an old, outdated and no longer edgy band?

The perfect promotion, once you see it like that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur
What better way to promote your outdated, no longer edgy features than with an old, outdated and no longer edgy band?

Only way it could be better is with an iPager.

edit on 12-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Sounds to me like a 1st World problem...

Well... the OP does live in a 1st World country so it kinda makes sense.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If you actually listened to the freebie, you'll no longer wonder why it's free.

Should have gone straight from the studio to the elevator.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Meh just delete it, most devices/computers come with some kind of sample media on them, I don't own any Apple devices, they never had flac files available on itunes so the quality is not quite what I want..I think they have their own version of lossless files now.
Probably other things related to apple to be more concerned about.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It absolutely does sound like a 1st world problem (I like to think of it as a Western problem as the line is getting blurred, even in the East, especially in cities.)

It's too bad the corporations pull crap like that, but that seems to be the current and future course of "progress."

At the very least I hope this makes Apple go the way of IBM, where people start favoring open access standards as opposed to the way of propriety.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't understand why they would put music on your device. Isn't that your decision as to what you put on there? This mentality these days is sickening. Just stop buying their products so that they'll go bankrupt. Maybe the next phone maker will take notice that people aren't going to put up with this type of forcible behavior.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

HAHAHA!

I've been an Apple fan my entire life. The Apple store is like Toys R Us for me. I'm an Apple fan but I'm not a crazy one who waits outside for a product to come out. I'm just the one who got the Apple logo as a tattoo. lol Yes I"m serious about that. I have even been given the employee discount for accessories at the Apple store for my tattoo.

I just find Apple more user friendly and for what I do it works great. I never have problems, other than U2 invading my phone!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: mblahnikluver

that your problem ?

I seriously recommend you re-read your apple TOS and EULAs carefully

because having an album pushed at you is the least of your concerns

hint - you can delete it

How do I delete it? I don't like stuff being put on my phone or computer I dont want let alone some crappy artist I can't stand.

I don't download music on my iPhone or computer so I'm clueless at how to delete these unwanted songs.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Apple getting desperate for sales .. gimmick to get idiots to part with their money for an inferior product ..

Nice thing about android unwanted content easily removed .. runs better does more than apple and youre not forced to buy content at extortionate prices ..

Is there any shops that jailbreak there ? thats only way you might be able to get rid of the unwanted content ..

How are they making money on sales if this was done for free? I dont find it to be inferior. I think the whole PC vs Mac debate is a matter of opinion and personal preference. Believe me I've argued with people enough over that. I have had a PC and an Android and I didn't like them. I prefer Apple. For MY personal use and what i do they work just fine and I have never had one problem with any Apple product like I did with my PC and Android. I did like the one Android phone i had but it was always giving me software issues and I winded up getting rid of it.

Yea you can get a jailbreak at the flea market and at the mall there is a kiosk.

I will be looking at their T&C again. I skimmed them years ago when I got my first Apple product. I don't even have my iPhone connected to iTunes because I dont even use iTunes.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Not sure if you play PS3 but about 2 years ago with one of the updates they added Singstar in everyones downloaded games section, I dont even like those types of games but have to have it on my console with my other downloaded games.

I did not ask for it and don't want it, there is no way to uninstall it either, I can uninstall my other games I have downloaded but not this Singstar game.

Wow that is crazy! Yea no I don't play games like that but my brother does.

Guess they are trying to force it onto people so they buy more tracks for it.

I could understand if they do it to people who use the service for free but I pay to be a PlayStation Plus member and should not have to put up with this advertising.

I can understand if they sent you like a message asking to download it for free if you want it but just putting it on everyones devices is just stupid and not cool!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Heh, the only apple product I use is an iPod classic that I got for free through a company rewards program many years ago. It doesn't have an internet connection and I only let it synchronize when -I- want it to. I don't use iTunes anymore either since foobar2000 is FAR superior to iTunes and you can download a plugin that lets you update your iPod from foobar as well. No crappy U2 (redundant?) music on my electronic devices.

I still have an iPod classic too! I have an iPhone 2, 3 and 3gs and now an iPhone 5. I missed the iPhone 4 years due to no job lol. I inherited this iPhone because my mother in law lost it and then got one on her insurance and then found it so she gave it to me otherwise I'd still have my mediocre Android phone.

I haven't used iTunes in years! I LOVE Spotify. It's great. I pay a fee monthly to have it on my phone but I can have far more music than I can on iTunes because I dont' have to pay for the songs or albums. I dont get ads with the paid version of Spotify and even the free version which is available online only has a few commercials an hour. I love it! IMO it's better than ITunes!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I absolutely can't stand U2 first of all and second of all how can they even do this?

I thought I was the only one who could not stand them.

Ha nope! I have friends who love them and think I'm nuts because I don't like them. I feel the same about Dave Matthews Band and Coldplay. lol Not sure why but I just do not like those bands and Bono just annoys me.

I am not a big fan of their music and Mono's sanctimonious behavior only makes me like them less. I would be pretty pissed too if I had to take time to delete them from my phone.

Exactly! I can't stand his ego!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
I seriously recommend you re-read your apple TOS and EULAs carefully
because having an album pushed at you is the least of your concerns

Exactly. Like being turned into the HumancentiPad.

Hope you like cuttlefish mblah.

HAHA!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonMan
It's not actually been downloaded to your device, it's just on the cloud. It will disappear on it's own in a bit if you don't download it.

I'm no big U2 fan either, but this is really no big deal.

Really?? It will? Then why does it show up under my music and not in the cloud? Sorry new to the whole cloud thing and not sure how it works fully. Forgive my ignorance on the subject. I currently use iCloud for photos and I"m still trying to figure that out.

If it will disappear then GREAT!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sure is

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

I like Weezer but I still dont' want stuff put on anything of mine that I dont want and didn't ask for.

Again I am new to this whole cloud thing and how it works so I am basically a newbie at it

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

link   
I'm getting a kick. Oh, the WHINING.

link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: mblahnikluver

wait until Bono comes into your bedroom through your phone.

That is not even funny. That is scarier than a reptilian showing up in my room!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join