It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sorry if your a baby boomer but guess what, your time is done its time to let the younger people move up and take your place.

It's time you retire from your union position and collect your pension and let the younger person below you who's been waiting ten years for your job actually make a decent living so they can properly support their family.

It's time you step out of politics and let the younger generation deal with the new economic and social paradigm that your to old to understand.

The fact is you grew up in a completely different economy, under completely different politics, with an entirely different social dynamic.

We have technology you don't understand, a police state that you haven't experienced in your early 20's and global politics with a group of people who think different then you.

You don't understand the internet you don't understand television and podcasting and you don't understand anything about what's going on with the younger generation.

Get out if the way and let this place evolve.

+43 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm a baby boomer and I'm 60 yrs old, do you think I'm ready to retire in this economy? I think you're trolling and I am not going to feed you any more than I just did.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think we need their help but not to push them away.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, lets consider the fact that many 'Boomers have lost their pensions in the '08 crash -- and young people today are disenfranchised and disillusioned with politics and want no part of it.

It's not so easy-peasy or cut and dry.

Many 'Boomers have to keep working, and sad to say -- people in their 20's and 30's are so disgusted with politics that it's not an attractive career goal.

+14 more 
link   

I think you're too young to understand what you're asking.

I'm not a baby boomer, by the way.

+28 more 
link   
So much for respecting your elders, huh? My parents are baby boomers who worked incredibly hard their entire lives only to see their retirement disappear in 2008. I hope you get better than you offer when you are older.

This post is an epic fail of disrespect.

+10 more 
link   

They can't. Most had their retirement funds wiped out in the crash. And their home values decreased. There was a reason it all went down.
I had a 74 year old woman cashier at the drugstore the other day. I'm sure if they could get out of the way, they would.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

Die, huh..?

Well, I'd say things have evolved the way you have portrayed because of this very attitude.

Your take on the current situation is not spot on, and only raises more concerns regarding the future.

Social Capital is inclusive of all ages, regardless of the current paradigm. I hope your grandparents don't read this, or they may kick you out of their basement...

link   

Only an idiot argues with a moron

Taking your advice...

link   

Nice rant.

Who else is going to work the entitlement generation?

link   

Only 8% of people in this country are union members, and if union jobs are so good (which I personally think they are), then unionize whatever job you currently hold and get the wages, benefits and working conditions you deserve. No one is ever taking someone else's job because you don't own those jobs. Employers own those jobs and it is their decision who is best to serve their interests at the prices they determine to be optimal for them, although the policy that encourages people to work long hours and work past their retirement age is troubling.

Baby boomers don't need to die or get out of the way, our government needs to create better subsidies so that it is easier for baby boomers to retire without being forced to choose between food and blood pressure medicine. Besides, we are creating a new baby boom, and people born during such a phase have no control over that condition, so generational bloat isn't the fault of the people born to that generation.

I also think that the idea that most old people are out of touch is itself out of touch. I am amazed at how engaged older people are with technology. Even here in Westmoreland County, PA, the local Y's are holding classes on everything from smart phones to tablets to computer programming. I see people in their golden years every day at the library getting onto the computers, and while I don't think older people should run our society and the rest of us should just obey them, to suggest they are burdensome and have nothing to contribute is a basically bigoted opinion, in my opinion. This is as morally inappropriate to me as a racist rant.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Prediction: This thread will devolve into a bunch of people saying ignorant things about people from generations other than their own. The OP has already got the ball rolling. Just wait for the inevitable backlash from the Boomers saying that all Millennials are lazy, spoiled, and coddled.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

I didn't really mean die I just included that on the title so you someone like you would click it.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Just wait for the inevitable backlash from the Boomers saying that all Millennials are lazy, spoiled, and coddled.

I didn't say it but I can agree with it.
Yes I'm a Boomer.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They don't want to retire. They lost money in the 2008 crash and want to build it up again so they can take trips all over Europe to give them their money. They want to buy lots of toys to support the people in China and other low income countries. They want to retain their superior position in their companies that they work for.

What is wrong with that anyway, you should not have to retire if you don't want to.
edit on 11-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well as a business owner and a baby boomer; with your attitude, I wouldn't hire you to sweep the damn floors!!!

Get out of the way indeed....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Lol.

Well that's ok, when the millennialist are 50 and can finally do something they'll be so apathetic and beaten that they won't anyway.

And attitude has nothing to do with skill level.

edit on 9/11/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hey, I'd LOVE to get out of your way. I am a boomer and I think our generation (the same ones who went to Woodstock and protested in the 60s) are the ones who have basically ruined the economy and the government. But there is a WIDE variety of people who were born in those years. Not all of us are the problem.

But I do think it's time for the younger generation to enter politics and do what they can to change the world. If only they were interested! No one is going to "step aside" or "step out of politics", but I wish you the best of luck in running against them! I really do!

It's time to deal with the REAL issues of our country and planet, instead of trying to stop the evils of abortion and gay marriage. I'm all for the evolution and I will support it every chance I get.

You're showing your ignorance when you say things like this, however...

We have technology you don't understand, a police state that you haven't experienced in your early 20's and global politics with a group of people who think different then you.

You don't understand the internet you don't understand television and podcasting and you don't understand anything about what's going on with the younger generation.

My husband and I entered the computer business in 1970s and he's one of the top software developers in one of the top companies in the country. Not only does he know what's happening today, he has the history. So, we're not all a bunch of old people toddling around on our canes... LOL And he's certainly not going to give up his paycheck until he's ready. If you think you can do better, prove it.

NO ONE is going to step aside for you. If you think you can handle it, TAKE IT. And good luck!

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your OP is not only disgraceful but disgusting.

I fear for the younger generations if this is what they think their elders should do. Cold and heartless.

I am not a baby boomer but my dad is. The last thing I want is for him to "die or get out of the way" because some punk thinks that's what he should do.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right and that's because we don't agree with the way things are done.

Right here is the clear difference between the generations and the poster I responded to above about my attitude.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join