It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas turns down Egypt offer of “Palestinian” state in Sinai

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

So you feel sorry for the Palestinians losing their land and somehow also feel sorry for the Israeli's cuz they have to steal the Palestinian land? Maybe I'm confused. How can you feel sorry for the vicitms and the aggressors at the same time? I could understand empathy but not feeling sorry for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420 The comparison to indians in the us fails because they were not givin anything and were forced to move. This deal seems to be a gift that was taken from the palestinian people by their leader and shows true intentions. If the op is true then it shows a clear message that their leaders believe the people to be expendable and need to be controlled to the point of not having any choice. It really goes against human rights. Imagine if some country offered americans some land somewhere but obama stepped in and said no deal these people do not want your land. We have so many people in the us that yearn for ownership and i'm quiet sure the palestinians are no different.

link   
a reply to: thov420

So question..

What about the Israelis that bought the land... or the land that was taken during the war...both have been long accepted methods of gaining land. I am just curious.

I think both have a right to live and grow in their own country... I think both sides have done great evil in the name of their particular deity/country/people.

This extra land would have given them a way to grow and develop free from the fear of immediate bombings if Hamas did something stupid...

link   

But I also can't overlook the fact the Palestinians were there first.

This may be true but you will have idiots that will say it belongs to the Jews because they had a homeland there a few thousand years ago. They overlook that the people living in Israel now have no blood ties to the people that lived there thousands of years they came from Europe and Russia that is their true homeland.

Why not offer that land to the Israeli's? When they were crying for a "homeland" they listed several places besides Palestine to live in.
edit on 10-9-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What about the Israelis that bought the land... or the land that was taken during the war...both have been long accepted methods of gaining land. I am just curious.

After WW2 laws were passed that says taking land by force is a no no so it is no longer an accepted way of gaining land.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"A selfish man is a thief." --Jose Marti

Israel Steals Gaza’s Offshore Natural Gas: $15 Billion Deal with Jordan

edit on 10-9-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

See I agree with you here, if people want to move to that new land then they should be allowed to no questions asked. But I can still see why some would rather fight and die for what they feel is theirs before moving anywhere.

link   
a reply to: buster2010

Because thousands of israelis women and children were not just killed because of some history books. Those people are suffering and this would have helped save lives. By all means lets not give the people a choice in the matter.

link   

Israel is a done deal. That horse is out of the stable and recognized globally. It is now about a solution if Palestine wants one. It is naive to think that Israel is going back to old borders or abandoning their claim. I think people live in some "fair" utopia that doesn't exist sometimes. I feel sorry for Israeli citizens and military being thrust into a conflict which will ultimately destroy innocents as much as a Palestinian people who are caught in a never ending battle of wills they can't win. Is that really hard to get?

edit on 9/10/2014 by howmuch4another because: al

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yea that's true... and they also have repeatedly overlooked it happening...

If your on the "right" side of things the international community doesn't mind you taking land by force...especially if it was taken after you were attacked.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Land taken during conquest I guess to the victors go the spoils but land bought out from under the people who actually own it is a different equation. Like I said if someone/people wanted to take the offer they should be allowed to and even encouraged if the stats are equal but I would rather see the Palestinians keeping their own land in the end.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
"A selfish man is a thief." --Jose Marti

Israel Steals Gaza’s Offshore Natural Gas: $15 Billion Deal with Jordan

And as usual the world will stand by and do nothing while Israel commits this theft. It should be ok though because I'm sure they are stealing and selling this gas for their "defense". Whatever happen to that "thou shalt not steal" law?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
double post
edit on 10-9-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420 I can also see why some would rather fight the fight. Putting the women and children out of harms way would open the door for israel to take over and that seems to be a reason they did not get a choice. However it could have been accepted while still maintaining the fight but then again when the rest of the hold outs hear that people are sleeping at night without fear of death by bomb as much then many would seek a new life and ultimitly would lead to the downfall of palestine. No way to get around the tactics being used by both sides.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So would you leave you country for some empty land with no history if your country was under attack? Or would you fight for your country?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

If I had a family.. I would move in a heartbeat to have a chance to raise my family safely... and still support my country... its a no brainer. You give your children the chance to grow up safely and make the choice to die for the cause on their own after being educated with options in front of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1 Yes i would leave and forgive my opressers. But then again i have the knowledge to make the deserts green and know why they were dried up in the first place. You are posing that question to people that on average move many times in their life. it is all a matter of perspective and the current path holds no good end for the people.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

Israel is a done deal. That horse is out of the stable and recognized globally.

Not hardly. UN Vote for Palestine Not surprising it was voted down by Israel and the US, and that was just for non-Member Observer State status. The US/Israel don't even want the Palestinians at the UN period.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Whatever happen to that "thou shalt not steal" law?

It's lost somewhere.
It's probably where " thou shalt not kill " is.

Zionists should review the basic laws of Judaism. They have no respect for their own prophet's commandments, you think they'd have some for the descendants of Abraham and Ishmail ? Of course not.

edit on 10-9-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Leaving is a totally valid option to me but forgiving? That's a whole new ball of wax. Forgiveness is like respect, it is earned, not given or taken lightly.

ETA: Did the Jews forgive the Nazis? No, they have hunted them down to their last dying breath, sometimes quite literally.
edit on 9/10/14 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join