It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Westminsters Plan B

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Other than being shown to be wrong about how maritime borders work and what the article you linked to actually says. If that is you right would hate to see you getting confused.
You are of course entitled to your opinion on how it would all work. But unless England is actually going to invade the oil is Scotland's.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: alldaylong
Other than being shown to be wrong about how maritime borders work and what the article you linked to actually says. If that is you right would hate to see you getting confused.
You are of course entitled to your opinion on how it would all work. But unless England is actually going to invade the oil is Scotland's.

Still talking in black and white terms i see.

You can bet The U.K. legal teams are working on the issue of North Sea Oil as we speak.
Note i said North Sea Oil, not Scottish oil or English oil.

Some people are going to be in for a very loud wake up call.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Sometimes one is too close to be able to see the full picture

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Westminster's plan B will be to discover WMD's and Al Mc'Quieda living in Dumfries.

Once they have discussed the issue with their American counterparts, they will send airstrikes to take out Macsween's haggis factory in Edinburgh, essentially crippling the new found nations food supply.

Once the kilts no longer fit, and the pipers don't have enough strength to blow....they will send in the ground troops took take out Mr Alex McMuammar Salamander and his cohorts. This will result in them putting in an interim government headed by Rab C. Nesbitt IV, with Billy Connolly as head of foreign policy.

Once the dust settles, they will reunite Scotland with the UK and pretend it never happened.

The End.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm wondering after Scotland has said NO.. why Alex Salmond thinks he has the right to continue as the 1st Minister.

He has asked the question.. So surely he has to respect the will of the people... He will certainly respect it in the event of a YES

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I know of an economy boosting resource which is infinite in and lasts forever
its called marijuana !

us economy projects $8 billion dollars a year by 2018
license to print money right there
reduces crime , reduces cost on judical systems
provides great helth kick backs

increases tourism, can be used to make low cost carbon neutral housing

there is a plan B for any country

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I really think if we gain independenc Salmond will stand down and be happy he achieved his careers goal
and hand over Scotland to the next generation of politicians

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Claim based on actual oecd gdp per capita figures then. Yep obviously complete fantasy.
Why would you not think a developed north european country with huge natural resource reserves would be wealthy?

But if you haven't quite answered what currency you're going to use, then how can ANYONE make such a claim? Will you be trading in the Zimbabwe Dollar!? The euro? Definitely not the Pound.

You'll be one of the richest countries in the world... But you cant even tell us in what currency. It's all going to end in tears. Salmond does not have the answers you need to make an educated decision.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I really think if we gain independenc Salmond will stand down and be happy he achieved his careers goal

Heh. No. He's a politician. He'll draw his chair up to the trough and dig in again.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: sapien82

Heh. No. He's a politician. He'll draw his chair up to the trough and dig in again.

LOL!! .... The smell and taste of power is addictive

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

What are Scotland going to do to stop England from taking the oil? Yeah on paper the oil should be Scotlands but the world doesn't work like that, the little nations always bend over to the big powers.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's funny hear people saying "if Scotland go independant they will be one of the richest countries in the world, as high as 14th in the world!"

When infact as it stands, they are already one of the richest countries in the world as part of the UK... 8th richest in the world in fact. So if they ever go independant, they will really only be poorer then they were in the first place.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
edit on 13-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: liverlad
The 14th refers to Gdp per capita, not total Gdp as you are referring to for the UK.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: liverlad
a reply to: ScepticScot

What are Scotland going to do to stop England from taking the oil? Yeah on paper the oil should be Scotlands but the world doesn't work like that, the little nations always bend over to the big powers.

Eh, Nothing.... We will just sit back and let it happen. ?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

No-one's going to forcibly take all 'your' oil - its ridiculous to even suggest that its a possibility.

But, it will come at a cost - not everything is going to be settled in 'your' favour and threats of reneging on your share of national debt etc will do nothing for an independent Scotland which will be heavily reliant on the good will of other nation states.

Who is going to invest in a fledgling country that seems determined to enter into some sort of trade war with rUK?

Suicide.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this does not quite fit in this thread, but there are a few Independence threads now and this would be pertinent in any of them.

The following article in the Lancet refers to the Scottish Governments role/powers/lack of them in relation to a UK Government not ring-fencing the NHS from the TTIP agreement.

Neil Bennet (Sept 6, p 843)1 has given stark warnings about irrevocable future privatisation of the National Health Service (NHS) as a result of the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). This is an even more serious issue for Scotland, as people decide how to vote on its independence on Sept 18, 2014. The Scottish NHS would inevitably be drawn into TTIP and privatisation, because the TTIP agreement is with the UK Government in Westminster. There is no opt-out possible for the currently devolved Scottish NHS.
The planning behind UK involvement in TTIP appears to go back to Margaret Thatcher's Centre for Policy Studies in the 1980s, designing reforms to open up public services for privatisation.2 Throughout, either Westminster has not thought about implications for NHS Scotland and the devolved health administrations in Wales and Northern Ireland, or has considered TTIP a covert vehicle for forcing the privatisation agenda. Either way, Scotland has no voice in matters of great importance to its people. For the same reason, Plaid Cymru (Welsh party) has urged the UK Government to make the Welsh NHS exempt from TTIP.3
The NHS in Scotland is now very different from that in the rest of the UK. It is increasingly under threat because of funding cuts from Westminster. The plan for the UK to enter TTIP, without an opt-out clause for NHS Scotland, is symptomatic of the way Scotland has been treated in general, and an even more potent reason for Scottish people to be able to elect governments with full economic and bargaining powers through independence.

The Lancet

All the more reason to vote YES on Thursday imho.

Jane

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

No-one's going to forcibly take all 'your' oil - its ridiculous to even suggest that its a possibility.

But, it will come at a cost - not everything is going to be settled in 'your' favour and threats of reneging on your share of national debt etc will do nothing for an independent Scotland which will be heavily reliant on the good will of other nation states.

Who is going to invest in a fledgling country that seems determined to enter into some sort of trade war with rUK?

Suicide.

Doesn't every other country in the World enter into trade wars with each other. Isn't that how you go about securing investment to your Country by cutting the throat of the the next guy.

Why would Scotland competing in a open market for Business be...Suicide.?
We have already proved to the World over and over again that we are a top drawer Nation. That doesn't stop with Independence.

Ps, I didn't suggest anyone was going to take our Oil. Please link your statement to Liverlad.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
You will get replies here that the NHS is NOT slowly but surely being privatised....Dont Listen to them. they speak with forked tongue.

edit on 15-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Ps, I didn't suggest anyone was going to take our Oil. Please link your statement to Liverlad.

Yes, I know you didn't.
I thought when taking the whole post in context it would be quite clear why I mentioned it - maybe I overestimate people's comprehension skills?

Doesn't every other country in the World enter into trade wars with each other.

No, they don't.

Isn't that how you go about securing investment to your Country by cutting the throat of the the next guy.

You go about that by promoting the skills and expertise of your workforce and providing various inducements and benefits.
Free trade and enterprise within a free market.

Of course that's a simplistic take on things but that's the general way things work.

Why would Scotland competing in a open market for Business be...Suicide.?

That in itself wouldn't be suicide, and I've never suggested it would be.
I stated that entering into a trade war with rUK, because that's what would happen if iScotland renege's on its share of the national debt, would be economic suicide for a newly independent nation, especially one that relies heavily on the export and import of goods to and from rUK.

Two completely different scenario's.
Why did you try to turn something I said into something completely different?

I'm not one of those who predicts doom and gloom for an independent Scotland - of course you'll survive, you may even prosper.
I just don't think its your best option - and certainly not in the best interests of rUK.
But we've discussed that on numerous occasions over the past few months.

We have already proved to the World over and over again that we are a top drawer Nation.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

That doesn't stop with Independence.

That remains to be seen.
There are just so many unknowns surrounding independence, it really is a leap in the dark and there's no turning back if it all goes terribly wrong, which it could.

edit on 15/9/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join