It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Westminsters Plan B

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In 8 days time Scotland will decide if it's future lies as an Independent Country or whether it stays part of the UK.

If the decision is to move to full independence Scotland will be a very wealthy country indeed,
jumping to 14th richest nation in the World. With huge Oil and Gas reserves still to be extracted, Estimated to be £1trillion +, 90% of which
would stay in Scotland instead of going to London...

So i ask, Just What is Westminster's plan B?
This loss of revenue would be devastating for any countries future plans.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Why do you care?

*Edit*
You have shown a strong support for Scottish independence in other threads and a hatred for Westminster so I really can't see why you care, unless it is just to take the piss?

edit on 10-9-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Why do you care?

I dont, just wondering if Westminster had a Plan B in the event that they lose 90% of Oil and Gas revenue overnight.

EDIT. We are always being asked what our Plan B would be on Currency...I just thought it would be fair to turn the tables and ask what Westminster's Plan B is on the loss of a Trillion quids worth of revenue...
Do you have an Answer??
edit on 10-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If the post yes negotiations are carried out in good faith then there is no reason both countries cant benefit. International economics is not a zero sum game.
That however seems a big if!
edit on 10-9-2014 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Didn't think you did to be honest, you gloated to me in one other thread about the lovely black gold and now you start a thread about the loss of revenue to Northern Ireland, Wales, and England. Does it make you happy with claims that the country I live in could suffer.
You go on about Westminster, but if what you say turns out to have dramatic consequences then it's normal blokes like me who suffer, not the twats in government.
Why take the piss out of the normal folk? ...and if you are voting for independence in full knowledge of it then I think this thread really is just taking the piss out of normal folk in N.I, Wales, and England...and gloating about the oil.
Nice.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Didn't think you did to be honest, you gloated to me in one other thread about the lovely black gold and now you start a thread about the loss of revenue to Northern Ireland, Wales, and England. Does it make you happy with claims that the country I live in could suffer.
You go on about Westminster, but if what you say turns out to have dramatic consequences then it's normal blokes like me who suffer, not the twats in government.
Why take the piss out of the normal folk? ...and if you are voting for independence in full knowledge of it then I think this thread really is just taking the piss out of normal folk in N.I, Wales, and England...and gloating about the oil.
Nice.

What is Westminster's plan b...You still havn't answered the question. When Thatchers was Closing Ravenscraig, Pits, destroying manufacturing and Introducing the Poll Tax up here one year before England and Wales..Nothern Ireland escaped that one...
Did you lose sleep over OUR plight at the time, did you wake up and say, oh those poor Scots.??

I'll try again...What is Westminsters plan B?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Plan B? Simple, call the lawyers in. Where exactly would the maritime border go for the oil rigs? Where precisely? Who built them - so who do they really belong to? They're miles off the coast, so the three mile limit no longer applies. What's to stop London saying 'We built them, they aren't in your waters, they're ours!' and then switching the oil pipes to Newcastle? What happens to the constitution? Will Scotland have its own one? Orders in Council? Is it a Republic or still a Kingdom? What about the Border? Will there be customs houses on each side of it? Passport controls? Who stamps what with what? What about the barracks and the airfields and the naval ports? Who owns what?

The whole thing has the making of a total and complete legal nightmare. One that Salmond has I think desperately tried to gloss over.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What is Westminsters plan B?

There is none, and you already know that, as everyone does.
You cry about being asked 'What is Scotlands plan B' regarding currency etc', but you are the ones making the choice to leave the union, not us in N.Ireland, Wales, or England.
The rest of the UK will deal with whatever happens after the vote, but be sure that a tory run Westminster without Scottish MP's will play a hard game of poker, and those tory MP's will not be the ones who suffer.

As you have already stated you don't care what happens, I shall continue to think that the entire thread is a piss-take out of the common folk of N.Ireland, Wales, and England.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Start tapping the estimated 400million barrels of oil under the Falklands. First oil is already expected by 2018.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob
I agree, it is probably being taken into consideration right now.
The rest of the UK will survive of course, regardless of the points championed by the OP, but it is a pity this thread seems to be a celebration of perceived future challenges for N.Ireland, Wales, and England.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Start tapping the estimated 400million barrels of oil under the Falklands. First oil is already expected by 2018.

There we go. there is a Plan B...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I agree, it is probably being taken into consideration right now.
The rest of the UK will survive of course, regardless of the points championed by the OP, but it is a pity this thread seems to be a celebration of perceived future challenges for N.Ireland, Wales, and England.

I can understand the frustration, though. Most of the threads are pointing out the risks to Scotland, few are really considering the risks to the UK.

I think the Scots would be making a mistake voting yes. While I believe they will get the lion's share of the oil fields, it's a dangerously volatile market to hang your economy on and I am left with the impression that the income still won't match the expenditure.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Plan B is the same as Plan A, a Rothschild controlled central bank. Scotland can be as "independent" as they want as long as their currency isn't.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Plan B? Simple, call the lawyers in. Where exactly would the maritime border go for the oil rigs? Where precisely? Who built them - so who do they really belong to? They're miles off the coast, so the three mile limit no longer applies. What's to stop London saying 'We built them, they aren't in your waters, they're ours!' and then switching the oil pipes to Newcastle? What happens to the constitution? Will Scotland have its own one? Orders in Council? Is it a Republic or still a Kingdom? What about the Border? Will there be customs houses on each side of it? Passport controls? Who stamps what with what? What about the barracks and the airfields and the naval ports? Who owns what?

The whole thing has the making of a total and complete legal nightmare. One that Salmond has I think desperately tried to gloss over.

In 1999 Labour and Liberal Democrats secretly made 6,000 MILES of SCOTLAND'S SEA - ENGLISH by moving Scotland's marine boundaries from Berwick-up-on-Tweed to Carnoustie.

This unjust act was secretly passed without the consent of the Scottish People. Now 15% of oil and gas revenues of the Scottish sector of the North Sea which was previously attributed to the Scottish economy, £2.2 Billion in 2008, is now being attributed to the English economy. This amount of money is more than the proposed public sector cuts per year as experts forecast that Westminster will after the Holyrood elections, cut the Scottish budget by £35 Billion over the next 15 years which equate to £2.16 Billion per year. Scotland will give London a minimum of £225 billion over the next 15 years in oil and gas revenues alone. Full story on these Scottish Public Services budget cuts. This will equate to you giving away another £48,000 in your name.

www.oilofscotland.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I think it's actually Plan B (Part 1) - Plan B (Part 2) involves squashing Argentinian dissent over claims to the field and then drilling for the potential 4 billion barrels to the south of the Falklands as well. Not sure if the drilling will come before or after the squashing, though. Might explain the push for a second aircraft carrier...
edit on 10-9-2014 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The rest of the UK will deal with whatever happens after the vote, but be sure that a tory run Westminster without Scottish MP's will play a hard game of poker, and those tory MP's will not be the ones who suffer.

^^^This

IF and it is still a big if Scotland leave the union Holyrood will have more to worry about once the hangover has cleared than Westminster , there's more to this that who gets the oil and the Scottish people will soon come to realise that.

It's my belief the tories can't wait for Scottish independence as it will likely give them a clear run in the election next year hence all these pathetic little bribes Osbourne and Cameron keep dangling.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I think it's actually Plan B (Part 1) - Plan B (Part 2) involves squashing Argentinian dissent over claims to the field and then drilling for the potential 4 billion barrels to the south of the Falklands as well. Not sure if the drilling will come before or after the squashing, though. Might explain the push for a second aircraft carrier...

So Plan B part could include the Falklands War round two, oh well, at least this time they are not heading down there in Car ferries and Cruise ships.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, but if Scotland leaves the Union then Call-Me-Dave will very likely be given the Black Spot for his total and utter failure at keeping the Union together. As for Calamity George, well he's about as popular as a fungal infection. And the Tories would have to campaign with an election message of: 'We're not as crap as you think we are, honest, even though we broke the Union.'

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Fair one, but the question of risk will always be first raised with the people who are making the choice, in any situation.
Why anyone would produce a 'counter risk' argument for those without the choice smacks simply of gloating to me, but I could be wrong of course.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

jumping to 14th richest nation in the World. With huge Oil and Gas reserves still to be extracted, Estimated to be £1trillion +, 90% of which

Where one earth are you getting your information!

It amazes me that people seem to think that a independent Scotland is economically viable.

How can you say that it will be the 14th richest nation on earth when we don't even seem to know what the currency will be?

And another thing that really does amaze me is that people are nieve enough to believe rUK will go ahead and let Scotland keep all that oil. There is not a chance in hell that they will allow that, they will want to squeeze every last drop of oil out of us during the negotiations.

This is the problem with the no campaign, they spend too much time trying to make this about Salmond and in doing so it means is now indestructible and can spout whatever BS he wants
edit on 10-9-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join