It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect internet freedom - defend net neutrality???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I am proud to support the fight for net neautrality. The internet is my home, and I am one of her loyal imps. Team Internet, FOREVER. The FCC is an abysmal failure in every sense of the word. I love my internet just the way it is, thank you very much. The FCC can't enforce more crappy laws, expecially if the major internet corporations start chopping it up into little pieces and strangling packets to make more money. Screw them, they get enough of our money without much in return in terms of customer support or appreciation. STOP TEAM CABLE!

For other ATSers with their own websights this Github link has the source for battleforthenet-web-widget. Today is the day! The future of our internet is in our hands.

Very proud of ATS right now.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Good luck. I used to think cablevision in NY was probably pretty lousy, until I moved up here and met Roger's internet lol.

Cablevision used to try and be sly and cap my upload speed every few months, I would call, they would say I was using too much of my unlimited upload stream on torrents. I would demand to speak to a manager, threaten to switch ISP, he would comp the month feee and uncap my upload speed. Happened quite a few times.

Up here, they try to nickle and dime you for "how much internet you use", with an inaccurate "online meter" that isn't even in real-time, it's delayed by days. If they want to treat the internet like electricity, they should have to follow the same rules with an accurate meter that is overseen by a third party. I pay almost 3 times as much as I did back in the sticks of NY, for worse speeds, and a stupid monthly limit. It sucks. I know they try to cap torrents too, I have to switch to a random port every few days when it starts to flow like molasses.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That pop up is slowing down my loading. Not net neutrality.. Ats... Get rid of annoying pop ups like that, then your site will load as fast as it did before.

Or go back to the simple version of the site. The reason why things are slowing down is because ats is always adding pop ups and new flash things that take time to load. Dont blame net neutrality... Blame the people who clutter up the web site with ads, popups and facebook/twitter crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

You either didn't read, or didn't understand.

ISP (Internet Service Providers) tycoons Verizon, ATT, Comsuck, and Timewarner will literally take over control of the internet as we know it now and divide it into two internets and literally chop it into pices. Each ISP would be in control of a group of internet 'blocks'. They would control everything that happens within those blocks including content and traffic. More worrysome is the lack of privacy internet users will be subjected to. Also more worrysome is that the companies would be able to charge you more based on your browsing habbits. Want to view a better version of ATS, thats gonna cost you another .05 dollars per click. Want to view HD video's on youtube? That eats more bandwidth, thus you will pay another .10 dollars per video.

ATS utylizing flash or _javascripts to run ads has next to nothing to do with the problem at hand. Google is your friend. Go read more, your fly is down.
edit on 10-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: sp

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It popped up for me several times, not just once and it repeatedly logged me out of the site. I thought it was a virus, so avoided it.

I haven't seen this on any other site online today.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

It's not a virus. It's actually really important... If you enjoy interwebbing you may want to not avoid it.

/me facepalms repeatedly

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Signed it!

Protect Internet freedom!

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Yeah, I know now it wasn't a virus. I have signed the petition in the past. I will do it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join