It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight MH17 Downed By 'High-Energy Objects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Crash investigators say flight MH17 was downed by "a large number of high-energy objects".

More follows...

news.sky.com...

m.bbc.co.uk...

Flight MH17 Downed By 'High-Energy Objects

Are we talking missiles or other tech ?
edit on 9-9-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli Although wrongly positioned and unknown threat, I believe you may be wasting server space..., Nah NANTUCKIT, i'll bite, It was a plasma gun made from an array of fire ants, and platypus venom, perfect shot, I must say.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Took your time posting this, I could've done it 5 times over by now

Sounds like shrapnel from flak or bullets (which at the height it was flying would indicate another aircraft), the report conveniently doesn't elaborate as far as I'm aware.

And there was also the stunning revelation of no crew or technical error, clearly we have a genius in charge here.

The report also suggests the objects entered around the cockpit and on viewing some of the pictures, they look a lot like bullet holes

edit on -180002014-09-09T03:36:19-05:000000001930201419092014Tue, 09 Sep 2014 03:36:19 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
But according to dr evil platypus venom breaks up at high speed unless mixed with bs in a 3 to 1 ratio !

Why don't America just bomb Russia ?
They must be board now !
There haven't bombed anyone in at least 5 mins !
edit on 9-9-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The report actually said "high velocity shrapnel"
Which just goes to show the half assed nature of the report. "Shrapnel" only comes from a specific artillery round called the Shrapnel Round, which hasn't been in use since WWII.

It should have just said fragmentation or better yet unknown impactors.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Investigation Site with rolling updates.

Press Release of preliminary report.

PDF of the report itself.

Would provide quotes, but I am reading this and other things, but links for your enjoyment.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Um no, shrapnel comes from anything that explodes and sends out pieces of debris. In this case, almost certainly a surface to air missile.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I said in one these MA17 threads that if this plane crash goes off the air after a short life span, it will mean that it has been milked for all its propaganda value and dispensed with. I suppose I should have added that Russia will be blamed for its shooting down which it has so now it has been dispensed with apart from threads like this but it has long since dissappeared from the media.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Um no, shrapnel comes from anything that explodes and sends out pieces of debris. In this case, almost certainly a surface to air missile.

So the "shrapnel" makes round holes?

And, would the fact the report says they appeared from the cockpit area of the plane not indicate what may be a fighter approaching from the front?
edit on -180002014-09-09T04:17:27-05:000000002730201427092014Tue, 09 Sep 2014 04:17:27 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The report actually said "high velocity shrapnel"
Which just goes to show the half assed nature of the report. "Shrapnel" only comes from a specific artillery round called the Shrapnel Round, which hasn't been in use since WWII.

It should have just said fragmentation or better yet unknown impactors.

Aside from

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Um no, shrapnel comes from anything that explodes and sends out pieces of debris.

being true..the word "shrapnel" doesn't even appear once in the report. It in fact states "high-energy objects"
edit on 9/9/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess I wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Seeing as I only spent 8 yrs as a Marine Corps Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician. I wouldn't be a subject matter expert or anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

"High energy objects" means bullets to me

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It seems some are desperate just like the news media trying to prove that Russia did it. By claiming that they did an air surface to air missile did it, yet only crappy video exists that was released by the Ukrainian government and nothing more.

I am sure the people there where they lived had more cameras.

In this case, almost certainly a surface to air missile.

Still waiting for Proof that Russia did it.
edit on 9-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

"high-energy objects" doesn't mean an surface to air missile. Plus.

No evidence of emergency situation from cockpit recorder

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

"high energy objects" means just that, exactly as it says. It could be bullets, pieces of a missile, meteoroids, pieces of space junk that came down, etc. Let us not forget this is a preliminary report of an ongoing investigation, so there is still much to be learned and found. However,

Puncture holes identified in images of the cockpit floor suggested that small objects
entered from above the level of the cockpit floor

is a very interesting piece of information.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

"high-energy objects" doesn't mean an surface to air missile. Plus.

No evidence of emergency situation from cockpit recorder

I would also suggest that the captain, even seeing Ukranian fighter jet nearby, wouldn't assume it was about to open up on him.

Agreed not much can be determined from the report

edit on -180002014-09-09T04:33:54-05:00u5430201454092014Tue, 09 Sep 2014 04:33:54 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

High energy objects.

So we are talking about objects which carry such velocity that their kinetic impact is greater than their own actual weight, so bullets, fragmentation from exploding missiles, flak of some sort, basically projectiles of some description. This is NOT a suggestion that some terrifying futuristic plasma cannon poked holes in the cockpit.

Where those projectiles came from, and who fired them, is not a matter for debate, but is a matter for the investigative bodies looking into the matter to discern from the physical evidence at hand, if possible. The truth will out, or not, in time, and until we have some data from the investigative teams on the ground, as to the angle of entry, and precise nature of these projectiles, it would be foolish to speculate overmuch on who the culprit might be, since any speculation would be based on the political preferences and bias of individuals engaging in such thought, rather than being a product of solid empiricism and rigor of thought and deduction.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Puncture holes identified in images of the cockpit floor suggested that small objects entered from above the level of the cockpit floor

Above eh? surface to air cant do that

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to =18391310]AllSourceIntel[/post]

Well I'm going to defer to you on what the report actually states. I was going off what the "news" said this morning. They quoted the report saying "high velocity shrapnel"

That's what I get for watching cnn.

But my position on the use of the word shrapnel is still correct

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I gave links to the rolling website for the investigation, the press release, and the report itself that you may feel free to to look at. As the word shrapnel, semantics, but one could consult a dictionary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join