It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is a question that I've had for a long time, I'm 66 years old and have been following the subject of ufo's since I was a kid. I have never seen a ufo or even knew anybody that has. So my question to you is with so much disinformation and people who's goal is to sell books, is there any straight foward information out there that doesn't involve rehased info on tv or the same tired authors printing book after book on the subject.

There is plenty of intriguing information floating around, and some things that would be hard to dismiss regarding the subject. The government seems to have a tight lid on the subject whether the stories are true or false. But things such as the transistor supposedly invented by Bell labs is one of the most intriguing stories. My background is in electronics and I find it hard to believe that any scientists back in that era would have the imagination to come up with silica sand as a conductor for electricity this the invention of the transistor.

What are your thoughts on the subject? It seems this community all seek the same thing which is truth and hopefully some day we will find it.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lme7898354

Al I can tell you on this subject is:
If you have never seen something which you can't explain, you will never truely believe;
and once you see something which you can't explain, no one can tell you otherwise.

I have seen a couple of these things, and I know what I saw, but I could never convence anyone who has not.

You can read all the books ever written but they will forever just be words on a page.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

Precisely. Until I saw a shadow person and had the thing knock me aside three feet in front of two witnesses, I believed in them but was skeptical. Once that happened, forget it. I know what I saw. Smokey figure running at me with its arms fixed at its side, then it skipped up the wall and ran back to the floor. I literally saw this face with dark yellow eyes (the whites were yellowish), and a huge grin. He looked like a sickly bald man but with perfectly defined features, wrinkly, with these mocking, evil, condescending eyes. Then thump, ran right into me knocking me aside a few feet. I nearly fell over. In a state of shock the two witnesses looked at me with their jaws to the ground.

But since I got off topic, I agree teamcommander. Seeing is truly believing. Experience is belief. I know mostly doubting Thomas's and from my experience they usually shrug everything off.

OP: Information that's released is released for a reason. It's to divert attention away from real situations.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings. Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense. To hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel".

CIA Chief Roscoe Hillenkoetter.

quoted from New York Times, February 28, 1960

The cover up is the greatest feat of deception that mankind will ever endure.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Let me pose you a question. Why believe the people at Bell labs and not believe the thousands that have seen UFOs? Another. Why believe the government and not the UFO abductees?
It's all a matter of who to believe unless you are like doubting Thomas and wait for your own experience.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

As an abductee older than you, my suggestion would be to be wary of many UFO books that have come down the pike over the decades. Currently, there may be some that are a clever attempt to rewrite UFO history into a softer narrative so that the US government doesn't look all that bad at what is has done over the half a century of the UFO's at earth.

Frankly, that is the intelligent way of handling the UFO problem because few people while stating that they believe in alien UFOs have no conception of what all is involved. At the most, they grant the beings superior intelligence and technology. It rarely gets beyond that point which is ludicrous.

To get beyond that almost automatic roadblock that keeps us from deep thing on the whole matter, I suggest that you turn to some of the books that give intimate details of abductions. Most of the decent ones are decades old. But within them lays the real terror of the situation, the hidden secret you should but don't want to think about.

In virtually every abduction account regardless of what transpired during the event, the ETs mentally took control of the minds and bodies of those taken. It happened to me. Some remember details while they were subjected to this mind control and others remember very little about it. However, those details are not important to the main fact that the ETs can control humans with their minds and we are helpless to resist. I'm not suggesting that they can control large sections of the population or the entire world with their mind control abilities, but they certain can work that process on a few people at a time.That aspect, mind control, is the heart of the matter and the single, most scary and most not discussed aspect of the UFO phenomena.

Eventually, things must come to a head. For example, the witnessed black triangles, wholly ignored on the ATS threads dealing with aircraft projects, are obviously not genuine aircraft powered by jets and lifted by wings. To the contrary, they resemble in every aspect but their shape typical alien UFOs. (The triangle shape of these craft I have explained on ATS before are nothing more than our relying on our traditional three-axis manners of flight control to control our early versions of back-engineered UFOs.

(I will hasten to add that there are a great many ET civilizations visiting us. We seem to be the center of attention ever since we started messing with nuclear energy. Before the current crisis in Japan, we never understood just how idiotic that method is in regard to our life on this planet. Most people still don't take the existing danger seriously. But the UFO folks knew, from the first flash in the desert in 1945.)

edit on 8-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Let me pose you a question. Why believe the people at Bell labs and not believe the thousands that have seen UFOs? Another. Why believe the government and not the UFO abductees?
It's all a matter of who to believe unless you are like doubting Thomas and wait for your own experience.

Personally, there is no reason for me to "believe" any of the parties you mentioned, unless I had enough hard evidence to render a decision. People could say a lot of false things. people could think they saw a lot of things that turn out to be false. Government officials could say a lot of false things.

In fact, even if I saw something that I could not personally explain, that would not automatically make me an ET "believer". Just because I see something I can't explain does not necessarily mean there is NOT a non-ET explanation. I can say things such as "...but I know what I saw". However, just because I personally know what I saw, that doesn't mean that what I saw is the factual truth about what I saw; it is still only based on my own personal perceptions.

Granted, if I personally see aliens up close, and I can have a reasonable assurance that I really saw them (i.e., that I am not prone to hallucinations), then that may make me a believer. However, an encounter such as that would be a lot to ask.

edit on 9/8/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the truth is out there my friend. Both the government and the US military are waging a war of disinformation and denial on the subject. The Air Force claims it no longer investigates ufo's. I don't believe this for one minute. We have and we are being visited by at least several species.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Under the label "U F O" there are number of topics and phenomena meshed up. Some "U F O" experiences are less about flying objects, but more about - something totally different. It also has elements of synchronicity embracing some global topics influenced by the sheer mind of the observers, all manifested through this shallow plasticity of existence we call "reality". Balls of light, mental and spiritual light beings - the whole concept of world of quantum phenomena... There are really tons of aspects to it. And add to this all the hoaxes, misrepresentations, mis-identifications, etc etc... All that, and much more - is part of the concept "U F O". Extraterrestial visitors are a minority in that picture!

Long time ago, I tagged along recording of an encounter of ~3rd'ish degree, some time after the encounter actually had happened. In a suburb, one evening a guy saw a ball of light emerge from a spot of grass 15-20 meters from the porch he was sitting in his rocking chair. From that ball of light, emerged small beings, which started to take a look around the place where they now had arrived. At this point, the guy rushed inside, waited there shot gun shaking next to him, and stayed there until few minutes later the critters and the ball had dissappreared in a flash. And as he went back to the porch, he noticed the rocking chair was still for some reason rocking.

Now, one would think, that was just the man and his booze talking. But then, you look at the grass, and the 3 feet in diameter, 12-15 inch deep, charred and burned-through soil. And wonder what to make out of that story... Of all the places in the universe, why this spot? Nothing nuclear, nothing military. Just an old man and his rocking chair.

Well, at the end, you cannot do much else than really let questions remain open, and avoid jumping to any conclusions during next few centuries. And hope one day we can better understand what sort of clot we actually live on.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

Al I can tell you on this subject is:
If you have never seen something which you can't explain, you will never truely believe;
and once you see something which you can't explain, no one can tell you otherwise.

I have seen a couple of these things, and I know what I saw, but I could never convence anyone who has not.

You can read all the books ever written but they will forever just be words on a page.
LOL perfect explanation. I've seen a few things, actually quite a few. Some recent UFOs may have been drones. But those I saw back in the mid 90s, well they're a whole different ball of wax. They most certainly were not drones and they were way too enormous to be. They were larger than the airliner that crossed into my viewing path.

So yeah, seeing is believing and anything else is just hearsay

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I saw two orbs in 2009 together for a few minutes from a great distance at 6:30 am after putting my son on the bus. I was surprisingly calm because I did not believe in them. I asked my neighbors Do you often see things here in our state in the skies? The response I got was a few people have seen UFOs in their lifetime. Four different neighbors privately admitted this. And no they are not crazy. They are all responsible community people. I feel many people see things and no one reports it, because we have a hard time accepting the fact we saw something strange and out of order. To this day I wonder what it was I saw. And then all the other questions pop into my mind too...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The aviation forum has some rabbit holes that touch on this subject.
But your not gonna go through hundreds of pages, now are you!

So i will give you a very brief summary (very brief indeed):
It has become rather apparent that some (if not most) of these UFO's are black projects, therefore man-made. However, what is intriguing is that they might not necessarily all be terrestrial!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was a semi skeptic years ago but read this book...

us.macmillan.com...

and living relatively close to the Valley, I went up there to check things out for myself.
It was a life changing experience with so many anomalous events the world will never look the same.

I can't put a definition on my experiences. UfOs, quasi religious experiences, mind control, time distortions, all wrapped up in a confusing mess.
I have been back sense then without the first impact but still high strangeness and weird experiences.

edit on 8-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Have you ever watched a little league baseball game? Half the people say foul ball, half say fair ball and one guy says it was a strikeout. Eyewitness accounts are always going to be sketchy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately, by the time a UFO book has been written and published, 90 percent of the cases included have either been debunked, or have been proven to not have enough solid information about them to be debunked. The sad fact is after all these years, good evidence is still sparse and inconclusive. We don't know anything more about "UFOs" than we knew in the late 1940s. Photos and videos are curious and entertaining, but are very uninformative.

The older I get, the more I find that people who have an interest in UFOs are starting to see the ongoing lack of conclusive evidence as a kind of evidence in itself. And a lot of old-timers are starting to feel that UFOs are part of something as human being animals we're just not perceptive or smart enough to figure out. As I like to say, we're like a cat trying to understand income taxes. Do income taxes exist? Sure they do. But only to us humans who are smart enough to understand the concept. UFOs might be a similar thing.

Since we're pretty much the smartest creatures on Earth, we sometimes kid ourselves that it's not possible to be more intelligent. We're pretty good at cobbling together explanations and definitions of reality that can be useful to us. But just because we see reality a certain way, that's not necessarily how reality really is. We see a UFO and tend to think they're flying machines made by aliens from other planets. Well, there's really nothing to indicate that at all. And UFOs could be something a lot less simple, like a blip of reality from some other time or dimension (whatever that means) temporarily crossing paths with ours in such a way that our dumb brains can experience them in some way before folding back into the greater reality.

But there's no book that can explain that, or prove it. For decades, flying saucer books were just more concerned about telling little stories about odd encounters and then suggesting that UFOs really exist! So, okay. They exist, supposedly. Now what? Space aliens? Time travelers? Something else entirely? A bunch of little stories obviously isn't going to provide the answers. If they were, it would have happened by now. So we're forced to consider something a whole lot more subtle and complicated. And maybe less satisfying to some people than Bug Men from Mars.

edit on 8-9-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lme7898354
What are your thoughts on the subject? It seems this community all seek the same thing which is truth and hopefully some day we will find it.

Here's my entire opinion on the subject.

Its real. There are UFOs. I've seen a few. I also think they're piloted by extraterrestrials although I've not seen one. I don't know what they're doing here, but many credible sightings have taken place near nuclear weapons so defense/intelligence gathering is part of it.

I do know why our governments keep their mouths shut. Its simply a matter of control. The rich and powerful might potentially lose all their wealth and power if an earth-shattering revelation like this would come out publicly.

Anything acting this secretly cannot be trusted. Neither ETs or our governments.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I was skeptic until I saw one for the first time while flying. It was a classic saucer shape, metallic, and moved in a way that showed the ability to control gravity/inertia. I thought it must be some black ops military project. I was shocked to discover, upon initially looking into the UFO phenomenom, that the exact same craft that I saw was painted on cave walls dating back 20,000 years!

I have looked into the subject for many years and anyone else who has knows that there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that shows we are being visited by otherworldly beings. The evidence is there, the problem is that people will believe what they want to believe. The truth is just too scary for some to believe.

BTW - just because Putin says he has no troops in Ukraine, despite pictures, reports, and overwhelming evidence that he does, does not mean he dose not. If you are waiting for the truth from the government, and ignoring all of the other proof until they come out and say UFOs are real, you will never know the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If you just go with Probabilities and Statistics... the odds say there are E.T. tech that has been witnessed by humans...

The Probability that 100% of all sightings, photos/images, testimonials, etc., are lies or mis-indentified is nil...
edit on 9-9-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Not to be overly argumentative, first we must prove ET are coming here, that was the original comment. If ET's are not coming here, then the abductees statements have no relevance. Once ETs are proven to be coming here, the abductees statement would then help explain ET purposes.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cdesignmaster

I don't think you got my answer correctly. The OP was asking who to believe, who not to believe, until I have pure evidence I wont believe. Now to answer your reply you obviously did not get the Doubting Thomas Allegory. Doubting Thomas did not believe what anyone said or what he saw with his own eyes(that was the doubting bit). He only would take actually toughing as proof . Hence to answer you, you can see an alien, you can hear some ones accounts of meeting alien BUT when one stands in front of you and you can touch it THEN you'll know they're real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join