It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that deceased people visit us in our dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think our subconscious is able to make images of our relatives and send instructions to us using these images. If your subconscious mind does not like what direction you are going it can communicate by many means. Now our primordial part of the brain, one that is set and protected at a young age, is probably the mediator of this. But I am not sure if that is the case. When people think they see people, they are, the image is being displayed to them. Unless of course if they are joking about it. Where does this image come from is what is debatable, is it coming from our inner mind or is it some kind of communication with another relative who is seeing or thinking about this at the time. I am a strong believer that this link exists. I understand why society does not want to say it exists. In fact they want this link blocked. If we were able to control it it would be beneficial, but most people cannot control this link and this could give power to the wrong people. So is it good or bad that they try to dampen this link. Overall, I would have to say dampening it would be beneficial for our present society but bad for most people individually. We need to believe in our economy for society to work correctly, so they dope us up with certain foods and chemicals to break the family bond and make us more susceptible to believing a lie.

Sounds kind of crazy till you start examining all the chemistry of foods and how medicines can treat problems people have.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well our brain is the most advanced quantuum computer this side of Zeta Reticuli,and "reality" is just a field of vibrations in time/space.
The time side of things may contain frequency "echos" just like the space side of things does.

Shout across the mountains and you hear the echo return.
Could events in time also produce echos some people are able to pick up?

Our awesome grey matter is,under certain circumstances,one big transciever of these echos maybe.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks cassp for starting this thread. How do you feel after these dreams of your father?

I lost my sister a number of years ago to breast cancer. I used to see her in my dreams every now and then. As the years have gone by I see her less and less...but what's strange is whatever I'm feeling in my dream stays with me for days now. Also, the dreams with her seem much more vivid than they used to.

If you asked me years ago if I believe the dead visit us in our dreams I would've said no. Now? I'm not so sure.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have reservations about this post but I have had the experience twice. My son passed away
on my couch several years ago as did my mother. Previously my sister and Father died. The emotional pain of my Son dieing was the most excruciating. In the first dream a friend came by and asked where is Wade ? He died. No he didn't he is living downtown. WHAT ?! I have to go get him ( I was overjoyed ) We met and he said he didn't want to go with me,he was okay.
I was speechless and filled with grief as I walked away.
Second dream, same scenario, we met, he was smiling and said "I really like it here, I'm happy." ( In life Wade had Downs syndrome, was speech impaired and legally blind ) Now he was quite normal. I again walked away but this time felt a sense of peace knowing he was happy and okay. Although I still desperately wanted him back in my life.
Then it got strange. I received a call from a very distant relative indicating they had the same experience and the same message from my Son " I really like it here, I'm happy ". In an odd way I found this of comfort.The same exact words ? What are the odds ? Of course these are simply dreams which gave me pause. Could there be a connection between the afterlife ( If there is one ) and our collective unconscious ? No clue. Although my reservation in writing this has come to pass. I am now quite sad.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can't say for sure although I had a vary vivid dream of my mother about two weeks after she died.
In the dream she was sitting on a park bench in a city park with a brick planter wall behind the bench. She wore a pink tee shirt with a kitten on it. She smiled and said hello and when I asked how she was she said I'm just fine. She seemed happy and peaceful to me.
When I relayed this dream to my sister she told me she had given a pink tee shirt with a kitten on it to our mother for her birthday. I guess she liked the tee shirt.
edit on PM000000300000000993724302014-09-08T13:24:17-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I have wondered about this very idea for a number of years. back in 2004, I lost my grandfather with whom I was very close. a short time later, a few months probably, I was dreaming as I often do. it happened very quickly, but he appeared in the background of my dream, a distraction kind of, maybe more of a flicker. I am a very lucid dreamer mind you and I realized very quickly that he was not something that was part of my dream, but rather something intruding on it. it was kinda alarming when it happened and I woke myself up very quickly. laying there afterwards giving it some thought, it felt like he just appeared to show he was still around in some capacity. he was very indifferent in the brief instant I saw him and then he was gone again. strange indeed. i dunno, just my two cents for what its worth.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yep, I've had a couple of those dreams. Once, when I was going through a rough period in my life emotionally, I had a dream where my deceased grandfather was sitting on the end of my bed. We were talking and I was asking him deep questions. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of these questions/answers, but the one thing I remember was him telling me that he wanted me to know that he was always near, and that in my times of troubles, he was doing everything he could to help me out. I don't know if it was real, but it was a very comforting dream. Love my granddaddy!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow! So many interesting responses. I am glad that I am not alone in sharing these experiences. For those of us that do believe, may we be comforted in that. Any glimpse of a family member or friend (or Jimi Hendrix!) that we will never see in the waking world again is a happy thing. Photographs and memories are nice, but the impression that that person is 'alive', aware, and communicating - it is exhilarating!

For now, I will look both ways before crossing the street.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cassp83

I really hope not, as the only dreams I've had involving dead loved ones are among the most horrible nightmares I've ever had. After my grandfather passed (who I was very close to and loved dearly) I had a dream in which he came to me and suddenly his mouth was filled with these huge sharp teeth and he became some kind of monster zombie or something. I had the same dream after my brother died but with him in it instead.

These were some of the most vivid, realistic dreams I've ever had and they left a deep impression on me. I also dreamed about my dad after he died, and although he didn't physically transform like the others, he was dead in the dream and everyone knew it but just sort of acted like they were 'humoring' him if you will. Creepy dreams, and I wouldn't want to think my actual loved ones had anything to do with it...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Me? No. However, my grandmother was dying of both heart trouble and a large, aggressive sarcoma. In the days just before she passed away, both my mother and my aunt had very vivid dreams of my grandfather who had passed away four or five years prior. Both found those dreams enormously comforting even though my aunt's at least was just a vision of my grand father coming through the barnyard of the farm where both he and my grandmother lived their entire lives.

As my aunt said, "It was OK then because I felt like Dad was coming for Mom, so it was OK."

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not so much in my dreams. But it was interesting.. When I first started showing symptoms of having Lupus and began getting super sick, myself and my mom kept smelling the original Old Spice scent in the house. No one in the house wore original Old Spice... Or even any kind of Old Spice. No one we knew did. Except my great grandfather who I was VERY close with when he was alive.

I felt very safe and watched over.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm always delighted after those 'dream' events. It lets me know Daddy is still okay - his former young and vigorous self. Sometimes I even call my mom and say, "I got to see Daddy last night!"

I generally wake up in a good mood after those dreams...
like I really did get to visit with him again.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it (and getting sad/nostalgic) - right before he died, I was there seeing him every day - and I said as I would leave to go home: "Daddy, if I don't see you again before you go somewhere else, please be sure to let me know where you are so I can find you. Okay?"

He agreed. I believe he held true to his word, which he always was.

edit on 9/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

That's very powerful. I'm so sorry for all the losses you've endured.
Losing my dad was the most intense experience I've had - I can't even imagine losing my kids. And I dread the day I lose my mom.....

Thanks for posting your story. It helps all of us, I think, to share these thoughts and experiences.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

First of all, I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. Can not even imagine the grief you must be feeling.

My husbands father passed away when he was 10 years old, he still has a difficult time with his fathers passing to this day, he feels robbed of the father/son relationship and missed his father helping him grow in to a man. His mother did an amazing job, it's just not the same though.

I am a believer in loved ones visiting us in our dreams and in real life, after their passing. I've seen my grandmother in my dream after she died, she appeared much younger, heathy and beautiful as ever.

She also visited my house at least 3 times that I'm aware of. The kitchen lights kept turning on by themselves, light switch and all. My husband was also home at the time so I wasn't the only person to witness it. We both had this gut feeling that it was my grandmother and the reason she was visiting us was because she wanted to be buried. Much of her family was traveling in from Australia, so we had the funeral about six months after she passed away to give everybody time to get money and pay for the trip to the US. On the third time the light switch turned on I explained to her the situation and told her I love her very much and that I miss her so very much. Then explained the reason she wasn't buried next to her son yet, after that the light switch never turned on by itself again.

There have been other times where I felt her presence, it was a comforting feeling. She was always my favorite and the world lost a little piece of sunshine when she passed away.

Because most of these things that are communicated are usually feelings I guess it could be interpreted as my subconscious telling me these things...

All humans have intuition, whether we use it or not is up to us. Trust in your feelings and intuition, you're probably right most of the time.

Again, sorry about the loss of your father. He will always be with you.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you don't mind my asking, how did your father die? Did he have any vices in life and have you possibly picked them up yourself? My first impression of your dream was that it had nothing to do with crossing the street.

I've had a few special dreams with a cousin that had committed suicide. After my grandma died I dreamt of her shaking her head at me in disappointment, but then all that summer I had Blue Jays and Cardinals following me around and she was an avid bird-lover.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

Good call! I was thinking the same thing...that it was more of a metaphor for something else. Kind of like how dream interpretation works.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Like others, I don't know if it's just my subconscious imagination or if they really do come back but yes, it's happened to me. My father came back to see me in a dream, three days after he passed. He didn't say anything really, it was a very vivid dream and I saw him just hovering over me in my bed. I woke up and immediately recognized that he just showed up that way, meaning to say "Hey...everything's okay...I'm okay...".

The second time was two years ago, a very close friend died of cancer, at 60 years of age. I stayed with him up to a few hours before he passed and this is the kind of stuff that nightmares are made of. At the time, as he wasn't driving, I was driving him around when he needed to go places, in my decrepit p.o.s. 99 Honda Civic...but he loved that car. Weeks had passed and I don't exactly know why but his passing and the way it had happened had left me angry and a bit depressed.

And then, one night, in my dream, I am walking to my little Honda, to go to work and there he is, sitting behind the wheel. He looked really good, young / in his thirties, well groomed and well dressed and he smiled at me as I opened the passenger door to look at him. "Come on Marc, it's my turn to give you a ride" he said, with a huge grin. I woke up with a huge smile.

If it's our subconscious mind playing games then it's very well done. But I like to prefer that my Dad and my friend came back to show me that they were just fine.

Excellent thread topic. S&F.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok this is hard to type...
My brother was on holiday in france and he had an accident drowned and was in a coma for a few weeks I had flown over and we were all staying in a campsite near his hospital.
One night I had a vivid dream of lovely rolling green hills and as I looked across I saw a dust trail just like road runner speeding towards me and it was my brother he was about ten years of age and he said "don't worry I have a job to do you were always my teacher but I will be the master" and he laughed then I awoke to my mum screaming because she just got told he had died.
We were both star wars fans I think that is why he said it.
I wish he would visit me again...I miss him do much.
So op thats my story.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't know about people, but I used to have this cat I loved spending time with, and she loved being with me. I'd always pet her or brush her, and she was always really happy to be around me. Long story short, one day something happened to her and me and my mom agreed that it'd be best to shoot her and put her out of her misery, so I did. 2 days later while I was asleep that night, I had a dream about her where she "told" me with feelings that she loved me and it was ok because she understood what happened. Could have just been a dream, but who knows. It felt real.
What's kindof weird though is when she appeared to me in my dream, she actually had a third eye in the middle of her forehead, which for anyone not aware, symbolizes something like a higher consciousness or spiritual understanding.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I also have had visitation. But not anymore, well not that I am aware of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join