It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that deceased people visit us in our dreams?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cassp83

Absolutely I believe it, the trick is knowing when it is your own dream and when real deal

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I believe so. The dreams I've had of loved ones told of information and advice I did not yet know for example. Warnings too, when I needed advice-thinking about it, asking about it or not even knowing I needed it yet. These seemed very real, quite possibly only lucid, but seemed more "real" than that. Some of the dreams, especially of confusion and nightmares-but not all are- related to loved ones I'd attribute to thoughts and memories throughout the day being recapped by the mind. The two forms of these dreams expressed are very different.
edit on 10-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

Your story gave me chills. It is crazy how the mind works.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

It will be interesting to see you on the "other side" of the argument, because of your recent experience! LOL

edit on 9/10/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The first time I was ever contacted by anyone who crossed came through a dream.

A good friend of mine had died several years before, and one night I had a dream about her.
I ran into her son in the dream and he said his mom wanted to talk to me and next thing I knew I was standing in front of their old house that she used to live in before they moved to another part of town. He told me to go inside and when I walked into the dining room, I saw her sitting at the table like she used to do when we would all hang out there.
Something clicked and I knew it was different than a dream, almost like a lucid dream.

I asked her what she was doing there as she was dead, and she looked me right in the eye and said she was waiting and reflecting on life before she was to go someplace better, and while she waited, she would be hanging out in the old house because it was where she had the best memories. She then said she had to get some rest and I walked with her up into her bedroom, and I covered her with a sheet like I was covering a dead body. Her son then came in and said I had to go.

As I was leaving the house, I saw a little baby in the ditch crying and when we made eye contact, the baby stopped and smiled at me. A little over a year later when my 2nd son was born, he was the exact image of the baby in the dream and I knew right then and there, almost like deja vu, that she really had visited me in my dreams.
My son was a verifier to me that it was more than just a dream,
and I have no doubt she visited me as my first after death contact.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Wow! Do you think maybe she was telling you that she was coming back as your son in this life?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Someone suggested that to me, but from what she was saying, she was waiting, kind of like a purgatory deal, but who knows?
He is the only boy to have blond hair and blue eyes, just like her, and has her temper...lol

it is possible, but I don't know.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Someone suggested that to me, but from what she was saying, she was waiting, kind of like a purgatory deal, but who knows?
He is the only boy to have blond hair and blue eyes, just like her, and has her temper...lol

it is possible, but I don't know.

A year is more than long enough to contemplate on one's previous life.
That is the "feeling" that jumped out at me when I read your post: she was letting you know she will be/is your son now.
If that makes you feel weird, I'm sorry. He is your son now, not your friend that died. Just keep that in mind so you don't feel strange about it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It would be interesting if you showed some pictures of her to your son to see what kind of reaction he has to it.

Maybe ask some questions to see if he can answer them that only you and she would know about.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I don't have any pictures of her anymore.
The album I had that did have her picture got lost somewhere many years ago.

Even if he is her reincarnation,
(which I have already told him the story about it because he was my first proof of ADCs)
it wouldn't change anything.

But it IS interesting that you picked up on that.
It was actually a thought of mine for a long time that he could be her.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

She wants me to validate this for you.

So, there! Validation!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Try heating a pot of water to certain tempatures not real hot like say 125 and let it set the mood for some different atmospheres aroung you. Keep the water going steady for hours and begin to feel a different vibe. Different tempatures will yeild different feelings and the one i mentioned is the most peaceful to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OK...freaky story here.

Exactly 13 years ago tonight I dreamed of my deceased father. He and I were sitting in the back of the car that he had given me before he died.

He was completely distraught and told me that God wouldn't listen to him. I don't remember if I said anything to him, but I actually woke myself up praying for God to listen to my father. I don't really pray with regularity, and I have never had an experience like this before or since.

In case you haven't done the math, the morning that I woke up was September 11th, 2001. Otherwise known as 911.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cassp83
Didn't mean to spook ya with it! I have had a handful of dreams about her since but none conveyed that kind of message , especially where it was like I had to figure out what she meant.

Congrats on making it to the radio! Hope I can stay up that late to hear it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Ok this is hard to type...
My brother was on holiday in france and he had an accident drowned and was in a coma for a few weeks I had flown over and we were all staying in a campsite near his hospital.
One night I had a vivid dream of lovely rolling green hills and as I looked across I saw a dust trail just like road runner speeding towards me and it was my brother he was about ten years of age and he said "don't worry I have a job to do you were always my teacher but I will be the master" and he laughed then I awoke to my mum screaming because she just got told he had died.
We were both star wars fans I think that is why he said it.
I wish he would visit me again...I miss him do much.
So op thats my story.

Oh Honey, much hugs and love to you!!!! I love your posts and was very sad to read this one.

However, in keeping with the OP, I have actually had positive experiences in dreams. In the ones I am thinking of that relate to this topic, I have seen loved ones who have passed away, in my dreams, but it seems like we can see each other and make eye contact, but can not talk. It comforts me anyway, or at least it has done so thus far.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My great grandmother had a sister who passed away years before I was born. I only knew they called her "Aunty Vi". A few years ago, I dreamed an old women was teaching me how to make a cake called "Vivian's chocolate rain cake" she said "The store bought cake mixes you have these days are just as good, but the important thing is that you have thin drops of chocolate down the sides like rain, and candies violets on top" she said she made that cake for every party and everyone always loved it. The dream was so long and realistic, so I told my mom about it. She said Aunty Vi was short for Vivian, and she looked like the lady I described in my dream, hair in a bun and a long hook nose.
I feel bad that I still haven't made the cake and that was 10 yrs ago😞

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
this is a strange one for me and im hoping someone might be able to help. i've had dreams that have meant something and i do believe dreams are not just dreams, so, the dreaming of family members that have passed on, i have had a number of dreams of my grandparents (touch wood they are the only family that have passed on) but they have all been horrible, nightmarish like the one i had last week it really upset me, i dreamt of my granddad he was really skinny and frail and i was helping him get downstairs and it was a horrible dream seeing him in that state, a few months ago i dreamt of of both nan and granddad and my nan wanted me out of the house and didn't really want anything to do with me but my grandad was nice in it and said he would be there. why would they give me dreams like that that just upset me? the other wierd thing that gets me is people say 'call on your angels or family and ask them to visit you in a dream' week before last, i asked my grandparents to visit me in a dream but i had a terrible realistic dream about bloody zombies, i was like, wtf?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

At least I'm not the only one, while our dreams are not exactly alike, there are similarities... read my post half-way down page 2.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

Have you had any activity in your house? Even just a little bit? Something that may have happened that you brushed off as... ahh that's nothing, and forgot about it?

Sometimes lower level entities will visit us in our dreams and appear as mean family members in a way to "get to us", cause us to be upset, bring us down, etc.

I would say this was one of those entities. Probably not a demon, but just a mean spirit that wants you out of the house.

You can avoid these dreams by raising your consciousness to a higher level of love. Mean spirits have a hard time entering that level.
It could be a former owner that wants you and whoever is there to leave the house, but you are the easiest one to contact.

There are smudging rituals you can do around your house to get rid of them. Even if you aren't a believer, place a Bible beside your bed. There are also, gem stones you can place around your house and near your bed to make them leave.

www.healingcrystals.com...
Amber-removes negativity
Amethyst-removes negative thoughts
Aventurine- reduces negative thoughts and emotions
Chalcedony
Chlorite in Quartz-absorbs
Citrine-transmute negative energy into a lighter, higher vibration.
Fluorite, All
Jasper, Red, Brecciated
Kunzite, Pink- dispels negativity
Obsidian, All
Tourmalinated Quartz
Tourmaline, Black

I hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join