It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack the Ripper case solved, Ripper now identified

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It is the greatest murder mystery of all time, a puzzle that has perplexed criminologists for more than a century and spawned books, films and myriad theories ranging from the plausible to the utterly bizarre.

But now, thanks to modern forensic science, The Mail on Sunday can exclusively reveal the true identity of Jack the Ripper, the serial killer responsible for at least five grisly murders in Whitechapel in East London during the autumn of 1888.
www.dailymail.co.uk... -years-string-terrible-murders.html

Story checks out for me, please read the whole article.
Would be nice to hear from some ATS armchair sleuths!

I did do a search, but to no avail, so don't shoot the messenger!

Edit: I know The Daily Fail is just a comic, but this does sound legit!
edit on 6/9/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If it's true it's remarkable.

I read somewhere he left a masonic mark on a wall and the police rubbed it off. S + F

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

That's highly cool!

Mystery solved.

I'm a little saddened, though. I do enjoy mystery.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Seeing how the woman was a prostitute there is no evidence that the DNA sample they got from the shawl actually came from the ripper. He could have just as easily been a customer of hers.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So they got a 'perfect match' says Jari.
edit on 6-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how the woman was a prostitute there is no evidence that the DNA sample they got from the shawl actually came from the ripper. He could have just as easily been a customer of hers.

Well spotted, and I did think the same!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
what utter garbage.

first its a daily wail story well known tabloid purveyor of steaming piles of inaccurate hyped up rubbish.

and second so what if her shawl had his DNA on it i wont go into her character or job!
however the piece did not say how many other peoples traces were on the cloth
i would imagine several and they lived in the same area and probably met before.
just because he was a suspect and his DNA was on an item of hers does not prove any more
than they had close contact.
and it does not say the source for the DNA was it his blood, semen, skin cells, a hair follicle?

proof of murder umm no actually.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
totally agree, i must admit i almost sprayed coffee in laughter at reading this link

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The guy they are trying to pin this on was known for having some odd sexual proclivities that eventually landed him in asylums for the rest of his life, including obsessively masturbating so not only does your point stand, it only ties him to one ripper victim. He was a paranoid schizophrenic and notorious pervert sure, but this in no way conclusively convicts him of being the ripper. It ties a Victorian sexual deviant to a single prostitute, not anywhere near as open and shut as they try to make it out to be.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this here - very interesting!

Of course, there are many criticisms out there about this. Some have already been mentioned here - like the reputation of The Daily Mail (why not publish this in a peer-reviewed journal for real scrutiny?)

Here is a criticism I recently read that might also give some pause...

The chain of evidence or provenance on the shawl is less than stellar. In the piece on the Daily Mail's website, the aforementioned amateur sleuth writes that the shawl is "said to have been found next to the body of one of the Ripper's victims, Catherine Eddowes, and soaked in her blood. There was no evidence for its provenance, although after the auction I obtained a letter from its previous owner who claimed his ancestor had been a police officer present at the murder scene and had taken it from there." (Emphasis mine) I am of the camp that believes extraordinary claims require extraordinarily clean and robust evidence. A shawl with no provenance record and an association based on a family claim is not what I call extraordinarily robust.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Before I comment.. what would be construed as "obsessive"? And for that 'pervert scale' On a scale betwixt 1-10 what would swim fins and a catcher's mask get Me?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I was thinking the same thing... Seems like another researcher is "jumping to conclusions" to become the one who identified Jack the Ripper..

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

The guy they are trying to pin this on was known for having some odd sexual proclivities that eventually landed him in asylums for the rest of his life, including obsessively masturbating so not only does your point stand, it only ties him to one ripper victim. He was a paranoid schizophrenic and notorious pervert sure, but this in no way conclusively convicts him of being the ripper. It ties a Victorian sexual deviant to a single prostitute, not anywhere near as open and shut as they try to make it out to be.

Woah woah woah... Now what's wrong with obsessively masturbating? Ok, nothing... phew...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: peter vlar

Before I comment.. what would be construed as "obsessive"? And for that 'pervert scale' On a scale betwixt 1-10 what would swim fins and a catcher's mask get Me?

I don't think I'm in any position to decide let alone judge, what's obsessive in that regard! I'm simply going by what I've read over the years and how the gentleman was always described. He's getting a bad enough rap for being a serial killer, now I feel like I've just made things worse for the poor sod. And if you're going for a perfect 10, you're going to have to throw in a snorkel with the fins and mask if we're grading fairly!
edit on 6-9-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
While many are scoffing about 'it proves not much' do indeed have a point, it is by far the most exciting bit of evidence so far. It is probably as good as a result as there will ever be. Also, it's funny how the killings stopped once he was put in a mental hospital huh? For me, this is as close to a slam dunk as there will be to put a face on the ripper. And at least this guy got off the net instead of just talking the talk, he went out and walked the walk. Sad he chose the Daily Mail though...

edit on 6-9-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Pretty interesting. I wonder if this has been verified by the the authorities there or if they are just dismissing it. If they discovered this, I suppose they would have it all over the news.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Pulling your goalie will land you in the rubber room

edit on 6-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
While many are scoffing about 'it proves not much' do indeed have a point, it is by far the most exciting bit of evidence so far. It is probably as good as a result as there will ever be. Also, it's funny how the killings stopped once he was put in a mental hospital huh? For me, this is as close to a slam dunk as there will be to put a face on the ripper. And at least this guy got off the net instead of just talking the talk, he went out and walked the walk. Sad he chose the Daily Mail though...

The killings stopped before he was put into the mental hospital. According to an FBI profiler there was no way he did the murders.

Aaron Kosminski

Aaron Kosminski (born Aron Mordke Kozminski; 11 September 1865 – 24 March 1919) was a Polish Jew who was admitted to Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum in 1891.[19] "Kosminski" (without a forename) was named as a suspect by Melville Macnaghten in his 1894 memorandum and by former Chief Inspector Donald Swanson in handwritten comments in the margin of his copy of Assistant Commissioner Sir Robert Anderson's memoirs. Anderson wrote that a Polish Jew had been identified as the Ripper but that no prosecution was possible because the witness was also Jewish and refused to testify against a fellow Jew. Some authors are skeptical of this, while others use it in their theories. In his memorandum, Macnaghten stated that no one was ever identified as the Ripper, which directly contradicts Anderson's recollection. Kosminski lived in Whitechapel; however, he was largely harmless in the asylum. His insanity took the form of auditory hallucinations, a paranoid fear of being fed by other people, and a refusal to wash or bathe. In his book, The Cases That Haunt Us, former FBI profiler John Douglas states that a paranoid individual such as Kosminski would likely have openly boasted of the murders while incarcerated had he been the killer, but there is no record that he ever did so.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
JACK THE RIPPER

BY

ALEISTER CROWLEY

To acquire a friendly feeling for a system, to render it rapidly familiar, it is prudent to introduce the Star to which the persons of the drama are attached. It is hardly one's first, or even one's hundredth guess, that the Victorian worthy in the case of Jack the Ripper was no less a person than Helena Petrovna Blavatsky. She has, however, never been unveiled to the unthinking multitude; very few, even of those who have followed her and studied her intently for years, have the key to that "Closed Palace of the King."

bookoflaw276.tripod.com...

That is one theory

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The FBI's view sounds not much more than a guess. Seeing as their is no record of him bragging of the killings doesn't really prove things one way or the other. Perhaps he did, but was just ignored because he was crazy.

I think we are on a similar page about the killings stopping though, they did indeed stop once he was put away. There was a delay, but I think had the killer still been free he would have once again returned to killing. Sounds more like he got scared by a close call, dropped the scarf and tried to hold back his urges. I'm not saying its definitely him, but it is a very good indication he was there. Remember the scarf showed arterial spatter blood on it, which from my extensive dexter knowledge, suggests the scarf was there at the time of the killing. Whether he soiled on it, before/during/after will never be known for certain. Just like the FBI can only postulate that he 'would have bragged', when very little is known about his time in the hospital in high detail.

Who knows, but I think it's a rash to dismiss it straight away as this seems a very good fit, the guy was nuts. Also, he looks like a villian!
edit on 6-9-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join