It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cookie/Biscuits Hhhhhmmm.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Now then I have never baked a cookie or a biscuit and under suggestion of someone I want people to give me some recipes.
So has anyone got any great ideas?

Cookies now!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

www.foodnetwork.ca...
www.canadianliving.com...

I used to bake cookies for Christmas but I have a bad habit of eating stuff while sleeping.
Its hard to tell a buddy you made stuff for him,only to wake up with an empty wrapper that was his.

edit on 2-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I like the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on the Quaker oatmeal box. You can use any dietary substitutes and it still tastes great.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I like light and delicate cakes and biscuits rather than stodge fest, one of my favs is lavender shortbread. I buy food grade lavender by the kilo and use it in drinks, puddings and cakes, it's great for healing sore stomachs and colds, it has to be food grade though and used lightly for a mild flavour. Here is a picture of some easy lavender shortbread that I made.

article
www.foodnetwork.com...
edit on 2-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Look we invented the Biscuit to go with our cups of tea so biscuits are like your cookies.
A scone goes with cream and strawberrys...not gravy we drink that by the pint up north.

Oh and here is something funny while we are thinking about Biscuits.

lol...northern humour.
edit on 2-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I was carrying on the humour dude

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Use the basic chocolate chip recipe but throw in chopped up frozen peanut butter cups.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

Whats a peanut buttercup?.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Make some ginger bread. I'm feeling holiday ish.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Little off topic unless you can consider a S'more a cookie......

Use your graham cracker and marsh mellow but substitute a reese cup instead of the chocolate bar...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Get a bag of chocolate chips. It has a good recipe on it for cookies. Use real vanilla though, not the stuff with propylene glycol in it. Use real butter too, it makes them a lot better. Adding a little bit of coconut oil with the butter does improve the taste too. You can make a half a batch too, you do not need to make a whole batch each time. We do that often.

Cookies last a long time in a cookie jar.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Whats a peanut buttercup?.

www.joyofbaking.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How about some Chocolate Salty Balls?

Ingredients 2/3 cup salted butter 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/4 cup brandy 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 4 eggs 2 tablespoons cinnamon 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon table salt Coarse sea salt, to taste Directions In a saucepan, bring the butter, sugar and brandy to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir (with a wooden spoon) in 2 cups of chocolate chips until melted. Remember to give that spoon a lick! Cool mixture slightly. Stir in vanilla. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Gradually add the chocolate mixture and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then gradually add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Stir in any remaining chocolate chips. Spread into a greased baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. Careful not to burn your balls! Let cool just enough that it won't burn your hands. Meanwhile set up a small plate or cutting board with some of the sea salt on it. Scrape up the brownie mix, working around the edges. You don't want to use the hard edges for the balls. Begin shaping 1″ balls out of the mix, give or take in size. Roll the balls in the salt. Do this very lightly (I suggest you do NOT try to emulate the picture), a little sea salt goes a very long way. If you do happen to oversalt, just brush the excess salt crystals off. Too much salt is bad, mmmkay? You're done, put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em!

edit on 2-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The best junk food ever.
sp3.yimg.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes, you bet, start with these...

Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mecca

ETA: Baker's trick: leave the chocolate chips out of a half-dozen or so, that way you can taste what a superior base recipe you are working with. tweak from there.

: ) : )
edit on 2-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

That's truly lovely; looks and sounds like something eaten in Rivendell.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Thanks, yes it's yummy, shortbread is often good but the lavender makes it better. I googled Rivendell, looks like somewhere I might like!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I have a family recipe for homemade chocolate chip cookies that are to die for good.... but its all from scratch...

do you want the recipe?

I am planning on making them in the next day or two anyway and can give you pictures all the way through along with the step by step instructions if you would like me to do that also....
edit on 2-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join