It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chirac and Saddam in Bed Together?

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What is so bad about Humanism? Besides the fact that
Secular Humanists miss the entire reason for exhistance - nothing.
America is One nation - UNDER GOD. It's in our Pledge. It's on
our money. It's in our blood and in our souls. We don't just
put faith in humans ... we put faith in GOD. The religion of
Secular Humanism and the soul of America are NOT compatible.

America is not Europe. We don't want to be Europe.
Most of us have ancestors that left Europe because we
wanted to get away from it. Bu-Bye to Europe.


Ah so, because there is freedom of religion within Humanism it is that what you oppose? So you want a non secular society based on the laws of the Bible right? No freedom of religion, only Christianity, atheists or other religious people must be prosecuted and endure again the terrible tortures of the "Spanish inquisition". If that's your ideal society, I would prefer humanism, thank you


Blobber




posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
Ok perhaps I missed an important "fact", report or something else.
Will you be so kind to point me to those?


Already did. I told you to look at the threads from a few weeks ago.
Arafat being a homosexual pedophile rapist was discussed IN DEPTH.
Look at them here at ATS. Also - I told ya' ... google 'Arafat homosexual
pedophile'. The Russian files on him will come up ... many credible reports
of his 'activities'... It'll keep you busy for a few hours. You may want to
take very long hot shower with lots of soap afterwards ... he was a real
sicko ...



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
or, you can read ....
Next time, learn to use google yourself.

Actually I have almost read them all, and I didn't find any evidence. So if you have read them, can you please tell me what makes you so sure that France is guilty?

Blobber



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Already did. I told you to look at the threads from a few weeks ago.
Arafat being a homosexual pedophile rapist was discussed IN DEPTH.
Look at them here at ATS. Also - I told ya' ... google 'Arafat homosexual
pedophile'...


WHY SOCIALISM IS A FAILURE -
www.lls.lt...




Well you come up with the claim, then you must provide the proof. That is the same as in the court, the prosecuter which makes the claim must come up with the proof. So please provide them, else I cannot understand "your way of thinking".

Also tell me why you think socialism is bad. You have only given me a link. That's like I say to you I am an brilliant mathematician and as proof I give you only a link on the internet about mathemical theories (that doesn't mean I understand them).
Blobber

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
there is freedom of religion within Humanism ..
I would prefer humanism.


No, there is no freedom of religion within the religion of Secular Humanism.
The ACLU pushes the religion of Secular Humanism. It does not allow for
God to be worshipped or acknowledged, but it does worship humans. To
say that Secular Humanism is somehow free or has tolerance, is false.

You prefer Secular Humanism. Fine. Keep it in Europe.
It has no place in America. We aren't Europe. We don't
want to be Europe.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Next time, learn to use google yourself.

Thank you for saying that. It's not that hard to
do, is it? Use a few key words, push enter, start reading.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No, there is no freedom of religion within the religion of Secular Humanism.
The ACLU pushes the religion of Secular Humanism. It does not allow for
God to be worshipped or acknowledged, but it does worship humans. To
say that Secular Humanism is somehow free or has tolerance, is false.

You prefer Secular Humanism. Fine. Keep it in Europe.
It has no place in America. We aren't Europe. We don't
want to be Europe.


What do you mean we worship humans? Like we worship Santa Claus or something? I am wondering do you even know what secular means?

Also tell me why you think socialism is bad. You have only given me a link. That's like I say to you I am a brilliant mathematician and as proof I give you only a link on the internet about mathemical theories (that doesn't mean I understand them).

Blobber

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For all of the posts in other threads calling on the international community to not associate the American people with with their dislike for the US government, there is a lot of terminology such as "The French" going on in this thread.

hmmm? hmmm...



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This oil for food thing is such not a scandal. Sure, countries like the USA illegally traded with Saddam and made money, but certain neo-cons are trying to get Koffi back for not supporting the war, so they create outrageous charges. Then, certain segments of our population, want to be angry, what to blame someone. Since it would be "un-patriotic" to admit your own president is incompetent and corrupt, people bash the things that make them feel insecure.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
Also tell me why you think socialism is bad.
You have only given me a link.
(that doesn't mean I understand them).


I gave you the link because I COMPLETELY agree
with what it says. And YES, I DO understand
what I'm talking about. That was rather insulting
to my intelligence to say that I don't understand
what I'm talking about - how stereotypically
European ... insulting and not understanding that
America does NOT want to be European.

European socialism is a failure. European
Secular Humanism is a religion that America
doesn't subscribe to.

I have other things to do now. Bu-Bye



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I gave you the link because I COMPLETELY agree
with what it says. And YES, I DO understand
what I'm talking about. That was rather insulting
to my intelligence to say that I don't understand
what I'm talking about - how stereotypically
European ... insulting and not understanding that
America does NOT want to be European.


Oh don't worry we don't want you to be European. I am just wondering why you think that cheap health insurance, free scholarship, social security is so evil in Europe (as you have stated). Please explain by your own words.

Blobber

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
True curme. That and, as I have been pointing out as of late, certain sections seem to unify when there is something to hate. As if that is the primary source of motivation. Always needing to create enemies to facilitate slapping each other on that back and doing the Springer audience "woop woop woop" thing.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
This oil for food thing is such not a scandal.


U R right. It's not a scandal. It's a crime. It's the
biggest monitary crime in recorded history. If it is
ever fully explored and investigated it will be
utterly mind blowing.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
True curme. That and, as I have been pointing out as of late, certain sections seem to unify when there is something to hate. As if that is the primary source of motivation. Always needing to create enemies to facilitate slapping each other on that back and doing the Springer audience "woop woop woop" thing.


Cargo aye, but some people here claim they have the evidence that France acted scandalous (although they haven't provided me one yet).

Blobber

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
... European
Secular Humanism is a religion that America
doesn't subscribe to...


LOL we don't have any plans to invade the USA, don't worry. If secular humanism is a religion, then who is our God and what is our "bible", do you even have any clue?!?

Blobber



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
I am wondering do you even know what secular means?


Actually, I'm thinking YOU don't know what it means.
dianedew.com...
reformedonline.com...
The Secular Humanist has no need to worship God.
They believe humans can take care of everything. They
worship the human spirit instead of God.

Like I said, I have other things to do right now.
Read up. Bu-Bye.



[edit on 12/6/2004 by FlyersFan]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
[Actually, I'm thinking YOU don't know what it means.
reformedonline.com...
The Secular Humanist has no need to worship God.
They believe humans can take care of everything. They
worship the human spirit instead of God...


It's not a religion it's a philosophy, read about Erasmus - here from the encyclopedia of philosophy,

quote:"... The exact point in time when the term "Humanism" was first adopted is unknown. It is, however, certain that Italy and the re-adopting of Latin letters as the staple of human culture were responsible for the name of Humanists. Literoe humaniores was an expression coined in reference to the classic literature of Rome and the imitation and reproduction of its literary forms in the new learning; this was in contrast to and against the Literoe sacroe of scholasticism. In the time of Ario sto, Erasmus, and Luther's beginnings, the term umanisa was in effect an equivalent to the terms "classicist " or " classical scholar."
www.iep.utm.edu...


That is your first mistake. Your second mistake is the interpretation of "secular", the word implies that there is a separation between religion and the (state) law. You on the other hand want a non secular state (as you have mentioned), that would mean that your laws will be based on a religion - just like the Taliban had in Afghanistan which was based on the Al Quran. So in fact you too are an extremist, as a non secular society doesn't have freedom of religion (and you want a non secular society).

Furthermore, in Europe most countries are Christian (3rd mistake), even the constitution of the EU must have reference to the bible according to some parties- and to my understanding there is still debate about that.

Oh but of course you did "understand" that all, by pointing me to your link



Edit: and please next time don't insinuate things as if we Europeans want to invade the US and want to change it's "religion".


Blobber

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Blobber]



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Blobber
there is freedom of religion within Humanism ..
I would prefer humanism.


No, there is no freedom of religion within the religion of Secular Humanism.
The ACLU pushes the religion of Secular Humanism. It does not allow for
God to be worshipped or acknowledged, but it does worship humans. To
say that Secular Humanism is somehow free or has tolerance, is false.

You prefer Secular Humanism. Fine. Keep it in Europe.
It has no place in America. We aren't Europe. We don't
want to be Europe.


You do realise that the Vatican is in Europe and many people in Europe are very religious don't you? BTW Jesus was a humanitarian so it's a bit hard to be a Christian without being one yourself, i don't see humanitarians and Christians as being at odds with one another.



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trent
You do realise that the Vatican is in Europe and many people in Europe are very religious don't you? BTW Jesus was a humanitarian ..


No. People in Europe are loosing their religious life very fast.
Last stats I saw on France said that only 5% of the 'Eldest
Daughter of the Catholic Church' (France) goes to mass on
Sundays anymore.

Jesus was a humanitarian ... but he wasn't a HUMANIST.
Two different things.

'You do realise' these things ... don't you???
(sounds so rude, doesn't it?)



posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
It's not a religion it's a philosophy...
That is your first mistake. Your second mistake
Furthermore, in Europe most countries are Christian

next time don't insinuate things as if we Europeans want to invade the US and want to change it's "religion".


1 - No. Secular Humanism is no longer a philosophy. It most
definately IS a religion.

2 - No. I did not make a first or even a second mistake with this.

3 - Most countries in Europe claim to be Christian, but many no longer
practice their faiths and in fact are practicing the Religion of Secular
Humanism. France, the 'Eldest Daughter of the Catholic Church' has
a Sunday Mass attendance rate of %5. Abortion is against the faith
and yet it is rampent in France. Etc. Etc. Etc. They claim Catholic
on paper, yet their behavior is Secular Humanist.

4 - I never insinuated that Europe wants to invade America. However
since you brought it up, I am very sure that much of Europe would
indeed LOVE to change America to believe and behave as the religion
of Secular Humanism would want it to.

YOU want to be a secular humanist ... have at it. YOU want to be a
socialist ... have at it. YOU want to be European ... fine, live over there.

AMERICA doesn't want to be European. We don't want to be socialist.
We don't want the religion of Secular Humanism. AND we don't care
if Europe doesn't like it.




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join