It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Witness UFO in Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wait what?!?!?! The reporter said the local police called the military to see if they had any activity in the area. Isn't that illegal?

The military is suppose to "protect" us from foreign enemies, at least thats what I learned in grade school. Military should not be activedomestically, and although I get that its logical to ask them, but for it to be brought up in news ...I don't know, that just weird.

You know, because it would be natural for them to be there.....and since it wasn't....well you decide.

........or we might want to consider why that would be a normal situation when its unconstitutional.

Bah.

edit on 29-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How come everyone on ATS hates the police until they tell them what they want to hear?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Not much battery life is not great 88 minutes for top end micro-drones (which is too small for this) ten to fifteen mins on a large one. Gas powered can run a little longer.
edit on 29-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I saw the same thing in Conshohocken Pa, id say around 5:30am First I thought it was just a bright star, but it was changing color rapidly.. like a star would, but it was a bit bigger than that of a normal star, and was very defined. It changed between red blue and yellow.

Ill pull up google maps to see what direction I was looking.

ETA it was North - North East

It did look odd, I just thought it was a bright twinkling star or a police helicopter in the distance. Very odd. I thought about taking a video of it, but it wouldn't have shown up anyway.

edit on 30-8-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
And they didn't shoot it?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You can get a small drone, like a LotusRC, to run for almost 30 minutes with the right battery.
It would be relatively easy to hook up a string of LED's that flash and change color. Very light weight.
So drone do-able, and most likely.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I was going to say the same thing. I've been below hovering helicopters for long periods of time. Its interesting how at times you cant hear them when they're directly overhead.

With the proliferation of drones in the consumer domain, you're going to see more and more cases like this. I'm not saying this is a drone, of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
1080p cameras are ubiquitous today.

Why are the "alien" pictures are cameras made in 1992 that can't focus?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Vague video and vague description of "that THING!"

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonMystic
Vague video and vague description of "that THING!"

Thanks for your expert input.

Anyhow, I don't know if you could say it's a planet as they saw it moving before they used binoculars. They used the binoculars to get a closer look at it.
edit on 8/30/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: jtrenthacker

How long can those drones hover? I've never used one and don't know much about them.

Well it's obvious you've used a keyboard before. You
should try it out in the OP next time. That way you're
following the ATS guidelines for posting like everyone
else. And you don't have some A-hole member like myself
flamming you.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Thanks for your expert input.

Anyhow, I don't know if you could say it's a planet as they saw it moving before they used binoculars. They used the binoculars to get a closer look at it.

You're welcome, Anytime!

To save myself watching the boring video again, did I misunderstand this part in your original quote?

Doesn't seem to indicate what you just said.

An officer came by, and apparently he was also baffled by what he saw, especially after seeing the object move when he looked at it through the binoculars.

edit on 3082014 by MoonMystic because: ...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well guys and gals I stumbled across this earlier and though it's in Lebanon PA not Paxton county PA both accounts happened Monday night.

Lebanon County, Pa.-Police in Lebanon County received calls Monday night about some strange lights in the sky. But it turns out, they were part of a memorial for a young man killed in a car crash.

Family and friends lit "memory lanterns" in honor of 18-year-old D'Kota Wolf. He was riding in a car with three friends last August, when the driver lost control of the vehicle, and crashed into a utility pole. After the 150 people at the memorial set up the lanterns, authorities were called about the mystery lights. Officers eventually went out to try to determine their source.

Wolf's mother, Tammy Warner, says she was shocked to see the commotion caused by the memorial. According o Warner, the local police station was notified in advance about the memorial.

LINK

So explained???

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've watched the video several times in slow motion and am convinced whatever it is is LED lit.
What's bothering me are the flashes in the sky from .46 on the video , it's only a couple of seconds but I can't work them out.

I thought it could be lightning but the weather report for Dauphin County show Fine and dry

edit on 30-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

See my above post.....

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I saw your post , I don't think it's related to the OP video.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I grew up in the township next to Lower Paxton and saw some unexplained lights in the area many years ago. Fort Indiantown Gap Army base is nearby which provides possible logistic support if this was something being tested (the lights I saw were in that direction).

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I saw the same kind of thing in Wellington, New Zealand on wednesday night, very high up in the sky but changing from blue to red to yellow, stayed very still for 10 minutes then took off up higher. We though it was probably Mars or a satellite. The night before I saw 2 lights shoot across the sky above the harbour and then do a right angle at high speed upwards too. I'm generally pretty skeptical but I have seen a few things that cause me to think recently. Also we don't really have drones or quadrocopters or chinese lanterns in NZ. I'm sure they are around but nobody is interested in them down here.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

a reply to: jtrenthacker

How long can those drones hover? I've never used one and don't know much about them.

Well it's obvious you've used a keyboard before. You
should try it out in the OP next time. That way you're
following the ATS guidelines for posting like everyone
else. And you don't have some A-hole member like myself
flamming you.

I really don't care about your off topic comment. It's a valid question. Now beat it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I've watched the video several times in slow motion and am convinced whatever it is is LED lit.
What's bothering me are the flashes in the sky from .46 on the video , it's only a couple of seconds but I can't work them out.

I thought it could be lightning but the weather report for Dauphin County show Fine and dry

It looks like the lights are moving up and down as one dims the other gets brighter.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join