It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

From the NVIC site:

National Vaccine Information Center
Your Health. Your Family. Your Choice

Sound sinister to you?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In 100% agreement with you.

Still looking to be proved wrong though...I am always told I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

From the NVIC site:

National Vaccine Information Center
Your Health. Your Family. Your Choice

Sound sinister to you?

Sounds like a great motto. I, too, take my hat off to NVIC and all that they do for parents out there. It is a breath of fresh air on the internet to have a site like that compared to all the Doctor's blogs out there telling parents that they are murdering society by not vaccinating.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: imnotanother

I think in this case you are certainly NOT wrong. I will fall out of my chair if someone can prove there is widespread funding for the movement.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

originally posted by: imnotanother

I think in this case you are certainly NOT wrong. I will fall out of my chair if someone can prove there is widespread funding for the movement.

Yes, me too. I, and about 3 other people I know in my life, question if vaccines are as safe as they say. I am considered "crazy" and "wrong" all the time by my peers. It doesn't affect me. Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong. But I have a pretty sound mind and my thought process functions from logic and reason.

Logic and reason tell me that there isn't anyone out there shelling out money to get people to stop vaccinating. Why would they? My whole point of the OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
1. Who is funding the "movement?" There may be someone that puts money up for a video, lecture, website, flyer, poster, documentary, but I don't think it's a movement as such. No one person or group is responsible for it.
2. How are they promoting the "movement?" Grassroots, mainly internet based, but grassroots with forum posts, websites and videos etc.
3. Who is profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated? I don't think anyone is profiting but it hurts big pharma.
4. How are they profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated? They aren't.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As far as the funding goes I had seen an article a few months ago on here about that mentioned a few groups. I will try to find later.

Here is a good link that speaks a little on the topic.nikhilthegrizzlybear.blogspot.com... and a blurb from it.

At the time of publishing this paper, which has been confirmed to be fraudulent, Wakefield himself submitted a business prospectus for a new autism testing kit (of a strain of autism that he actually created) which he proposed would earn him $44 million A YEAR!

Otherwise here is a little history.

Who funds the stuff??? here is a link notice the adds.www.newswithviews.com...

In fact here is a link to a search result as you click on the links look at the authors or those being quoted I am sure you will notice the connection. They certainly want to sell something right.search
edit on 29-8-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be taking a look at the last two links you provided. The video is nothing new, it explains the whole Wakefield situation and the medical world's opinion on it.
It was a little hard to watch such an edited production but doesn't take away from the message.

I still am not finding any sort of proof that there is any other reason behind informing parents of the risks of vaccines than to simply help the family make the right decisions. I can not see anyone profiting from that.

I clearly see multiple people/business making a profit when vaccines are advertised and then given to the patient.

Broadcasting/cable networks can only continue to exist with funding via advertisements slots that are sold.
These ads are put out there by CDC, Ad Council, FDA, BigPharma, etc.

Follow the Money.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I am glad you realize you must follow the money now all you need to do to find those responsible for the anti vac movement if follow the money. There are several avenues for such. Homeopathic medicines that claim to be as effective as vaccines, those selling their books, kits, videos, litigation, etcetera..

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well, that is what the OP is about. Who is providing the money for the Anti-Vax movement? I can't find a source. I am asking the ATS community is they can show me the missing link.

Plus, Homeopathy was way before vaccines. Our society took the wrong path by not using homeopathy instead of vaccines.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Well if you looked at those links I would say a lot of it is funded by those selling books on the subject. Almost every article I pulled up on the matter was authored by someone selling their books. That isn't to say their are not coalitions that fund those things because there are a few but I would say most is funded by those standing to make a buck or two off of it.

I am not going to go in depth about homeopathy but I have read about more than enough instances where people have lost their lives due to completely ineffective remedies. I am not talking about those that once in a while don't work I mean those that have never worked for anyone but are still sold as so called alternatives.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The same people that create vaccines are also the ones profiting when you get sick.
Follow the money.

How CAN we trust them in the first place?

I don't think no one directly finances Anti-Vaccine movements, sure some people will profit from it, that's capitalizing but I doubt someone out there really makes money from people refusing vaccines.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well if you looked at those links I would say a lot of it is funded by those selling books on the subject.

You mean to say that these individuals are funding a campaign, which I am still looking where it exist (commercials, ads, etc), with their personal income?
When writing a book, they would receive royalties from the publisher for copies sold. I feel they have a right to write a book about their experience/knowledge. Is it normal behavior for one to give up their income to advertise the philosophy to not consume a product without receiving a profit from the readers action?

I think the idea is to spend money to make money. Advertise the shot. Consumer gets the shot.

I apologize if I am coming off as myopic but I am just getting over a major sickness so I might be coming off as rude.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nobody is funding antivax.

Its quite simple, too many parents have watched their healthy children become very very sick right after vaccination!

Many people observed the lies told about Dr Wakefield!

People are waking up to the lies and the damage done to their childrens health!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If only there was funding for this, unfortunately not, the anti-vaxx movement is made up of caring, intelligent, well informed people with a social conscience, also let's not forget those who have been unfortunate enough to witness vaccine damage to friends and family.

However it's well known that the pro-vaxx movement is funded to the tune of $Millions and it's easy to spot obvious paid pro-vaccine posters on this site and all around social media. It's been confirmed that Bill Gates has awarded a grant for the following

"Seth Kalichman of the www.uconn.edu... in the USA will establish an Internet-based global monitoring and rapid alert system for finding, analysing, and counteracting communication campaigns containing misinformation regarding vaccines to support global immunization efforts."

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Spot on VoidHawk!

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Nobody is funding antivax.

Its quite simple, too many parents have watched their healthy children become very very sick right after vaccination!

Many people observed the lies told about Dr Wakefield!

People are waking up to the lies and the damage done to their childrens health!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You mean to say that these individuals are funding a campaign, which I am still looking where it exist (commercials, ads, etc), with their personal income?

Well first off I am not aware of any commercials although I dropped cable years ago so I wouldn't know. As far as adds I have only seen them on sites such as natural news and such which should be a red flag right there.

As far as the etc maybe you could be a it more specific or even link what you are talking about.

Of course people should make money off of what they are selling but make no mistake they are selling you something if it is of any real worth or not is yet to be seen.

In fact if you could link the campaigns you are referring to that would make it much easier to track down their funding sources. I am not in those circle or I simply do not visit those sites so I am at a bit of a disadvantage when trying to answer questions on them.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So the answer is a clear no, nobody funds it, people post useful information out of the kindness of their hearts. If you want to find fake posters look into the pro-vaxx side, they swarm here and all around social media.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddencode
So the answer is a clear no, nobody funds it, people post useful information out of the kindness of their hearts. If you want to find fake posters look into the pro-vaxx side, they swarm here and all around social media.

They've been very quiet so far in this thread!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My own brother actually recruits pro-vaxx posters, they get paid approx $90K per annum, most get sick of the job after a year or two, especially once they realize they're part of the dark side.

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: hiddencode

They've been very quiet so far in this thread!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join