Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?
Vaccinate or not to vaccinate? It is a very emotionally (usually lacking logic/reason) charged debate here on ATS. The internet is overflowing with
information/propaganda on the topic, so much so, that you don't even know where to start researching. Being a member for a few years, and a
"lurker" for a few years before that, I have read a lot of
arguments/opinions on the topic here at ATS.
I have questioned vaccines and their effectiveness since I was a teenager:
- I received the Flu-vaccine every year before the winter months and I would become infected with influenza every year I was vaccinated.
- When I was 15 years of age, I refused to get one that year (and every year since) and I have never had the Flu since.
- My older sister was given her 2nd dosage of the DTap vaccine (circa 1983) and actually was infected with Pertussis. Told and Confirmed by her
- In 2005, I worked for the government in Afghanistan and was updated on all my vaccines. I had a reaction to the typhoid vaccine, causing me to be
ill with fever, clouded mind, and diarrhea for the 5 days I received the shot. It left me with scar tissue on my arm to this day, that my daughter
always points to and asks,"what is that?"
By 2005, I highly questioned vaccines...not because of Dr. Wakefield (never heard of him at that time) and not because of Jenny McCarthy (I knew who
she was: Singled Out, Playboy, Candies commercials...not because of her vaccine stance) but because of my own personal experience. Which made me start
looking into Vaccination history and origins.
I am providing you, the reader, with a little of my past history so you can understand that my question of, Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?
is one I have never been able to find the answer.
I am aware of foundations that provide financial support for doctors/labs to research vaccines: Dwoskin
, National Vaccine Information Center
, and The Katlyn Fox
. There are probably many others, as well. But that is not the answer I am looking for.
Everyday I see advertisements for Vaccinations via TV, billboard, radio, magazine/newspaper ad, doctor endorsement, etc. Usually, it is clearly
stated on the ad who paid for the advertisement. There is not much of a mystery. Ad Council, CDC, etc. invested money so these products would be
marketed to the consumer.
I have NEVER
seen any ad marketing parents not to vaccinate their children. Now, I admit that I live in the country of Indiana and I am not
subjected to a lot of ads like a city's population may be...so if there are these ads out there, please post a picture, video, link, news article, or
whatever it may be. I would like to see who funded it.
So to make this thread a discussion, here are some questions I am hung up on:
1. Who is funding the "movement?"
2. How are they promoting the "movement?"
3. Who is profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?
4. How are they profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?
Note: Even though I know this is an impossible request on this site: Can we please try to keep this thread's discussion within the
4-5 questions asked and not to attack other member's stances. Only looking for logical and truthful facts to these questions.