It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Something strange going on at a Massachusetts middle school concerning some of those "unaccompanied children" sent there.

The Mayor of Lynn, Mass says at least one "student" is possibly 35 years old !!

Others seem to have graying hair too !!

Hmmm. Wonder who made the initial "assessments and decisions" in these cases?

Apparently the schools are not "allowed" to "ask" for age verification either !!

Somethings odd is going on I would say.

The mayor of Lynn, Mass. says that some of the illegal aliens from Guatemala who are enrolled in her city’s public schools are adults with graying hair and “more wrinkles than I have.”

“They are not all children,” Judith Flanagan Kennedy told reporters at a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.

“One of the things that we did notice when we were processing some of these students coming in was that they were adults,” she said.

Mayor: Adult Illegal Aliens With 'Graying' Hair Enrolled in Public Schools

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

so it is true....it is never too late to get an education....
...either that or they are looking for a cheap lunch...

+41 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

They aren't allowed to ask age? HAVE WE ALL GONE INSANE?

So, theoretically speaking, I am now supposed to send my 9 year old girl to public school in MA and she gets to sit in a class that's half full of non-English speaking adults, who haven't been vetted in any way so God only knows if they are child molesters or abusers?

Wait, wait, wait, that can't be right! EVEN PARENTS have to present ID and all to get access to school grounds - at least in my experience - but we'll let these potential criminals who have NO RIGHT NO REASON to be there, go there with no freaking ID?

Folks, my head has exploded. Steam is coming out my ears.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
muchos beneficios en Maryland

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well at least this wave of immigrants is learning English.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've had silver hairs since I was 17. I went to school with a boy completely white haired. I had many more friends in life with similar issues.

That being said this is not new or exclusive to illegals.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I've had silver hairs since I was 17. I went to school with a boy completely white haired. I had many more friends in life with similar issues.

That being said this is not new or exclusive to illegals.

Did you have wrinkles too?

Like some cited in the article.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You know what? I'm not even going to complain about this. Nope... I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the fact that I need a photo ID to get past the front door at my daughter's high school or to pick her up early. I'm going to shut up about how this is done to keep out child predators, kidnappers, murderers, etc. I will not say that the parents of the children that attend these schools should get together and pull all of their children out until this issue is resolved.

I'm going to show restraint and cozy up to the idea of these Benjamin Button's joining in on preschool nap times and field trips to the local museums.

I'm going to take the PC route because I have finally realized that to express concern and appear non compliant with the PC crowd is too risky. Appearing compliant is more important than my daughter's safety, the safety of these other children, and the safety of anyone involved in this whole charade.

I'm taking the Stepford route, because that's the only acceptable one to have these days apparently.

EMBRACE THESE BENJAMIN BUTTONS! You have no idea how offensive it is to ask a child why they are registering for the 4th grade when they look like Andre The Giant you heartless bastitches...

a reply to: Ameilia

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

edit on 8/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

“For example, if a student does not show up for a few days of classes, we will send our truant officers out to find out what’s going on at that home,” Kennedy explained.

“One example: the woman who answered [the] door said, ‘He’s 35 years old -- he’s not going to show up at school....But we cannot, per DOJ guidelines, we cannot ask them for any more verification of age,” Kennedy said.

Wanna bet as the court dates come up, the truancy rate soars too?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Is there any actual proof for this. The article was full of people saying what amounts to, we think, over and over. The only thing that amounts to proof is a truant officer knocking on someones door and someone inside saying the person they are looking for is 35. The student could have the same name as his dad. Or the wrong address could of been given. Or it could just be a lie. Not saying this is not true. If it is true. It is wrong and crazy. Its just there is no real proof at all.

edit on 29-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Why would the Mayor lie?

Think of the credibility issues.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Is there any actual proof for this. The article was full of people saying we think over and over. The only thing that amounts to proof is a truant officer knocking on someones door and someone inside saying the person they are looking for is 35. The student could have the same name as his dad. Or the wrong address could of been given. Or it could just be a lie. Not saying this is not true. If it is true. It is wrong and crazy. Its just there is no real proof at all.

How can there be proof?? From the article it states that they are not allowed to ask for verification of age.

She added that the federal government will not allow school officials to verify their ages, even though one of the students turned out to be 35 years old.

We have no ability to confront a student directly and demand an accurate age,” Kennedy said. “Every once in a while, we’ll be able to determine that someone is well above the age at which they would be entitled to an education in the Lynn Public Schools.

edit on 8/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Mayors say dumb stuff all the time that turn out to be lies. Just look at any campaign ad from any political race ever, thats run by their opponent.

Exactly how can we know if it is true or not. If no age can be verified. We can not. How do we know the federal government does not let them check students ages. I have never seen that in any school ever. There has to be paperwork from the government saying this for liability reasons. People act like things like this do not get dis-proven all the time. Especially on a hot button issue like immigration. I see some of the people in this thread, trash news stories like this that they disagree with, for not having any verifiable proof. Well this does not either. I am a big believer of people staying consistent.

I do not know if it is true or not but too many people on this site have double standards. If it does come out as true. I will be the first to say how wrong it is. And how stupid it is of the government to not verify ages.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Given the Government's and the Administration's credibility as far as lies go, I would give the Mayor a 95% credible rating.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ok....I see now. You just want to believe it because your anti Obama and anti illegal Immigration. Well so am I and I am half Mexican. My parent thats Mexican was born here. And the grand parents came over legally. I am 100 percent against illegal immigration. I still want to see proof of any news story before I believe it. If this comes out as false. It only hurts more than helps. But carry on. I will come back in and condemn the stupidity of letting adults into childrens schools. When there is actual proof.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Anything for a vote. A vote that furthers the goals of tyranny.
Some still will not get the message.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
All the public school districts where I've ever lived offered adult education. They sponsor GED programs, English as a second language classes, citizenship classes, how to balance a checkbook, how to fill out resumes, etc., etc., etc.,

Sounds like maybe the mayor needs to take a class.

edit on 29-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

All the public school districts where I've ever lived offered adult education.

In middle school ?????

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In middle school ?????

Yeah, in middle school buildings, classrooms, libraries and cafeterias!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: xuenchen

In middle school ?????

Yeah, in middle school buildings, classrooms, libraries and cafeterias!

Great !!!

Can we prove this is the case in Lynn, Mass ??

I think this situation is mixing these adults in with grade schoolers.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join