It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
hello all

the NRA. How is it that these gun-totting maniacs have so many members and so much influence? Is gun culture really that ingrained into american society that so many people are listening? and what about Michael Moore's implying that the NRA is merely a legal front for the Klu Klux Klan? discuss, gentle people!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
hello all

the NRA. How is it that these gun-totting maniacs have so many members and so much influence?

I know dozens of NRA members and none are "gun totting manics"

Is gun culture really that ingrained into american society that so many people are listening?

It is so ingrained that Ownership is guarantied by the "Gun Totting Manics" also know as the Founding Fathers

and what about Michael Moore's implying that the NRA is merely a legal front for the Klu Klux Klan? discuss, gentle people!

I havent heard this before but I find it hilarious, just another MM line of BS.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No one is more vigilant in terms of the Second Amendment that the NRA. I am a Benefactor Member and I have been a Golden Eagle for several years running.

I would recommend NRA membership to anyone who reveres the Constitution, for the Second Amendment is the Amendment by which all our other rights are guaranteed. Why do you think the left has been after the Second Amendment so vociferously for so long?

I believe in freedom and I would gladly ventilate the brain-housing group of anyone who intends to deprive me of my God-given rights but, until such extreme action is required, a membership in the NRA is the best and least expensive way to preserve liberty for all Americans, whether they deserve it or not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.nra.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just because you believe you have the right to carry arms, you're a gun toting maniac?
More people need to be holding onto their rights like this!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
No one is more vigilant in terms of the Second Amendment that the NRA. I am a Benefactor Member and I have been a Golden Eagle for several years running....

....a membership in the NRA is the best and least expensive way to preserve liberty for all Americans....

What!?! The NRA is a gun control agency! How many times have we seen the NRA compromise our rights? The NRA is for "reasonable gun control," a platform just as dangerous as all out gun ban as they both lead to the same thing. If the NRA wants to support the 2nd, it needs to begin trying to abolish the 20,000 gun laws on the books in the US instead of trying to get "the laws we already have enforced."

The media wants you to think the NRA is an un-compromising group of extremists because the NRA is so willing to sell us out.

Here are some real defenders of the 2nd

Gun Owners of America
(these guys are the best group of gun-rights defenders I know of)

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership (these guys remember what can happen when you give up your arms to the government)

Libertarian Party
(freedoms last stronghold)

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
The NRA is a gun control agency! How many times have we seen the NRA compromise our rights?

You beat me to it, this was going to be my next post.

The NRA is not trusted by the REAL gun totting manics, people like me and Cavscout. It is more of a arm of the Republican party than the KKK.

To me "reasonable gun control" means making sure EVERYONE has one. When I was a kid you could by guns by mail and didnt have to show ANY ID. I bought my first one at 12 I think , and didnt even sign anything or have my parents with me. We used to bring them to school so we could go shooting afterwards.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I used to think we didn't need guns openly sold like cheese, in our country.

I was thinking about the crime rate and the ease of gang violence.

Now, I'm afraid we have to be able to protect ourselves in case we are unable to keep the terrorists, or the Patriot act from infringing on our saftey in our homes.

Not all NRA members are extremists, they are the ones you see making news.

I saw an interview with Mr. Heston saying he was always a Democrat, and he took that job for the NRA as spokesperson as an acting job.

They wanted him to hold a rifle like the staff he held in "The Ten Commandments"

His wife was sitting right there with him, and was confirming what he said.

I think it was on "60 Minutes".

top topics

join