It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Nails It on Ferguson, Race and Media

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

We have a black president and half the country lost their minds over it.

No, we did not lose our mind because our president is black, we lost our minds because our president is the village idiot missing from Kenya and has sold us out to the lowest bidder!! We lost our minds because Obama abuses his power every chance he gets, lies to us consistently and is incapable of excepting any responsibility for the stupid mistakes he has made....

He has done more to hurt race relations in this country since before the Civil Rights movement...He thrives on Division and NOT Unity!!........He appointed the most racist Attorney General, Eric Holder this country has ever seen.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

No, we did not lose our mind because our president is black, we lost our minds because our president is the village idiot missing from Kenya

Does that mean you don't believe the President is a legitimate American? Why should his heritage be an issue, if not for his race?

Do you think that Romney would NOT have sold us out to China?

edit on 28-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I like the Daily show though I haven't watched in a while in fact I haven't watched much of anything in a while.

As far as saying he nailed well I disagree. I think he got a lot right but he got some wrong as well. Things have been shaping up as far as the case is concerned to where there is a very high probability that the cop was in he right to shoot. I think people should protest but this was the wrong instance to protest. I don't think he should be trying to justify these protests and if he was fair he would have pointed out how the looting did nothing but hurt their cause.

There are several shootings that should be protested I have seen several reports just in the last week or so that are worthy one of which is on camera. Near the end of that segment I would completely agree with john but IMO for him to support this protest is just ignoring the facts. As far as the police response well if that was being protested then OK but people are still claiming it was a bad shooting. I don't know for certain if it was good or bad and I can't see how anyone else could either that wasn't directly involved.

Just my 2 cent.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Divide and conquer. Wonderful job. Now if only people would wake up and realize regardless of what race a person is....they're still oppressed as much as you. Taxed, enslaved by debt, brainwashed by the media, told who to hate, who to disagree with.

No one is your enemy. They want you to think that. If only people would unite real change would happen and not partisan/polarize bull.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Meanwhile, a white guy is told a restaurant isn't a safe place for whites and then is beaten by a mob of 20 black people. But that is not a hate crime, nor is it racist.

But a white cop shooting a black person who was assaulting him is racist. And you wonder why people are sick of this crap??

I can't believe anyone listens to Stewart, he's as bad as any news pundit.

I'm sure it doesn't fit your world view. Neither will this; Authoritarian racism is 10x worse and not equivalent to the oppressed hating their oppressors. Prisoners always hate the guards. It has nothing to do with race. Reverse racism is a ruse made up by Faux News. Guards don't give a damn that the prisoners hate them because the are the subordinates. get it?

So black people hating white people, even killing them, isn't a big deal, and isn't racist? Lol.

I didn't want my comment to be on 'that side,' since there is clearly some certain racial bias in law enforcement, and I liked a good bit of the Jon Stewart clip, but your comment was so off the charts ridiculous that I had to comment.
edit on 28-8-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Divide and conquer. Wonderful job. Now if only people would wake up and realize regardless of what race a person is....they're still oppressed as much as you. Taxed, enslaved by debt, brainwashed by the media, told who to hate, who to disagree with.

No one is your enemy. They want you to think that. If only people would unite real change would happen and not partisan/polarize bull.

People are just people. You are exactly right! With the exception of those who are obsessed with money, power and control, all most people want is the chance to have a family, a home, food on the table and a bit of peace of mind. Once a person realizes that, all strangers become a possible friend until they prove otherwise.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

S+F. Reading through every single comment; it's quite clear there are plenty of fair minded individuals (to my relief) in the States and also quite a lot of bigots and racist as well. The sad thing is that this is still an issue in 2014 in a first world nation and that conversations like this still take place is alarming.

I really feel for my American friends.

I encourage you all to travel the world to visit other first world nations, to see first hand how most people live as a society compared to the U.S. Sure one can find reports online to show that other first world countries have issues as well, but it is not as prevalent and nowhere even closely the same.

As a Canadian, I have spent a lot of time in the States, and there is much good there. But, there are things I have witnessed that truly live up to the phrase Only in America. One instance; myself and a friend were lost in a neighbourhood in Denver. As we kept driving around looking for the street, we began to notice more and more people coming out of their homes and staring at us with their arms folded; ready for war. That is when it dawned us that we were in trouble. I have been lost travelling in other first world nations and never experienced that kind of behaviour. Most people assume you are lost and will help you. In America they think you are up to something. I'm not saying this happens everywhere in America, but what I am saying is: it only happens in America.

There is something really strange and very dysfunctional going on in that nation (just read through the comments that reflect thought processes in this thread). The crazy thing is, many Americans I have personally encountered believe it's happening everywhere globally in other first world nations. They think these issues are normal for all first world nations.

It's like drinking unfiltered water your entire life not realizing that filtered water actually taste better or in fact even exist.

* I find solace knowing that most Americans are very kindhearted and intelligent. But with a nation of over 300 million, you have quite a few dummies. And unfortunately many of them are calling the shots.

ETA: This is a bit off topic, but it reflects the whole idea of Only in America. WTF is going on down there? Like really....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-8-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Well said, Sir.

There is an instutional Panglossianism in the US which allows for no real debate, no real comparison with other countries.

So, it has infant mortality rates, homicide rates and poverty rates that would shame most first world countries...but it has nothing to learn from other countries.

It has a deeply divided us-and-them society which is always the fault of the other...but still it still crows about being One Nation Under God.

Give me the relatively calm, safe and integrated UK any day.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If you're toalking about the Ferguson shooting, the white cop wasn't touched at all by the dead kid. If he was, you better beive his bloodied face would be plastered all over FOX'NEWS' 24/7. But maybe you're talking about some other shooting?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow. I just watched that video. That was so spot on and brilliant! Wow. Amazing. He nailed it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

We have a black president and half the country lost their minds over it.

No, we did not lose our mind because our president is black, we lost our minds because our president is the village idiot missing from Kenya and has sold us out to the lowest bidder!! We lost our minds because Obama abuses his power every chance he gets, lies to us consistently and is incapable of excepting any responsibility for the stupid mistakes he has made....

He has done more to hurt race relations in this country since before the Civil Rights movement...He thrives on Division and NOT Unity!!........He appointed the most racist Attorney General, Eric Holder this country has ever seen.....

Not sure I agree with you. I think Obama has done a lot wrong and I'm not agreeing with many of his policies but he hasn't sold this country out, he's no dumber then anyone in congress, He hasn't hurt race relations, he doesn't thrive on division and he doesn't abuse his power every chance he gets.

If you really look at the last few presidents. Bush jr, Bush sr, Clinton, Reagon, Ford, Carter, Nixon...You'll see that Obama is just middle of the road...nothing special, nothing bad...he's just average.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Just a little racism bubbling to the surface there with the Kenya remark. Shame on you.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74Jon is masterful in the way he roasts FOX commentators. He wins every time with his ability to attack with blistering effect that leaves them embarrassed and humble. Neither O'Reilly or Hannity can handle the pressure in attempting to match wits with Jon. They lose before it even starts. It's hilarious watching them scrambling to find dignity within themselves. Also, they refrain using their usual tactics in the game of "Big Me...Little You." Great videos on youtube detailing frame by frame mind control strategy with their captive guests is a hoot. O'Reilly often uses it to usher in his hateful tirades and rage in a attempt to convince the victim, and audience, the need to tread carefully when they exit the building...lol. What a blowhard!....lol. Playing their little games with Jon is a gamble and they avoid it for they fear stepping into that trap could lead to emotional scars and a lengthly period of time rebuilding whats left of their egos.
They might as well drop to their knees and bow to the floor scramming "I'M NOT WORTHY!...I'M NOT WORTHY!"

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I totally agree with your view. However, we have to support welfare recipients where you have to support your Queen. Personally, i think we have the advantage within the two.
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh, show me again where this innocent White Veteran was some kind of 'guard' of black 'prisoners'. Trying to murder random innocent White People is not the same as attacking even White Cops or government agents.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertyPD32
Stewart is a fool. Liberal propaganda at its finest.a reply to: Kali74

Please send me a personal invitation the next time you decide to debate Stewart's "foolishness" with the man himself. Oh the many mops they would need to wipe up the liquified contents of your grey matter.

Speaking as an Australian, John Stewart appears to be one of the clearest voices of reason coming out of your country. The day he retires, you will have lost a great deal indeed. An excellent excerpt.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nice comparison of Apples to Oranges. You see, you conveniently forget to mention that the Bundy Ranch militias flocked there because the BLM decided to send in Snipers, Armored Cars and Contractors in Helicopters to round up cattle and extort millions of dollars from an honest rancher they are trying to force out of business.

Michael Brown was a thug who beat a cop and was shot in self defense. And people started rioting BEFORE the huge police presence, the police with armored cars came in response.

Also, I see how you conveniently neglected to mention the response by the civilians in these cases. The Bundy ranch militias didn't rob and loot and burn down innocent peoples' local businesses in the "name" of justice. They were forming a human shield around Bundy.

Also recall no shots were fired during the entire Bundy Ranch standoff, Police were fired upon multiple times during the riots in Ferguson. Bundy ranch supporters proved far less violent than these thugs running around Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm sure you think you've proven some sort of point using the same tired statistic that every right-wing race baiting Internet poster in the world drags out to prove the criminality of the black community. You're interpretation of statistics is clearly one of a superior and well-informed intellect.

You're right, I HAVE proved my point. 14.6% of the population are responsible for nearly 38% of all homicides. Go ahead and try to refute that. Or are you saying that Eric Holder is a self-hating racist and twisting the demographic stats?

Aside from the fact that statistics are quite imperfect considering that roughly a 1/3 of the race is identified as "unknown," your math skills leave much to be desired. If we changed the number in the black column to 0, that would have leave 9050 murders. The US population in 2012 was about 312.8 million. That's a murder rate of 2.89 per 100,000 people as opposed to one of 4.66 per 100,000.

You're a liar and an imbecile. For those that didn't click the FBI link:

White - 31.4% = 223,553,265
Black - 37.9% = 38,929,319
Other - 1.6%
Unknown -29.0%

So apparently I'm a racist and a bigot for stating the OBVIOUS?

Notice that the US is 4.7 (4.66 rounded to the tenth) and the change with 0 in the black column would yield 2.89 (round that to 2.9) and that puts us far ahead of Germany (0.8, the UK (1.0), France (1.0), Australia (1.1), Canada (1.6), etc. In fact if you remove all other races and just compare the murder rate of White Americans to the rest of the world, you're wrong as that would be 2.18 per 100,000 or 2.2.

I love how you gloss over the fact that less than 5% of 14.6% comprise over half of known homicide perpetrators.

How about we try to get statistics that link murder rates and socioeconomic standing? Then we might get somewhere.

YAY! EXCUSES!

Since we're busy handing out free passes to murder, due to socioeconomic status, I assume you're cool if po' white folk start making up for lost ground? It also goes without saying that you' ll be vehemently defending them if they begin committing murder at the same rate?
edit on 29-8-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Bill O-reilly exposes the real truth every single week and night about liberal culture and how much they lie and spin stuff for politics.Fact remians Chicago one of the worst black on black crime rates in America.Nothing is ever done or made into a giant media frenzy to ever demand to stop it.Well looks like O'reailly is winning again when He forces liberals to come out and expose the facts that Chicago still remains one of the worst crime rates of black on black violence in America.The meetings in Chicago have not solved anything or stopped the black on black crime.Simple as that because it gets politcal.Same garbage why America cannot win wars anymore.Rotten corporations and rotten corrupt media and corrupt politics that is ruining the nation.

Bill O'reilly exposes it every single week.Fox does spin to the right and mostly all the rest of the media spins to the left.Why we cannot get anywhere with wars and the black on black violence and Bill O'reilly proves it weekly and monthly.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nice comparison of Apples to Oranges. You see, you conveniently forget to mention that the Bundy Ranch militias flocked there because the BLM decided to send in Snipers, Armored Cars and Contractors in Helicopters to round up cattle and extort millions of dollars from an honest rancher they are trying to force out of business.

Michael Brown was a thug who beat a cop and was shot in self defense. And people started rioting BEFORE the huge police presence, the police with armored cars came in response.

Also, I see how you conveniently neglected to mention the response by the civilians in these cases. The Bundy ranch militias didn't rob and loot and burn down innocent peoples' local businesses in the "name" of justice. They were forming a human shield around Bundy.

Also recall no shots were fired during the entire Bundy Ranch standoff, Police were fired upon multiple times during the riots in Ferguson. Bundy ranch supporters proved far less violent than these thugs running around Ferguson.

Not to mention that a black man came down for free to defend Bundy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join