It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Nails It on Ferguson, Race and Media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

I know how blacks feel in the US..because I go through it here in Canada.

That is all I needed to know.

I can tell you from first hand experience that Native people are very much persecuted by Canadian police forces.....not that you give a crap.........

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Jon Stewart is a great comedian who's purpose is to make you laugh and to think about things. It's sad that we seem to get more honesty out of a comedy show than we do real news.

Of course, some people cannot look past their political allegiances to have a simple laugh. That's sad as well.

We should not take ourselves so seriously that we cannot take a healthy dose of reality and chuckle it up at the same time.
edit on 8/27/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well said!

Sometimes a good laugh is necessary to bring things back into perspective. I'm not sure who originally said it, but humor is at its best when there is a connection to reality.

I'm always open to the possibility that a given subject can be looked at from an angle different than mine. None of us should ever forget that we're the only one in the room that can't see the back of our head...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Im baffled that in this day an age with all the information we have that white people can still think that everyone has equal rights and possibilities.
edit on 27-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Racism is real. A lot of white people are racist in some way. But, a lot of black people are racist as well.

The difference is.

Every time there is black on white crime, the world doesn't stop turning to talk about it. So, the fact that the world stops turning every time there is white on black crime is in and of itself racist.

And John Stewart is a half-truth telling, and often times flat out wrong clown just like any other biased news reporter.

I am a conservative who believes that the climate is changing.
edit on 27-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My point exactly smithjustinb. Black people kill white people everyday, they kill eachother too. Same with whites who kill other races along with their own. And other races too.

No one flips out unless a white person kills a black person. Doesn't happen all the time but it's very noticeable. Also the problem that many go out of their way to point out the trouble caused by other races but forget their own are just as human. Happens allover the world. It's a shame.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Meanwhile, a white guy is told a restaurant isn't a safe place for whites and then is beaten by a mob of 20 black people. But that is not a hate crime, nor is it racist.

But a white cop shooting a black person who was assaulting him is racist. And you wonder why people are sick of this crap??

I can't believe anyone listens to Stewart, he's as bad as any news pundit.

I'm sure it doesn't fit your world view. Neither will this; Authoritarian racism is 10x worse and not equivalent to the oppressed hating their oppressors. Prisoners always hate the guards. It has nothing to do with race. Reverse racism is a ruse made up by Faux News. Guards don't give a damn that the prisoners hate them because the are the subordinates. get it?

Tell you what... if you're caucasian, why don't you travel on down to South Africa or Zimbabwe and see what racism is really like. You know, places where "Affirmative Action" means suppressing the minority. You might want to get those blinders you have on loosened up a bit, they're too tight.

BTW, prisoners don't ALWAYS hate their guards, you ever hear of Stockholm Syndrome?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Sadly many of those places would prove there's just as much black on white violence as white on black.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Sadly many of those places would prove there's just as much black on white violence as white on black.

Actually, there is considerably more black on white violence and even more black on black violence. But it is a corrupt and self supporting system where the laws are changed to favor the corrupt and promote black on white hate crimes plus xenophobia. Oh wait, that's here too, go figure? Gotta keep the peons fighting so the peons don't realize just how badly they are being screwed.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

I know how blacks feel in the US..because I go through it here in Canada.

That is all I needed to know.

I can tell you from first hand experience that Native people are very much persecuted by Canadian police forces.....not that you give a crap.........

indeed. I used to live in Winnipeg. Manitoba has a very high percentage of native inhabitants. There is a lot of similarity between natives in Canada and Blacks in America in terms of treatment by both whites and the establishment. In fact, I think maybe it might be a little worse for the natives in Canada as the racism is pretty intense. There are a lot of whites who don't even bother to hide their racism and will go toe to toe with you belligerently about why their racism is "justified". In America most people know to keep it to themselves unless they know they're among other ignorant individuals.
edit on 8/28/14 by Malynn because: spellinz

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
or how about the killing of a white kid by a black cop www.inquisitr.com...

Where is Sharpton and the rest in this story?

they are not.

Because they are racist and what to keep America divided not unite. this is all part of the hierarchal Govt style of governance to control the people. this is the same style of Govt we had under the English Monarchy.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Again lots of posts in this thread since I last checked it that make what Stewart said on this topic extremely accurate. I see a lot of people talking about black on black crime and black on white crime...

Black on black crime is something black communities across America are very much trying to deal with many of these communities have tried to work with law enforcement only to come to realize that the cops usually have no intention of dealing with serious criminals or gangs or drugs. And if people want to try to use logic for minute and think about what they saw with APC's rolling through quiet neighborhoods launching flash bangs, tear gas, smoke bombs, sound weapons, rubber bullets, wooden pellets all from the safety of their riot shields and armored vehicles, but they can't make a dent in gangs? That's a screaming neon sign that leaving the gangs is intentional. This is a symptom of institutionalized racism.

It seems the justice system would prefer to continue to make black communities the examples of why they need all of those cool toys and then on top of that, would rather milk them (the town of Ferguson receives 1/3 of it's budget from fines paid but it's not the only example of such), than clean them up. Another symptom of institutionalized racism.

Black on white crime... the leading cause of innocent black men in prison. A thugs a thug, right?

Ferguson is about bad cops, it's about the disproportionate use of excessive force and harassment against black communities, while simultaneously doing nothing about serious crime. You can try to divert away from it all you want to. You can throw your temper tantrums because Salt Lake City didn't turn into Ferguson but I think now is exactly the right time to say F**k authority, not kneel down to it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nails what? Perpetuating the cycle of white guilt? They've been hammering that nail for a very long time now.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think the focus on race is exactly what TPTB want. If they have whites and black arguing with each other over incidents like Micheal Brown, then that distracts from the issue of police brutality and an impending police state.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

And I could care less about Canadian's and their problems.

I care even less about Canadian's opinions of problems in the US, where they try to relate their problems to the lives of people in another country.

So, yeah, I don't care about the problems of the "native" people of Canada. Not my country....not my problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Im baffled that in this day an age with all the information we have that white people can still think that everyone has equal rights and possibilities.

Tell me again, who is President of the United States of America?

The sad truth is that racism is a crutch for many people to put all of their baggage into one huge basket, label it as something else, and blame everyone else for it. That's the truth.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Catacomb

Tell me again, who is President of the United States of America?

That's what the Supreme Court said. And then they allowed the states to gut voting rights, free of oversight. And, who are the states targeting in that effort? BLACKS AND HISPANICS!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I Love Jon Stewart. He just nails it on the head when it really counts. He does what the the supposed journalists won't or can't do.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Morgan Freeman had it better. Sure Stewart may be funny, but his is at a slant. Freeman has it point blank, this is it sort of way.

Simply put, try any one, or better yet all of these:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

promoting

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

I never understood why people say he is bias or has a "slant". He attacks all sides. One of the reason he goes after Fox so much is because they are the biggest joke around. Watching fox is like watching the Onion....except people actually believe their propaganda.

Some people just seem to be so gung ho for one side or the other that they can't take any criticism whatsoever.
edit on 8/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join