It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

well I am so glad that I am in Ireland and that the children here don't have to do 'gun safety courses' in school, because there is absolutely no need for them here, I can't actually remember ever seeing it reported on the news here that a child had shot someone/themselves. but it seems unfathomably becoming more and more common in America.

so yeah, i'll pass on the gun safety courses, no need.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
And on those notes, I said I was bowing out of this thread.
Somehow, I always find myself being allowed to be dragged back into these arguments.

I feel for the girl. Sad, truly.

*hits "post"....walks away without reading further into the thread or any of the replies....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
What a shocking and tragic situation, I mean who could ever imagine that giving a 9 year old an automatic weapon could result in someone getting killed

Any country where its possible for a child to handle let alone fire an Uzi needs to have a long hard look at itself

You mean every country in the entire world?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I always wondered why many countries get by just fine without the "right to bare arms" But America cant/wont?

Surely if it saves one life it'd be worth it?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: NavyDoc

Not powerfull because of round size are you having a laugh what about rounds per min or the fact its a 9 year old.

Easist way to have gun contol over the pond give would be owners an IQ test 99% would probably fail if they had to reach 100.

If common sense were made of gun powder a lot would struggle to fill a round !

Is English not your first language? That post is unintelligible.

I was not "having a laugh," but attempting to explain it to the obviously uninformed.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
I always wondered why many countries get by just fine without the "right to bare arms" But America cant/wont?

Ah, the "if it saves one life" argument. So, if it saved one life to deprive you of another civil liberty, such as requiring a warrant to search your home, would you be okay for that.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

Other countries don't have two giant, porous borders on their north and south sides and two LOOOOONG coasts that are hard to patrol. Ridding this country of guns even if the government made them illegal would be laughable. Not to mention it would just make criminals out of law abiding citizens. It certainly wouldn't deter the already existing criminals.

Government bans, no matter what the thing is (drugs, guns, gambling, etc) NEVER works. All they do is just create more crime, sends all market transactions underground (depriving the country of sales taxes and regulations) and just creates a giant money hole that we constantly drop money down with no results. Anyone who thinks that a ban is a good idea needs to be hit in the head with a brick.

With a gun ban, you might as well just GIVE the country to the cartels. Because just like in Mexico, the citizens wouldn't have the means to keep them out of their towns and they would slowly creep in and take over with MASSIVE corruption, violence, and intimidation.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well here You have to be aged 16 or over before you can apply for a firearms certificate.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Apparently you missed my point. How is any of that going to stop me from handing a child an uzi so they can fire it? Most states have age minimums before you can own and operate firearms, but that didn't stop literally EVERY boy I knew while I lived in Mississippi from going hunting on a regular basis. I was in 6th grade then.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Oh you're gonna catch hell from ATS's pro gun forum gang for daring to speak any ill of their precious firearms.

Personally, I don't know why one would hand a fully automatic weapon to a young child.

Seems to me like pretty irresponsible behavior.

Give me an effing break dude, really. You think pro gunners are ok with this, what the hell is wrong with you.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I live across the pond mate OUR language is the one you use if I could use CRAYONS on here to make it EASIER for YOU to understand I would.

Power is relative that is the point to what I said seems fairly simple . Round size is not the issue is it what that gun is capable of compared to a 9 year old is the crux of the matter.

Now may I refer you back to the last part of my post

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Giving a 9 year old girl an Uzi. Lol 'Murica.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

At a shooting range called Bullets and Burgers no less, I hate stereotypes but thats just asking for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I live across the pond mate OUR language is the one you use if I could use CRAYONS on here to make it EASIER for YOU to understand I would.

Power is relative that is the point to what I said seems fairly simple . Round size is not the issue is it what that gun is capable of compared to a 9 year old is the crux of the matter.

Now may I refer you back to the last part of my post

I've spent quite a bit of time in the United Kingdom and those who live there still use punctuation and full sentences. The Queen's English still has rules to make it intelligible even, "across the pond."

You are wrong, no one has laughed about this. Everyone, including the gun owners in this thread have called this out as an irresponsible act that ended as could be predicted.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Maltese5Rhino

If the bullets dont get you the burgers will !

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wow, first of all, I feel so sorry for that little girl. I hope they get her into some type of counseling right away.
Second, I will agree that at 9, this wasn't a good idea, and obviously that instructor wasn't thinking.

But geez, some of you.....

As far as why any child should need to learn? Well, in my case, I was shooting the 22 at 9. My dad wanted us to respect guns, and what they could do. All of us girls could shoot. We lived in the country. We had chickens and other livestock to protect.
And the first time I shot a critter, I cried. And my dad had a long talk with us about why I was upset, the ways of animals, respect of the gun, and death.
So yeah, there is a reason to teach kids. It can be a valuable life lesson, regarding life. I'm just thankful I had such a responsible teacher.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Still avoiding the issue of the gun relative to the user then with regards to the power statement used by the media.

That's why I said are you having a laugh.

From moblie!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

NO.

NOT LOL.

NOT "Murica".

This is sad and pathetically dumb.

This incident actually has really angered me, and seeing you all you guys in the UK with your smug-ass opinions just irritates me more.

First of all, before you sling feces 7000miles, how bout you look a lil closer to home, & stop your homegrown terrorists beheading your soldiers in your own streets???!???

Yea, LEE RIGBY. That name ring a f*kin bell???? There's another incident that pissed me off to no end.

I mean honestly, when did the UK become a bunch of sniveling p*ssies????

What happened to the stiff upper lip? The nation that sustained Hitlers onslaught and then chucked it back at him before the Yanks even arrived??? My grandfather was a pretty tough sonofabitch and was born in Glasgow. Does the UK still make real men??

I mean do you guys honestly have so little faith in your own countrymens ability to be RESPONSIBLE HUMANS, that you just want to hand all authority over to the nanny state??? The oh so trustworthy UK government right??? Well let me know how that's working out for you all right now with your culture swirling around the bottom of the PC toilet bowl just about to be flushed and replaced with a big turd of SHARIA LAW enforced by vigilantes on the street....

There's a balance folks, you guys put too much faith in your gov't, and we Yanks put a little too much faith in the average idiot (who by the way has become exponentially more IDIOTIC in the last decade or so since personal responsibility hopped on a spaceship and left at Mach3000)

Lets get something 100% straight. The so called "INSTRUCTOR" in this video is a 1st class absolute MORON, well he was....

I watched the original video (cuts off before he gets shot) and he had this tiny girl fire ONE SINGLE SHOT, before saying "OK LET'S GO FULL AUTO!"...... Uhhhh, WHAT?!?!?!? ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?

This isn't about guns, this is about someone being absolutely, mind-blowingly STUPID.

What dipshizt parents have their 9-year old handling an UZI???? So what it's only a 9mm, it fires like 700rounds per minute!!!

GAHHHHHHHH, I can't take it anymore. I seriously long for the days of people with BRAINS!!!

This isn't a gun issue, it's a MORON issue. I feel terrible for what the girl will be going through.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Wow, first of all, I feel so sorry for that little girl. I hope they get her into some type of counseling right away.
Second, I will agree that at 9, this wasn't a good idea, and obviously that instructor wasn't thinking.

But geez, some of you.....

As far as why any child should need to learn? Well, in my case, I was shooting the 22 at 9. My dad wanted us to respect guns, and what they could do. All of us girls could shoot. We lived in the country. We had chickens and other livestock to protect.
And the first time I shot a critter, I cried. And my dad had a long talk with us about why I was upset, the ways of animals, respect of the gun, and death.
So yeah, there is a reason to teach kids. It can be a valuable life lesson, regarding life. I'm just thankful I had such a responsible teacher.

Well said.

One thing that befuddles me is that we are told over and over again that guns should be banned and relegated to gun clubs. Well, this happened exactly where and how we are told guns belong--at an official gun club with a licensed instructor exactly where we are told guns should be.

People forget that in Europe and in the UK, there are gun clubs exactly like this--I've shot at several--and this could have happened at one of the shooting clubs at the UK just as easily. An instructor gives a firearm to a kid without proper support and a tragic accident happens. And yes, it is legal for kids to shoot under instructor's supervision at gun clubs in the UK and yes, kids shoot there quite often under supervision.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
While I have no issue with the basic concept of teaching a kid how to use a firearm, heck, I and tens of millions of other American men learned how at or even before that age, handing them a fully automatic Uzi might just be a tad more than they can handle. You're just asking for trouble.

Safety first, people. When introducing someone to firearms, adults included, one of the many rules to follow is to never load more than one round until you're certain they can control the recoil.

Meanwhile, the usual suspects will try to make it a gun control issue, but given the prohibitive cost and heavy restrictions already enforced on fully automatic weapons in the US, this really isn't much of a political issue. This is simply an unfortunate accident, and there will be unfortunate accidents with anything that has the potential to be dangerous.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join