It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I never understood why for some reason a lot of Americans think that giving their little children guns(any gun for that matter) is a good idea, a child shouldn't be taught how to use guns that kill people they should learn how to ride a bike or how to swim why in the bloody hell do they need to shoot guns?.

god knows we have heard of so many stories where they kill their own parents by mistake or other people like in this case.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

Maybe the parents should have been standing next to him as well, another example of gun crazy USA!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

Riding bikes means you get away. naww you wanna shoot a sucker..l with an uzi. 900 times on trick or treat because they knocked on your door.

i quit.. too much. too much justification. "im strapping on my gun to go get milk." stuff makes me just... use your fists you cowards.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
He wont do that again...What a fool. Gun Instructor licence revoked.

License to live revoked actually. But will go on to win many praises, like "1000 ways to die", "darwin award", and "what's not a good gift idea for my 9 year old's birthday", among others...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

i quit.. too much. too much justification. "im strapping on my gun to go get milk." stuff makes me just... use your fists you cowards.

Isn't it funny when everyone gets pissy about govs stocking up on nukes that could destroy the world over, each country saying it needs a weapon to annihilate the other because the other has one or might have one, but then when the same people have to carry a gun for the sole reason of, "well, someone else might have a gun" they think it's all normal life.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
And in other news parents sue gun range ! Why ?
Because there morons !

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: sn0rch

Isn't it funny when everyone gets pissy about govs stocking up on nukes that could destroy the world over, each country saying it needs a weapon to annihilate the other because the other has one or might have one, but then when the same people have to carry a gun for the sole reason of, "well, someone else might have a gun" they think it's all normal life.

sounds like a recipe for hell on earth

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This isn't the first time a child of similar age lost control of an Uzi.

This is from 2010:

Boy, 8, dies after accidentally shooting himself with UZI

What are people thinking????

Father Twice Told Uzi Too Powerful for 8-Year-old
edit on 27-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Here's the video of the incident seconds before the instructor gets shot.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Bah! I think its just and unlucky accident. I could shoot quite well by 9 years old and started at 7. I never did shoot an UZI but probably would have rocked at it.

You really can't stop every single person from having occasional accidents no matter how many laws you write.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's a shame for someone to lose their life under these circumstances, but what idiot thinks a child should be learning to use a gun? Especially an UZI?

No child should be handling a gun - there's no need for it.

The American media likes to play up video game violence as a contributor to the issues with gun violence in America - what about glorifying guns and weapons to the point that some stupid parents thought it'd be a good idea to have their 9 year old fire an automatic weapon?

I feel bad that the instructor lost his life, and how this will affect the poor girl - but the parents - complete and utter idiots.
edit on 27-8-2014 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This is a terrible tragedy yes.

Personally my 8 year old daughter gets to shoot only the bb/pellet guns.

My son on the other hand is taught responsible gun rules and safety. He shoots the Mosin Nagant and the 12 ga, and you know what, we have fun. It is a good time and we both enjoy the time we spend together doing so.

My daughter is about ready to learn the .17 cal rifle. But it won't go any further thsn that.

It is about responsibilty, something this guy was lacking.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

I am not knowledgeable on the rules or laws with guns, so my question is... Is there an age limit on owning a gun and if there is wouldn't this age limit be the same for lessons ?

If there are no rules on the age, and the parents went in and paid for the lesson then what was the instructor to do ?

What a tragic story.

leolady

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Watch as the anti-gun crowd exploits this little girl.
Oh...that's not what you're doing? ummhumm.....anything to bash the right to bear arms, aye?

Tragic accident/dumb (understatement) instructor.....
But for those asking why a child would be taught to shoot or claiming that children don't need to learn to handle firearms...

Reason 1

Reason 2

And reasons 3-1000.....well, don't be lazy, go take a look at the plethora of reasons.

Now please, stop using this accident as a justification for not being able to understand why we teach children to shoot. It's exploitation, of course, I doubt too many of the anti-gun crowd even care about all that.

....carry on with the gun rights bashing. (Won't change a thing....whine and scream all you want, the rest of us will STILL keep our weapons)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

No, more like the anti-idiocy crowd pointing out that giving an 8-year-old girl an Uzi to shoot is sheer stupidity.

(post by Denoli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

You are choosing very, very RARE occasions when a child has used a gun to a questionably positive result.

But,I would argue that none of those children are fully capable of understanding the implications of what it means to end someone's life with a weapon.

You're also taking a child of 9 years old and making them responsible for adult actions - and placing expectations of an adult onto them. Which is unfair and also, in my opinion, unhealthy.

But hey - you love your guns and want to surround yourselves with them - all the more to you. When you wonder how and why young teens commit atrocities like school shootings - it is not because they were not taught how to use a gun responsibly. It's because they simply do not have a true value on the impact firing a gun at another human being has.

Sure, in your examples of rare occurrences when a child miraculously stops an intruder - great. Do they fully understand what they did? What it means? I doubt it. But they're your kids, so - go for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I have a 10 yr old and a 13 yr old and the closest they get to guns is COD.

I didn't even let them play hockey because I know my kids would use that as a weapon.

So, I have no idea what besides the allowing a child to touch something they shouldn't is the process ... why wasn't an adult behind he helping with the recoil?

I can only imagine what this little one is going through. None of it is her fault.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Guns are tools for death. Nothing else. To put that in the hands of a child is lunacy.

Kids don't need that kind of power trip/status symbol, they have an imagination.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The ignorance of this is absolutely astounding!! Who in their right mind gives a child an Uzi! or ANY gun for that matter, there is something fundamentally wrong with these gun toting eejits.

I think it's about time that America brought in some law against giving kids guns!! talk about bad parenting! sheesh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join