It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK-Moment a giant spider crawls from tunnel as man pokes it with a stick....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hell no. no no no.

Since when did these exist in the UK?

I am sure they wouldn't bother humans normally (unless poked with a stick) but...I mean....just no.

I don't mind little spiders, but I draw the line at spiders that are big enough to take the rolled up newspaper off me and do the crossword

www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 26-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That's creepy and all but I was hoping we'd get to hear him scream like a 3 year old girl when it came out.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Not exaggerating, but I would have thrown up.

Judging by his calmness I imagine he already knew it was there.

edit on 26-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

I certainly am not watching this.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Gahhh! I'm with you OP. That thing is big enough to carry my chihuahua off.

Nope. Nope. Just nope.

You don't have to go home... But you sure as hell can't stay here!
edit on 8/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
that gave me goosebumps ! I do not like spiders !!! I found a black widow once in my yard in a stored tire and believe me i was not the one that killed her !!!

armakirais

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You don't see many "Gahhhhhh"s these days.

Kudos to you

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
spiders do not want to have anything to do with you. here in California, there are black widows everywhere, I use gloves if I'm going to go outside and start lifting crap up that could be a hiding place for them. I actually allow some of the daddy long legs spiders to remain, they are excellent flying bug catchers, and they are harmless to humans. and my house is not engulfed in webs like some cartoons, if anyone was going to ask.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You don't see many "Gahhhhhh"s these days.

Kudos to you

I do what I can...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe it got separated from its (larger) subterranean family in the deeper caves

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Maybe it got separated from its (larger) subterranean family in the deeper caves

There should be a law about saying things like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

THANK YOU. ...I've been seeing what I thought were "funnel webs" in and around my garden in Winnipeg - didn't know the term "tube web." ...Anyway, all my research said funnel web spiders were exclusive to Australia, and their venom was generally fatal. Have been meaning to ask about them here and voila! you answered a lot of my questions.

F&S&

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That wasn't a giant spider. It was a decent sized spider.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Urgh, yuk. I am pleased to read at the link that it is just a painful bite for a few hours, no panic.
Gotta say give me one of them in my shed over some of the horror killers in Australia and elsewhere though...anyday.

...Oh, and I know I'm being totally picky, but I always like to be clear about when we use the term 'UK', the island of Jersey is a self-governing Crown dependency. It is not part of the UK, it is a 'possession of the Crown'. Strange, I know, but that's it's international politically legal status.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

It is giant compared the pathetic balls of fluff you normally see meandering around living rooms in the UK.

But yes, I have seen some of the Spiders in the US and OZ, and quite frankly, there aren't enough "Nopes" in the world to express my feelings towards them.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Urgh, yuk. I am pleased to read at the link that it is just a painful bite for a few hours, no panic.
Gotta say give me one of them in my shed over some of the horror killers in Australia and elsewhere though...anyday.

...Oh, and I know I'm being totally picky, but I always like to be clear about when we use the term 'UK', the island of Jersey is a self-governing Crown dependency. It is not part of the UK, it is a 'possession of the Crown'. Strange, I know, but that's it's international politically legal status.

Star for that my friend, I've learned a little something.

My own fault for reading "proves the spiders are setting up home in parts of the UK" further on in the piece.

That's the Mirror for you though.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Don't think my missies would of been to pleased if I called her to kill that bad boy

She's the designated spider assassin I turn into a big girl with ones the size of that mofos fangs let alone the size of him jeeze

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
my curiousity over powered my fear of spiders....as soon as it appeared I regretted it and stopped the vid. thankyou.
p.s. i hate you

I will be sharing this on facebook because I'm mean.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Don't think my missies would of been to pleased if I called her to kill that bad boy

She's the designated spider assassin I turn into a big girl with ones the size of that mofos fangs let alone the size of him jeeze

Same in my house. anything that's too big to get up the hoover is her territory.

I have recently purchased a kitten as the winter is drawing in, they are the best Spider assassins.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
my curiousity over powered my fear of spiders....as soon as it appeared I regretted it and stopped the vid. thankyou.
p.s. i hate you

I will be sharing this on facebook because I'm mean.

I hate me too.

I also shared it on Facebook, I don't want to be the only person scarred for life by it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join