It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK-Moment a giant spider crawls from tunnel as man pokes it with a stick....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That isn't even very big. I have seen huge female wolf spiders here with about an inch and a half long by three quarter inch wide body plus the legs. I thought I was seeing something unusual. I sprayed it with carb cleaner to kill it so the wife wouldn't see it and make me spray all the wolf spiders around the house. They are not a threat, actually they are good at keeping bugs down.

I saw a big spider on top of a 2x4 wall on an addition to a camp I was building here. It's body was about three and a half inches long and it was about two and three quarters inches wide. It's body was about a half inch thick and it had short legs that were bent up on top the wall. It still was end to end on the two by four.

We knocked it off and it clunked when it fell and died. It wasn't really that heavy, but it split when it fell. The owner took it to the local university where he left it for the professor. It was some sort of a pine spider, The professor said that these spiders are harmless and there are many of them out in the woods. Well, harmless unless you piss them off I suppose. I got bit a few times by harmless spiders, they make your finger look like clown fingers.

But I am still not afraid of them. If you don't purposely disturb them they don't seem to get mad. Don't tease them like the video does, they will jump at you. It is best to kill them if you hurt them. Same with a lot of bugs. I think they have a good memory. I think that way from experience, not from scientific evidence.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
I ate deep-fried Tarantula-on-a-stick in Laos a couple of times...nicer than the deep-fried bat.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yep definetly better than bat .. people would cringe at some of the things that are food in different parts of the world ..

They go great with chilli's and beer ..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
We don't have scary things here though, easy street spiders and only one mildly-venomous snake which I don't ever remember anyone being killed by, it would be national news for sure.
Aside from those rare snakes you could maybe get a nasty nip from a badger, but that's it. I like that about living in Britain, camping is proper chilled out, no bears, killer spiders, scorpions, you name it, camping here is a relaxed beer by a fire with mates, no crocodiles, wolves, monitor lizards...

The rest of the world can keep all their big spiders as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As I said earlier, I don't mind spiders, up to a certain point. But I do not want my other half telling me there is one in the bath and when I say i'll get it later she replies

"But its using all the hot water".

FML.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Briles1207 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207
I like spiders as well...native British spiders particularly.
Had a few generations of house spiders in the always open gap in my bathroom 'square opening in a wall with glass to allow light in'
They catch the flies, I get fresh air, and I leave them alone.

*Edit*
Just realised the W word seems to be censored on ATS - 'opening in a wall with glass to allow light in' - never knew that.

edit on 26-8-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Quick get the 4:10 , no get the 30:03 that should handle it a reply to: Briles1207

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

This is seriously uncool man, seriously badly very uncool.

I live in Jersey, I'd not heard of this until now. I'm off to burn my bed. And everything else I can find.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join