It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Lied: There ARE Backups of Lois Lerner Emails (but they're too hard to get at)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
New lights focusing on that "not a smidgeon of corruption" IRS/Lois Lerner email scandal.

It seems the "back-ups" actually might be somewhere despite IRS official "claims" !!

IRS efficiency is in question.

Deflections and Red Herrings galore !!

Many ATS Members thought so !!

There is a big difference between can't and it's too hard, and the IRS failed to make that distinction. Speaking to Shannon Bream on Fox News this afternoon. Judicial Watch boss tom Fittton revealed that a Justice Department official admitted that former IRS official Lois Lerner’s apparently missing emails actually exist on a backup server, but the government doesn’t plan to retrieve them.

A Department of Justice attorney told a Judicial Watch attorney on Friday that it turns out the federal government backs up all computer records in case something terrible happens in Washington and there’s a catastrophe, so the government can continue operating,”

So why won't they get the emails from the back up? "It would be too hard to go get lois lerner’s emails from that backup system,” Fitton said, paraphrasing the DOJ official.

The IRS Lied: There ARE Backups of Lois Lerner Emails (but they're too hard to get at)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was under the impression two Federal judges were already subpoenaing these records otherwise they will be held in contempt.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was under the impression two Federal judges were already subpoenaing these records otherwise they will be held in contempt.

I believe that is in progress as well.

The heat is on.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I watched that earlier today and the first thing after hearing the headline out of my mouth was "No Shiite". Did anybody really think they were gone in a puff of smoke never to be found again?

Then they said it would be too "onerous" to get them so they could still be exempt from providing them (per your OP as well). And the first thing out of my mouth was "What a load of messed up bullshiite".

Seriously. I'm not surprised, but I'm still pissed that this is going to be allowed to happen. Most of us knew it would but held out some small amount of hope that it would be made right....

That worked out really well didn't it?

I don't think anybody will ever see these emails regardless of who asks for them.

edit on 8/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This needs to go viral and re-open Congressional Hearing before the November election for full effect.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
This needs to go viral and re-open Congressional Hearing before the November election for full effect.

I bet it will.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good grief! I've extracted data from 20 year 5.25" disks from the era of 8-bit computers. That was not "too hard". Even getting data from 15 year hard disk drives, floppy disks and zip drives was not "too hard". Other people have extracted data from 50 years old magnetic tapes from NASA moon missions. That was not "too hard".

From all those, I find it hard to believe extracting data from federal standard IT infrastructure can be "too hard". If you can't interface to the hardware box, unscrew the box, pull out the hard disk drive and take a dump of the contents.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Won't happen until after the elections. If there was nothing to worry about, the emails would have already have been released. But they are stalling because of the complete and absolute degree of corruption.

So after the elections.

After that, it won't matter anymore. Obama will EO immigration, we might get into a shooting match in Syria to distract, and the media will continue to lie, blur the truth, obfuscate in order for the administrations agenda to get pushed through.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Won't happen until after the elections. If there was nothing to worry about, the emails would have already have been released. But they are stalling because of the complete and absolute degree of corruption.

So after the elections.

After that, it won't matter anymore. Obama will EO immigration, we might get into a shooting match in Syria to distract, and the media will continue to lie, blur the truth, obfuscate in order for the administrations agenda to get pushed through.

What have I told you about blurting?

I'll have my crystal ball back now, thank you!!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Too hard? Too hard?!?!

Really, You have the NSA, CIA, FBI, DHS and god knows what other agencies that would dig up 10 year old emails of mine if it needed to so they could prosecute me for something.

It's not like digging a ditch by hand....that's hard work.

You have to have some IT guy access the server and hit a few keys and you have them.

It's not "too hard", they just don't want the truth coming out.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

A Department of Justice attorney told a Judicial Watch attorney on Friday

So third hand information from two unnamed sources?

Sure, run with that....we all know Fox News will.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

But there aren't any Americans tech savvy enough to accomplish such a feat. That's why Obama had to outsource his billion dollar website to Canada.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Even if convicted she will get a Pardon.

The woman chose our President. She knew better than the Country.

Besides, those big bonuses were coming fast and furious.

Now look where we are at. We are being threatened by a Rapper.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I bet the IRS wouldn`t think it was "too hard" to recover deleted emails from your personal computer if it would prove that you owe them taxes.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I'm not finding this reported by any of the MSM outlets, which I find odd. There's is also this

IRS Shocker: Filing Reveals Lerner Blackberry Destroyed

top topics

join