It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: Fl078

I did look at your images. Thanks for putting that all together. It has helped give me some perspective.

Still, I disagree that they are fishing lights. The spots in the area of the sighting are huge -- larger than the nearby city of Sapporo. None of the fishing fleets in the other images quite resemble the large, solid spots in the area of the sighting.

Check the picture of South America. The fishing fleets lights are also a lot bigger than any town.
Nothing strange about it.
The large solid spots (from the sat pictures of the location of the sighting) are due to saturation of the satellite sensor, as said before. Quality/sensivity of the pictures are not the same so you have to keep that in mind when comparing.

Why do you want it to be natural phenomenom? It's there everyday and sometimes moving hundred of miles from one day to the day after.
On top, there is an even bigger spot at South, also everyday. So according to you that's another extraordinary natural phenomenom?

Vanheijst makes a valid point about fishing grounds, as well. Once again, I refer to his knowledge as an expert witness.

JPC, as a pilot with experience, is a reliable witness, but there is no expert witness for unexplained sightings.

I've emailed JPC 48h ago about a new hypothesis which could explain the orange/red shade, I'm waiting for his view before posting here.

edit on NovemberTuesday078 by Fl078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I do not want this phenomenon to be anything specifc; I simply won't accept an explanation I find implausible. To be frank, I get the impression you are rushing to conclude that there is 'nothing to see here.'

I have studied all of the images you presented. If you look closely, you will see some differences between the fishing fleets and the spots in the area of the sighting.

Look at the large cities in your images. Though smaller than the fishing fleets in area, they appear as singular blobs of very bright light. This is because lights in cities are many and very close together. When I look at the fishing fleets, I can clearly see tiny points of light with a dim glow between them.

The lights in the region of the sighting cover a smaller area than some of the fishing fleets, but they are more intense (brighter). They actually look more like the cities in your images rather than the fishing fleets.

I don't know what is behind this sighting, natural or not. Between my own observations of the images and Vanheijst's testimony (that of a an expert and first hand witness), I conclude that fishing fleets are an unlikely explanation.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist i agree with OM Realist, there is a rush to explain it all away. i will not say any more. I do my own ufo research work. The ufo reality as a serious problem is known to those who look for info.
Keep the pics of data from satellites since it is important. What someone in here says those images reveal is not as important as those blotches of formed light on the surface. The key to proper analysis is to have an actual exercise where a satellite is asked to examine a real human fishing fleet operation with ideal clear sky conditions to examine and compare to the images revealed here from satellite for the target area where the Heijt light phenomena occurred. We all know there has been no assistance of such, nor can we assume it would be trustworthy as many officers of the US Air Force and US Navy have clearly stated, a criminal coverup is ongoing to not reveal to us all the "ufo" space alien reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

I do not want this phenomenon to be anything specifc; I simply won't accept an explanation I find implausible. To be frank, I get the impression you are rushing to conclude that there is 'nothing to see here.'

I have studied all of the images you presented. If you look closely, you will see some differences between the fishing fleets and the spots in the area of the sighting.

Look at the large cities in your images. Though smaller than the fishing fleets in area, they appear as singular blobs of very bright light. This is because lights in cities are many and very close together. When I look at the fishing fleets, I can clearly see tiny points of light with a dim glow between them.

The lights in the region of the sighting cover a smaller area than some of the fishing fleets, but they are more intense (brighter). They actually look more like the cities in your images rather than the fishing fleets.

I don't know what is behind this sighting, natural or not. Between my own observations of the images and Vanheijst's testimony (that of a an expert and first hand witness), I conclude that fishing fleets are an unlikely explanation.

Hi,
the sighting was made almost 3 months, so I'm not rushing to conclude that there is nothing to see.

I'm interested in this case because pictures are amazing, so I was very curious about the explanation.
I have no interest in any particular conclusion, I'm agnostic and I have no will to believe anything, neither extraordinary explanation, neither prosaic.

I have tried to help identying those lights by doing "research" with a couple friends, and I appreciate a lot the work of other people, like the very informative investigation I have linked on previous page (found thanks to Tim Printy).

I've only posted here to have views of members.

You are free to believe what you want, but the sighting is obviously a fleet of boats, the pilot agrees.

In my last email with JPC, we've offered a new hypothesis to explain the color red/orange: a fleet of boats seen through an ash-cloud.

There was activity in Kamchatka at the time of the sighting:
News from 23/08:
"Zhupanovsky , Kamchatka :
53.59 N, 159.15 E;
Elevation 9702 ft (2958 m)
Aviation Color Code is ORANGE
Moderate explosive eruption of the volcano continues. Ash explosions up to 26,250 ft (8 km) a.s.l. could occur at any time.
Ongoing activity could affect international and low-flying aircraft.
Moderate explosive eruption of the volcano continues. According to visual observation by E. Safonova, weak ash explosions occurred and ash plumes extended to the south-southeast of the volcano on August 20;
according to the data by E. Nenasheva, only gas-steam activity of the volcano was observing on August 17.
Satellite data showed ash plumes rose up to 3 km a.s.l. and extended about 110 km to the south-southeast of the volcano on August 19-20;
a thermal anomaly over the volcano was noted on August 16-17."

The ash cloud from the Zhupanovsky (650 km away) was going South-South Est, which seems to match with the direction of the sighting (South).

Please feel free to make some research and check.

JPC is not convinced about the ash cloud hypothesis, but when I've asked a volcano expert about it, he told me (I've given his identity to JPC) :
his personal view is "the sighting is due to light through an ash cloud, or some atmospherical pollution of some kind."

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hi Fl078,
As discussed via email, I think that its highly unlikely (if not impossible) that it was a thin layered ash cloud that colored the lights. Both because ash-clouds are often vertical, and not layered (stratus) but also because there were no actual ash-warnings for the airspace at the time we flew there (the notam you copied says it is possible there might be an eruption during that period, not that there is actually one)

On top of that, other red lights have been sighted by other pilots. This does make it unlikely that the lights have been colored by ash clouds in my opinion.

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Jungian

originally posted by: bdotz
Jungian... Fishing boats are probably the first thing all of us thought it could be. But spend a little time considering the lights aren't the normal colours used, and that if these are fishing boats, the area a single boat is illuminating is absolutely huge, you can quickly assume that it isn't fishing boats creating the light.

I guess, but I lean a lot more towards sensationalism like a UFO hoax.

First, in the article, the fellow clearly states he does NOT think it's fishing boats. Second, he didn't mention a UFO, and suggested something volcanic, so why would you assume a UFO hoax?? That makes no sense. Some sort of geothermal activity is the most logical explanation here, especially considering the recent quakes, and how unstable the Pacific has been in recent years.

All fair. Just keep UFO's out of it was all I really meant. I was jaded by early comments I read elsewhere about it possibly being extra terrestrial. My bad.

Ah, makes sense. I can see that coming up. No worries! Still curious about what he saw.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DERRUFO i only reply to myself here...general order 33...at all times never let any case or phenomena be associated with space alien crafts from a diff. civilization.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DERRUFO the most preposterous comment in here has to be where someone says look at satellite images of huge lights energy radiation at other parts of the planet, and the commenter says see over here? look how big these Lights are ? and the Lights ARE FROM FISHING BOATS... what total BS...no one ever knows what it is if the light radiation areas are larger than the actual islands nearby with many people on them.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've found (thanks to Sebastien) this GIF from globalfishingwatch.org...

It shows the location and movement of fishing fleets all over the world.

You can see the location of the sighting is frequently used by fishing fleets.

edit on NovemberTuesday078 by Fl078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I understand you are convinced the lights were from a fishing fleet, but the above image does nothing to support your conclusion.

The satellite images show more detail. I ask you to again compare the lights in the area of the sighting with the lights of confirmed fishing fleets. Then compare both to the lights of cities in the same images.

To my eye, the lights in the area of the sighting more closely resemble the lights of large cities.

This incident has reportedly been investigated and considered by many scientific and government entities. None has offered a satisfactory explanation. Perhaps modern science, in all its glory, is as baffled by this as myself? Quite intriguing to think so...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Any updates for us, VanHeijst?

Wouldn't want this thread to be forgotten.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealistpotentially the greatest effort (opportunity) ever to stop the ufo coverup. it is historic. it is endless..it is eternal. this thread, this man, his images will never be forgotten. i pray we all also never forget the ones who came here to chime in what it really was...they said...was fishing boats. Some of them believe it or not work for no coverup agency but it is their own delusions, worried over any real danger from aliens...and they do the work of the coverup for them. Others who have been here were and are notorious coverup agents. this is the most important discovery i can imagine no matter how well the coverup has made it a news blackout issue...thank you NASA also...it is as if earth and America have a space agency if a hurricane is coming...pics from orbit...no problem, gigantic glows in the dark pacific at 2 AM aug 24th into 25th....well there is a problem...NASA has nothing on that. haha...and if the contacts lights are there each night a month before detected and have still been there each night since the 24th of August 2014, well it is just one more crime of non disclosure by the ufo coverup...if a fox is in the chicken coop it is busy killing, it does not keep score...the ufo coverup and agents until stopped are a threat to the USA govt.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
On 16SEP15 on a flight from PVG-ANC, I had witnessed the same thing mentioned by the pilot who started this thread. We to were at FL340, being handled by Tokyo on CPDLC flying to a fix on the "P" track Powel, Porgy, Puter etc. This is the same area. There were two groups of these red clusters. Off to the far right, there were a group of white lights what looked to be possibly fishing vessels. Groups of fishing vessels are pretty easy to identify. My FO and I agreed that we had never seen anything like these red lights below and could not understand why fishermen would use red lights. As we passed over the top, the lights looked more broadened. A white beacon kind of light did appear to shine out of the group of lights that we passed directly over.

We thought about contacting ATC and asking what it was, but decided it might confuse them and create a panic. To this day, I wonder what it is that we flew over. I have been flying trips from Asia to ANC for 8 years and have never seen anything like it. Out of curiosity, I typed what I had seen into Google and this thread came up. What ever it is, it is real and still out there. The areas must have been about as big as two small cities. Surely, there has to be more people who had seen this before....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Weird, but cool pics OP
Could it be some type of light reflection from the Hawaii islands like the weird mirage of the Chinese city a couple of years back.
Strange for sure, but very cool indeed.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The explanation for the red glow over the Pacific Ocean is simple. The Earth is simply "burping" and exhausting a certain kind of gas. The gas is coming from deep within the ocean floor.
edit on 29-9-2015 by itanosam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: itanosam

Probably, but why haven't more people made mention of it? Something like this is hard to miss or forget.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GTI748
On 16SEP15 on a flight from PVG-ANC, I had witnessed the same thing mentioned by the pilot who started this thread. We to were at FL340, being handled by Tokyo on CPDLC flying to a fix on the "P" track Powel, Porgy, Puter etc. This is the same area. There were two groups of these red clusters. Off to the far right, there were a group of white lights what looked to be possibly fishing vessels. Groups of fishing vessels are pretty easy to identify. My FO and I agreed that we had never seen anything like these red lights below and could not understand why fishermen would use red lights. As we passed over the top, the lights looked more broadened. A white beacon kind of light did appear to shine out of the group of lights that we passed directly over.
We thought about contacting ATC and asking what it was, but decided it might confuse them and create a panic. To this day, I wonder what it is that we flew over. I have been flying trips from Asia to ANC for 8 years and have never seen anything like it. Out of curiosity, I typed what I had seen into Google and this thread came up. What ever it is, it is real and still out there. The areas must have been about as big as two small cities. Surely, there has to be more people who had seen this before....

Hi, thanks for your contribution to the thread, I have to start by saying, I am not the Co Pilot that witnessed this first hand, that would be jpcvanheijst, he is seen replying later on in this thread.

Are you a pilot yourself? Do you have photos of your encounter with these lights? That would be a great addition to the evidence so far.

To this day, to my knowledge this is still an unexplained phenomena.

edit on 2-10-2015 by AnonymousWitness because: typo

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousWitness

Yes were are both pilots and fumbled for our iphones as we started to pass. We passed by it and was too late. Our pilot group had/ and should be getting a message board soon. I am pretty sure we will get more info soon. If I ever come across it again, I will take photos, get a position on it and create a PIREP with ANC via CPDLC. I will then file an ASAP report to draw the attention to it from the FAA. I appears to be an under water lava flow. We believe that a boat with a search lite was down there in it.

That all should be enough for them to investigate it and will keep you posted on what I find in the meanwhile.

edit on 5-10-2015 by GTI748 because: fatigued

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There were a few other pilots at my carrier that have witnessed the same orange glows. I keep an eye out for it, but it has been undercast since. Next time I see it, I'll get coordinates, take some pics and send it to our ASAP people. If it is volcanic gas, that makes it a potential hazard. The area is about the size of Minneapolis.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DERRUFO
i am very encouraged to see the additional comments by pilots of oddness in the seas that cannot be explained.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join