It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm starting to scare myself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi fellow members.

It pains me no end to admit this, but I'm really starting to worry myself.

I've always been an easy going guy: 35, British, well off, well educated and chilled out, on the whole.

But this whole ISIS thing has got me twitchy - seriously so.

The whole situation is affecting my day to day thoughts on those around me.I have a very close family friend who is a Banglasdeshi Muslim. He himself often states how much he hates another Asian ethnic group and has done for years and I'm now thinking - how far away from this are any of us?

The fact the guy who beheaded Jim Foley (RIP) was British is really getting to me. We're a decent country - decent people - why leave this to go and commit atrocities in the name of the tooth fairy? If the newspaper reports are right and he's the type of guy spinning records at a club then this makes me even more angry. Why do this? Why are you so simple minded that you think this is a good idea? I bet his friends in the clubs had no idea what he was capable of in the name of his 'god.'

I fear I'm becoming an Islamophobe.

It's not been helped by a recent trip to Disneyland Paris. I was staying in the Disneyland Hotel - the one right on top of the the park and the majority of guests were Middle Eastern. Their manners were appalling. I had doors let go in my face when I was pushing a pram, they attempted to shove me out of the way at photo ops and I was given filthy looks all the time. This is in a hotel where I was paying £1000 per night.

I'm sure it was because I was white British. Amazingly - the French were the politest people in the hotel - I guess they weren't Parisians.

What am I getting at? I feel that there is a Middle East vs The West battle going on everywhere - at all level of society and it makes me worry.

I appreciate I may get branded a racist for this post but I'm not - I'm merely talking about the behaviours I've observed and the concerns I have.

I fear Britain will become a battleground. I truly do. I hope my Muslim friends (of whom I have a fair few) stay safe and that it doesn't happen. Thugs will be thugs - both British and Muslim.

I'm also aware that I may be being hit by the propaganda. It just doesn't feel right here any more.

I know this is a disjointed post and kinda stream of consciousness but I felt I had to get it out there.

Anyone else feel kinda the same, like they don't who to trust?

Peace,

Cado
edit on 23-8-2014 by cado angelus because: illiteracy

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelusKEEP CALM...I can empathize with you but I have been paranoid practically my whole life...I am on meds now thank God...maybe ask your doctor for some thing for anxiety, there's no sin in asking for help only sin in not asking for help...take a break from the news, after all...garbage in garbage out.

Truly shells

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
STOP WATCHING TV!
Its the best cure I know for paranoia.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

As for manners....when the French are the nicest ?

The reason Muslims don't stand up and say "We are peace loving moderates".

They are subject to the same ruthless people that are confronting us.

Maybe even worse. So it's not hard to see why there are few moderates.

Unfortunately, people throughout history have acted like animals.

Traditionally, the good guys in the World unite...Then kick some serious a$$.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shells4u

Hi Shells,

Thanks for the good advice. I'm already on meds. :-) They help to a point, but having been at a point in my life in my past where everyone was telling me I was paranoid, only for them to realise 'they' really were after me, and apologise, I tend to trust my instincts. I'm on meds because everyone was telling me I was wrong, when I was actually right, and I started to doubt myself. It eventually became clear for all to see. But that's a different story altogether.

Not a soldier but dealing with my own little PTSD battle. As a dad, I have to be as on the ball as possible for my l'il girl.

I appreciate your comment and wish I could take a break from the news- I'm a need to know kinda guy.

Peace,

Cado

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Exactly the point I was making. When the French are the politest, you know somethings off.

I get your point about moderates - I'd probably be the same myself in all honesty.

It really is time for the good guys to unite - before it goes too far.

Thanks.

:-)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its not Islam that's the problem it is certain sects within Islam Wahhabi Arabs for one which sounds like the
type you encountered in Disneyland who really do regard EVERYONE else as a lower form of life regardless
of race wealth nationality or status.

problem for everyone else is how do you tell them apart from "normal" Muslims who just want to get on with life

any more than identifying a Zionist amongst Jews

or any other fundamentalist nutter.

the issue here is someone or some group is facilitating the expansion of fundamentalist Islam to the detriment
of everyone in the middle east and the creeping police state in the west.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I don't watch TV - not meaningful TV anyway. It's all Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly and Go, Diego, Go, in my house - from 7am 'til 9pm.

I blame the interwebz.

:-)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus

Don't let the actions of a small group which twists Islam make you lose your moral compus with regards to all Muslims. If you do then in a very sad way those few have won.

I'm also aware that I may be being hit by the propaganda.

You are, from all sides. Think for yourself, Turn the damn tube off, get some fresh air.

edit on 23-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

not meaningful TV anyway.
There is no such thing!

It's all Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly and Go, Diego, Go, in my house - from 7am 'til 9pm.
Get your kids of that mindless junk and stick them in front of wikipedia

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Thank you for such a considered reply. Do they Wahhabi Arabs have a serious amount of money? These guys were throwing it around. Chanel and Rolex everywhere.

Identifying the problem people is the issue and think that's where a lot of the fear sets in for many.

Equally - using it as a justification for a police state is just as bad. It seems like a lose lose situation to me.

Unpleasant times we live in.

I agree that it's only certain sects - as with any religion -but how do we, as normal day to day folk, differentiate.

Perhaps I need to stop worrying about it all. :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Don't let the actions of a small group which twists Islam make you lose your moral compus with regards to all Muslims. If you do then in a very sad way those few have won.

Exactly what I'm trying not to allow myself to do.

I'm also aware that I may be being hit by the propaganda.

You are, from all sides. Think for yourself, Turn the damn tube off, get some fresh air.

I think I may have to.

Thanks for the response.

Raining blood
From a lacerated sky
Bleeding its horror
Creating my structure
Now I shall reign in blood!

edit on 23-8-2014 by cado angelus because: formatting

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I get on all right with the Asians I know. Don't know if they're all Islamic because I've never asked.
I've also never felt threatened by any of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

not meaningful TV anyway.
There is no such thing!

But what about Eamon Holmes?

It's all Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly and Go, Diego, Go, in my house - from 7am 'til 9pm.
Get your kids of that mindless junk and stick them in front of wikipedia

As soon as she can read - she will be. Trust me. For now - I just want her happy - the dawning realisation the world sucks can come in a year or two. :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

As do I. I think it's more a feeling of whether you really know anyone and what they are capable of, believe and will do if they are co-erced into it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: ShayneJUK

Thank you for such a considered reply. Do they Wahhabi Arabs have a serious amount of money? These guys were throwing it around. Chanel and Rolex everywhere.

Identifying the problem people is the issue and think that's where a lot of the fear sets in for many.

Equally - using it as a justification for a police state is just as bad. It seems like a lose lose situation to me.

Unpleasant times we live in.

I agree that it's only certain sects - as with any religion -but how do we, as normal day to day folk, differentiate.

Perhaps I need to stop worrying about it all. :-)

not all but the Saudi royal family and a lot of "higher ups" in the region are part of that sect.
i wouldn't worry too much for your self as there is little you can do.
there are some powerful people behind the scenes manipulating things for their profit
at the expense of the rest of us to what end who knows but they would not think twice at plunging us into another war as they profit regardless.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Would you have said something to the people back in Britain had it been the same situation(s) there?
Had ISIS been an violent edge of Christianity would you be feeling anti-christian now?

edit on 23-8-2014 by EA006 because: yeah i know it wouldn't be called ISIS.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

In answer to your questions - yes I would have said something if it was in Britain - I often do. I also said something in France but was duly ignored.

And,if ISIS was a violent edge of Christianity I would certainly be feeling anti-Christian right now. It's not the religion - it's how they behave. I'm an atheist myself and the exact nature of the religion does not come into for me - it's all nonsense in my view.

Thanks for the questions.

Cado

edit on 23-8-2014 by cado angelus because: illiteracy

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You aren't ''worrying yourself''.

You are just being aware of how things are in the world these days.

Your avatar suggests you are in Wiltshire, and if you are, you will know that there is a high level of immigration, some places more than others.

I have studied a few religions and never considered Islam any more of a threat than any other religion. In the late 90's a colleague who was Muslim revealed his feelings towards non muslims and especially women, wouldn't do some of the tasks expected of his position and expected special treatment, openly declaring that he considered himself ''superior'' and ''above'' non Muslims and especially women.

That was offensive enough, then the manager of the organisation, who was half Indian though Christian refused to challenge such offensive words and refusal to do tasks others were expected to do. Then it became obvious that there was some sort of agenda. If anyone else had taken such an attitude and refused to do their job as expected they would have been fired.

That was before the WTC's were hit.

Obviously there have been many international incidents since then and the issue appears to be lack of defense from governments. They might have gone to the Middle East but which steps have been put in place in our lands to ensure our peace of mind and safety?

How much unchecked immigration has happened since then?

Either the governments of the west are deliberately creating an atmosphere of fear in established populations or they are should review their homeland defense policies and ensure that we are safe and protected.

It has gone beyond the pussy footing about trying not to offend people, our governments have to get tough on sorting out the mess that is international politics and religious extremism.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I'm not in Wiltshire, but the same applies where I am.

I think you have an example of pre WTC religious wavering.

You're right that we now need to get tough and I don't see what use creating an atmosphere of fear in the UK would do. Most of us are too drunk a lot of the time to care.

Thanks,

Cado

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join