It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm starting to scare myself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i was poised to write a comment along the lines of 'that's quite understandable at the moment but i wouldn't worry too much'

then i realised that would be wrong. i kow exactly how you feel. and there is reason to be concerned. am i becoming an islamophobe? no, i don't think so. am i conscious of the current possibility of ISIL style outrages happening here? absolutely.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's not the religion - it's how they behave.

You've become racist. Not an Islamophobe.
If that's the case you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

It's not the religion - it's how they behave.

You've become racist. Not an Islamophobe.
If that's the case you should be ashamed of yourself.

beg to differ - I'd be offended regardless of the race/religion.

Don't just pick a portion of my post and make a statement like that.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cado angelus

Then why write a thread regarding Muslim and ISIS? Why not a rant on manners?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

i'm not goig to rise to your baiting. Read back - properly. Then, if you still want to play keyboard warrior, let me know.

I would feel the same regardless of the religion - as I have already said and I'm sure you can read.

Why create a thread regarding Muslms and ISIS? Because they are the ones beheading journalists.

You in the UK? If so, meet me for a beer. Let's see if you will twist my words then...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
you should feel this way, a direct threat to our way of life exists and it must be eliminated. Anyone who dosent feel this way should.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That b.s and you know it.

A manufactured threat is being shoved in your face to scare you into hating others.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's funny without knowing who to trust you invite me for a beer.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Lets just say I trust and have faith in myself on a one to one basis.

Track 1 from Far Beyond Driven.

Interweb is one thing. Play with me IRL- that's another.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If that was a threat then you've shown yourself to be a twat. Maybe that's why those people were rude.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cadoangelus

I agree nobody would know who is capable of such a thing in a club but we're probably almost all capable under the right circumstances. The right circumstances are alienation, frustration, and a desperate goal you think you can get to.

You get a few pints and some familiarity and almost nobody is still capable, and for those who do remain capable, it probably would have helped if drinks and introductions had come earlier.

Assume nothing of no one. Know yourself and your immediate surroundings, guage possibilities and position yourself prudently and react as things unfold. Whether what's next is a lack of common decency to hold a door or wait ones turn, a suicide bombing, or the most unlikely fortuitous meeting of your life, this advice improves your situation.

But don't let it make you too serious either. Most things go nowhere. The flying cars and the nuclear war that I was supposed to grow up with, nada. The mongol invasion of europe- nada, they just turned back for home without being checked for their own reasons and a bit of luck. The list could go on all day.

And supppse I'm wrong. Suppose it's red alert, world war 3 tomorrow at sunrise for sure. Are you really gonna spend the very last night in the old life that you'll always miss despairing for what hasn't happened yet? I'd have a drink and try to bed an Arab girl in that situation personally. Start the apocalypse with a hangover and let the first shot take you off guard- how much worse than your worst fears could that possibly make things for you?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

tell that to the manufactured decapitated, i respectfully disagree our way of life is much more prosperous and accepting and loving many creeds living under one umbrella, i believe it must be protected at any cost and im willing to do so.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I remember staying in Frankfurt in 1998 at the IBIS hotel near the river,close by is such a large Muslim enclave you wondered what country you are in,now 16 years later I can go to suburbs in my city in Australia like Woodridge and Underwood in my home city and wonder the same thing.Across the western world a vast wave of immigrants has arrived thats' greatest allegiance is to the religious and political ideology of Islam rather than embrace their new homes cultures and traditions.

We have 399,000 Muslims now by 2030 this will be 714,000 other than immigration the average Muslim family has 4 or more children compared to our 1 or 2.O of these currently 26 percent of Muslim teenagers are unemployed and overall 57 percent of Muslim males are employed of working age 43 percent then are doing nothing,well over 100 are fighting with ISIS but I don't know if that is gainful employment.I can get a kebab and catch a taxi with a non-english speaking driver already- we don't need anymore unskilled labour,yes Im tolerant but my country has been taken for a ride then they use your own freedoms against you,making all food halal,being able to appear in a court with a burka etc etc,I dont want whats coming but this is not going to end well can anyone say Goths and Visygoths?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

tell that to the manufactured decapitated, i respectfully disagree our way of life is much more prosperous and accepting and loving many creeds living under one umbrella, i believe it must be protected at any cost and im willing to do so.

Protect it from who? The hornets nest you stood on in the first place?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i have no quarrel in the argument that we have a hand in this mess, and such pass times can be conducted by the leisurely and politicians, Truth is it dosent matter why! We as a western society protect our interests at any given time hindsight is our criticism. Regardless we should continue to protect our interest no matter if you feel we should or not. If you think otherwise maybe you should consider defecting to ISIS instead of using your freedoms to advocate the end of our way of life?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I suppose being military you have to tow the company line, collecting a wage and that.....

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

nice, a simplification with no substance and or retort. I dont know friend what exactly is it that you advocate lay it in plain terms so we can examine and have a beneficial dialogue?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I was in Egypt in 2005 whilst I was never scared I was with a tour group I more than got enough feedback that they genuinely hate us and we are letting them in by the tens of thousands this poster is correct our civilization will be at stake soon enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have to admit that when I seen the map of how much ISIS has taken over it really scared me!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

truth be told, the dividing line is clear in a issue like this truly asking you personally WHERE DO I STAND? Now i say, I stand for our culture, our love of freedom, our passion for ingenuity; and if there is a threat i stand to eliminate said threat. Is there truly any room for a much appreciated and loved grey area here?
edit on 23-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join