It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the theory that illegals take american jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Have you always worked non union construction? My husband never worked with illegals for 40 years in construction. They have to read and speak English to understand the safety regs. Blame the employers for hiring criminals instead of you.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shifferbrains

That is because Utah is a right to work state. Eventually that union shop will die like they did in Idaho. You need to blame the business agents and hold them accountable for hiring criminals. But you will just beating a dead horse in a "right to work' state.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
If California would collect a 10K fine from employers
for every illegal working, their state financial problems would soon be over.
With no jobs for illegals there would be less of a reason for them to be there at all.

Fine The Employer. That is the answer to the immigration problem.

i always say illegals are like stray dogs , take the food and water away they have to move on .

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jed001

Um, actually dogs aren't the most migratory of animals generally speaking. Either somebody else takes them in, or they knock over your garbage cans or try to eat your cat, or they die. But I can see why people would prefer to think that once they leave your sight they simply move on to greener pastures without a care in the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That flies in the face of reality.

Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty… - See more at: www.teaparty.org...

Some may play the "Democrat vs Republican" card but all I see in both parties is corporate fascism.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: MOMof3

I work in the construction industry.

The Mexicans are taking over, I dont care what this study shows.

Like a company that hires illegally is going to put that information out there anyway.

La migra(spelling?) shows up and you have never seen a scramble like that..lol

The majority of Americans are against illegal immigration but the Pro Amnesty Corporate Lobbyists thumb their noses at us.

www.endillegalimmigration.com...

A super majority of Americans support immigration enforcement and oppose Amnesty according to countless polls and surveys about illegal immigration. Unfortunately, the pro-Amnesty lobby is circulating a few politicized polls that claim the opposite.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odd1out

originally posted by: rupertg
a reply to: nfflhome

California is #1 in agriculture and agriculture exports. It's big busine$$.
No fat cat will want to get rid of their cheap labor.

I live in CA and this FACT above is the elephant in the room. Never mind that NO ONE ELSE wants to do the fruit & vegetable picking in the hot sun for hours a day. Go ahead, send them all back...LEGAL AND ILLEGAL and see which hard working Americans are lining up to get their jobs.

YEAH RIGHT.

It's laughable that people think there is a problem here with this...take them away, then you got problems...starting with the skyrocketing price of produce all over the country.

i think all the people who are on welfare should have to do these manual labor jobs to get their benefits and if they don't like it get a job that pays more

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jed001

You realize that a lot of people on various forms of public assistance ALREADY are doing low paid manual labor jobs, and that is precisely why they need welfare, right? WalMart is among the major employers who actively encourage their workers to supplement their wages with public assistance (because otherwise they couldn't survive, they would have no motive to work at Walmart, and they'd have to start paying a living wage).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

What? You think there won't be another illegal waiting for his chance? Another employer who will hire him for cheap labor? As long as employers will give them a job, they will come.

What this article is about is expanding the voter base and collecting money. It has finally dawned on the Repubs that their old white voter base is dying out. And of course the democrats already figured that out. I am not sure what the corps are up to, but it has to be about money. Legal cheap labor I suppose.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: jacobe001

What? You think there won't be another illegal waiting for his chance? Another employer who will hire him for cheap labor? As long as employers will give them a job, they will come.

What this article is about is expanding the voter base and collecting money. It has finally dawned on the Repubs that their old white voter base is dying out. And of course the democrats already figured that out. I am not sure what the corps are up to, but it has to be about money. Legal cheap labor I suppose.

Yep. It is always about the money either way.
Bring them in to undercut their fellow American's and kill off decades old welfare programs to make sure everyone is working for dirt except the top elite.

When our country was founded and the constitution formed, anyone could give a finger to the system and make it on their own plot of land.
The Agricultural Corporate Conglomerates took care of that and forced a lot of small farms out of business in the 80's.
Today, you either serve the corporations or you start your own business, which is very expensive and take out loans out to pay back the Banksters on Wall Street.

One thing I have realized is that the top 1% on either side is not about Freedom and Rights but about enslavement to enrich themselves.
edit on 26-8-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join