It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the theory that illegals take american jobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Don't pay too much attention to this, the morphine still has me goofy. There are so many side arguments here, and I'm now convinced that their sole purpose is to paralyze Americans, and prevent them from thinking about this issue so a few highly placed people get it all their own way.

What jobs do illegals get? The jobs that are open on the day they walk into the personnel office, if it costs the company less to hire them then someone else. Why do we have problems with illegals? Because we have illegals. Of course, we can't know how many there are each year, but if you start at half a million and work your way up, you're probably in the right general area.

So the illegal problem is that we have to many of them. Whose fault is that? Well, who can fix it? The border patrol, Homeland Security, all the border people, the military, the National Guard, all necessary power, etc. are all in the hands of the Commander in Chief, who has defense of the Country and the Constitution as his most necessary jobs.

Ten thousand illegals in the country isn't a problem. Ten million is, and it's his problem. If it doesn't get fixed, it's ONLY because he doesn't want to do it badly enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Your comment was very disappointing. I'm referring to this one:

Without the attribution to Roosevelt and the red flag reference that could be Stalin speaking against religious affiliation.

You can't possibly believe that Stalin would have said:

he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

Your comment is like saying "Without the reference to civil rights, MLK, Jr. could have been a Klansman in theory."

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: MOMof3

I work in the construction industry.

The Mexicans are taking over, I dont care what this study shows.

Like a company that hires illegally is going to put that information out there anyway.

La migra(spelling?) shows up and you have never seen a scramble like that..lol

This is absolutely true. I have many friends in the construction industry who testify to the truth to this post

They also help to lower wages.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Give me your tired and poor...
Give me your huddled masses...

White Europeans take an entire continent by murderous force...

Closes the gates, and begins crying and stomping feet like BABIES when other people want in.

If you don't like America...

...then make way for the ones who do and
MOVE!!!!!!!

Let's get on equal ground eh.

Wasn't it the Hispanics from Spain and Portugal that murdered millions and plundered Mexico, Central and South America ?

Maybe the invasion is still happening.

I wonder who killed more. White Europeans or "European" Hispanics.

edit on Aug-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Said it yes, done it no. And we're immigrants being treated with absolute equality when this was said?
I'm not saying Teddy was as bad as Stalin, I'm saying he was a nationalist and that nationalism is not a core American value. There is room for loyalty to heritage and conscience even before country in America, which is exactly why we have limited government and are better than Stalin's Russia. We should not emulate the imperfections of a national hero to the detriment of our true source of greatness.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Dear The Vagabond,

You probably know that I'm Mr. Confusion. I'm taking that role once again. What do you mean by "Nationalism?" How does the idea of being more loyal to heritage than country actually work out? I don't even know, in this case, what "heritage" means.

Loyal to my heritage as a slave? My heritage as a European nobleman with the right to punish servants? My heritage as a Latino who has tried to get California back from the people who stole it?

I'm a little fuzzier than normal right now, but I'm speaking with honesty. I don't understand you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

It can mean any number of things- I intentionally chose a broad word that covers the right of the Amish to honor the ways of their ancestors even if they are of no particular national benefit and call us "English" as others and want nothing to do with us, just as much as it covers the right of a Native American to disregard our laws where the ceremonial use of peyote is concerned, and I would argue for more, such as bootlegging and unlicensed hunting for a mountain man or a cajun.
It certainly covers the right to choose the language of ones ancestors over English.

The right to keep your own ways and stand out from the crowd in almost any way stops only when you infringe on the rights of others.

Everyone come and do what you will. If you fight with us we'll fight with you. If you work with us we'll work with you. The more you do either, the more we will reciprocate.

If you can't work with us in our language we aren't obligated to work with you in yours. But I know a Cambodian who fought on our side and paid for it and came back with our guys and made a life here without learning the language, without ever doing a traditional uniform and paycheck job, and I have no idea about his citizenship or tax status except that he's finally free to go home but he only does it a year at a time and he does it as an American taking back the wonderful benefits of that new identity to help the people he comes from. Those are still his people. But so am I now, even if I have to ask his grandson what he is saying. He absolutely gets to have it both ways. He bled and sweat for that right, but if he had the chance to undo some of the suffering, I wouldn't tell him that it would make him less American to do so.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Remove income tax.

Add sales tax.

Don't care about illegal jobs.

There, I took care of the problem. Next.
We'll never have VAT. The claim is it will impact the lower income levels more.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've lived in Las Vegas, Portland and Seattle. I'm a jack of all trades so I've worked in many different environments. Not once have I ever worked with an illegal. If an illegal has the same job as you or has the one you're trying to acquire... smh.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When ICE used to do raids on companies and deport illegal workers, every single position was quickly and easily filled by a citizen. There is no good reason a foreigner should be hired for a job while we have millions of un-employed citizens who need to feed their families.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: theMediator
Remove income tax.

Add sales tax.

Don't care about illegal jobs.

There, I took care of the problem. Next.
We'll never have VAT. The claim is it will impact the lower income levels more.

The rich that spend most of their money outside the USA might bring an impact but the poor and middle class have barely nothing to evade income tax while the rich have plenty of options to lower their share of income taxes.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

This is the american mind I love. Come, work with us, fight with us, and live you life your way and let me live my life my way.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

------Says the woman who created the thread and then didn't come back for 2 days to fight for her opinion. :/

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Aww, someone just found out they aren't a woman's top priority. I feel for ya bro, but she's got a right.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
I have 3 decades of commercial construction experience and a bachelors degree in construction management.
Here's the deal.

Legal immigrants realize their work is worth more than what illegals get so they join unions and contribute, pay taxes, etc. Illegals, for the most part, I'd say 70% of them sell drugs and participate in shady # which is why they are illegal in the first place. Granted, there are some illegals who are trying but because of the fact they are illegals they are taken advantage of by asshole employers.

Now.

The only ones that are taking jobs from "Americans" are Americans themselves, at least in my industry.
Given the choice of hiring a crew of white dudes or legal Mexicans I'll hire the Mexicans every single time. Why? Because they work their asses off, don't play stupid #, # games and don't act like women on the job, no offense to women.

And I am sure that the fact that you can get them cheaper than American workers doesn't hurt, right? I agree, the only Americans who are taking jobs are Americans, Americans who will sell out their countrymen for some extra cash.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry.. but how ridiculous can you get. If a job needs to be done, no matter what it is, if illegal immigrants were doing them, American citizens would be doing them. Are you suggesting OP, that these jobs would cease to exist if non-citizens were not doing them?

Not sure what you or anyone is trying to prove with this. As it is, America is losing out constantly on jobs sold to cheap, cruddy, low-paid workers. Do you think having the same in the U.S. is somehow a good thing? It's not.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We have the same "problem" in my country,
people like to play the blame game.

The employer hires the worker, so take it up with the employer.
Don't point the finger on the workers.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Actually as has already been covered, SOME but not all of these jobs would not exist if it were necessary to pay an American the amount necessary to get them to do it.

At a certain price, the person who wants work done either says "screw it I'll do it myself" or "well I'll just do something else that won't lose me money".

That's why I couldn't get a job at a Mexican market, because it was low productivity work that ate profit margin for aesthetics, and since the consumers there didn't stop coming just because the place was falling apart, any improvements had to be done by the owner or his "will work for beer" cousin, or just not get done.

I've done jobs that white citizens are never seen doing where I'm from- I had to have been the only white landscaper in Coachella California at one point- but if there is any other job at all that pays minimum wage or better (landscaping didn't) let the guys with no papers have it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm all for open borders, myself, but you have to get rid of the welfare state (which includes minimum wage) for that to be at all sane and taxes have to be reorganized into consumption taxes. This would solve a lot of our problems as a nation.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I voiced my opinion, anymore I am just nagging. I still put the blame on american employers, not just the government and more guns. That is why I wanted to post this piece. Become aware that businesses should not get a free pass for encouraging illegals to come here for our jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join