It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Day of Rage, Today 8/21/14

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The planned rally is among dozens around the nation organized by the group Anonymous, which is demanding the “immediate arrest and prosecution” of Officer Darren Wilson. Wilson has been identified as the officer who shot 18-year-old Michael Brown on Aug. 9, whose death touched off violent protests in the streets of Ferguson, Mo.

“We call upon the citizens of the United States to collectively gather in support for those who are suffering in Ferguson,” a voice claiming to represent Anonymous says in a video posted to YouTube. “We must indeed all hang together as one nation, or most assuredly we will all hang separately.”

The rally is scheduled to take place at 7 p.m., according to a list of protests in more than 40 major cities around the country.

The Hill
Snopes
Homeland Security Warns Ahead Of ‘National Day Of Rage’

I would like to hear the opinions of ATS or predictions on how this event will turn out?
Large turnout or a flop?
Violent or peaceful?
There have already been protests in New York, Boston, Miami, Washington DC, LA, and several other cities around the country. If large crowds show up how will the police respond?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How about a National Day of Peace where everyone smiles and says hello to everyone they meet.

It would make the world a better place.

Take of the headphones, the bluetooths, and get to know for a second the people around you.

Maybe we would all be a little nicer that way.

Is there a reason not to be polite?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This would also be a great way for a terrorist group to have plenty of people around in very large cities to do something nasty at each cities capitol building. Looks like that is where they are calling for most of the gatherings. I can see ISIS using this as a nice way to walk right into a large crowd and BOOM....hell, one of the calls is for a protest right outside the White House.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't agree on arresting the man without grand jury. Anonymous hasn't accomplished anything but I suspect that might be able to accomplish getting emotional or ignorant people to start trouble just to start trouble. Law isn't their strong point despite what they pretend.
edit on 8/21/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I thought we did away with "Lynch MOBS"!

How can there be Justice, when we allow the "MOB MENTALITY" to overrule sane thought and the gathering of evidence?

The 1st rule of having justice, should to not allow the MSM to manipulate our emotions to the point that we consider a lynching JUSTICE!

Demanding JUSTICE with emotions is not justice at all..........

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

I love this better then a day of rage.
Everyone bring your grills, lets have a nationwide cookout

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I see anon more as a government entity that is inciting certain things in the community to cause more civil unrest which allows the government to implement more measures of control over the populace. It allows the government the guise of helping us so Anon doesn't cause anymore issues or harm anyone. I just find their "attacks" to be too closely related to issues that may incite major clashes, especially in the racially charged Ferguson incident....this has the potential to explode though I think Anon is a day late and a dollar short to get this thing any legs.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

. . . “immediate arrest and prosecution” of Officer Darren Wilson. . . .

From the OP's source.

Really, what more needs to be said? This isn't about justice. This isn't about truth.

This is about blood.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Everybody needs to hold themselves accountable for their own actions. This is a great example of that. Peace does not come through burning your own neighborhood. Drop out en masse and tell them no more. Too bad this country is too comfortable to rebel or even think about paving a better path for everyone and themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I put this in another thread but feel the need to give everyone a heads up.

dailycaller.com... rrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

The Feds are hoping people show up so they can add to their database.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
From stand offs with military style uniforms and weapons, to police threatening to shoot journalists. From a Governor saying we will work together, then sticking armoured vehicles in their faces, to so called "Anon" calling for a day of rage...its all a planned series of tactics to cause rebellion and a national face-off in the US. You are all being played, its a test to see how far you can be pushed and if possible push you over that line in the sand. Looking for a reason for the Fema camps?....its staring you in the face. Good luck and peace to you all.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Someone is either not understanding their role as a protester or, all the info we've been getting about them being infiltrated is accurate.

The protesting needs to stay out of this one judicial matter and keep the focus on the big picture.

Protesters have the right to be concerned, they are losing the high ground when they over step the bounds.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Justice in America has been lost. There will inevitably be a few incidents like these as long as we keep with the status quo.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Someone is either not understanding their role as a protester or, all the info we've been getting about them being infiltrated is accurate.

The protesting needs to stay out of this one judicial matter and keep the focus on the big picture.

Protesters have the right to be concerned, they are losing the high ground when they over step the bounds.

The churches, the peaceful protesters are out there, they are just being ignored.

The most touching thing from all of this is the churches that come out in the mornings to clean up after the rioters and looters.

They are not getting the attention they deserve simply because they are not violent, they are for peace and justice.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: seeker1963

Justice in America has been lost. There will inevitably be a few incidents like these as long as we keep with the status quo.

I can't argue with that!

Justice at this point isn't about fairness on judgments, but about having the money to be properly represented in the judicial system.

Those with the money, get justice, those without money, become victims of a system that has morphed to accept currency as a means to further enslave those without the luxury of having enough money to buy justice!

However, in light of this whole "DAY OF RAGE" nonsense! Why should we allow raw emotions to dictate justice? How do we even know that "Anonymous" the group is behind this protest? Could it not be someone like "Eric Holder" anonymously sitting behind a keyboard riling up the masses? It could be anyone, promoting this!

WE CANNOT WIN THE BATTLE, BY WILLFULLY ALLOWING OURSELVES TO BE MANIPULATED.........

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I hope if people show up in mass to protest the actions of the police they also protest the actions of the rioters. There is no doubt the cops needs to be held accountable, but after what I've seen from the recent events in Ferguson, there are many people out there that have some serious issues.

We become outraged when the police tear gas the media, yet I watched two reporters get robbed and beaten by rioters live on their streams.

There is plenty of rage to be pointed at each side.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

That's a good point. The good is being pushed aside for the bad.

None of my family have any idea what's going on with this issue. The media has it all convoluted and most people are getting into an us vs LEO attitude.

I'm offended with the attention the media has given the negatives of this deceased man. I'm equally offended with the parties attempting to manipulate this on location.

It's crucial for our future rights that those with good intentions and positive messages come out ahead.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

The way to hold individuals accountable for their illegal actions is to press charges right? Now, with what you know about the police brutality would you press charges there?

And since you watched this occur, there's video evidence. If this calms down and they catch these people, I'm very curious if these people are undercovers or another such group that wants to scare the journalists away.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Now, with what you know about the police brutality would you press charges there?

I think we have to take each case of potential police brutality and investigate the circumstances. If there is enough to prosecute, then we should do so. No if ands or buts, and the investigation should be conducted by a group outside of the police department.

I'm very curious if these people are undercovers or another such group that wants to scare the journalists away.

I doubt it. What I witnessed were very young people committing acts against the journalists. They were just a group of dumb punks that were taking advantage of the situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
How about a National Day of Peace where everyone smiles and says hello to everyone they meet.

It would make the world a better place.

Take of the headphones, the bluetooths, and get to know for a second the people around you.

Maybe we would all be a little nicer that way.

Is there a reason not to be polite?

I love this Idea a national day of tailgating. Doubt that many posters here would show up, but good idea non the less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join