It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summerville Police arrest student for writing he shot dead dinosaur

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

You know what's almost as absurd as this whole story? The exaggeration by the media..

He was not arrested, he was handcuffed when he became irate, he then was released.

Saying he was arrested suggests he was put in jail or charged, neither happened as far as I can tell.

It would also appear that the police were told he brought a gun to school, what would you expect the cops to do if they get told that? Do you think they saw his assignment? Or just went on information provided by the school?

Obviously it's the latter.

The school is to blame for this stupidity, not the police, those that think it's the cops need to pull the wool form their eyes..

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Surely the school's first contact should have been the kid's parents or parent. This is the State sidestepping the parent and dealing direct with the kid and its a step I don't care for.

Yes they were right in seeing a potential threat, but surely some information about the kid and what he was up to would have been right rather that get this kid labelled as a potential whilst still at school.

You can't expect kids not to watch the media and see the number of shootings going on, and simply picking up the attitude "I am going to shoot so and so" and the dinosaur at the end of the sentence should have alerted to a slightly off the wall humour. However, it appears that teachers should be warni9ng kids about teachers and their obligations.

But first obligation is to the parents and were I his parent, I would have been flying into that school to get my hands on teacher and demanding a full explanation as to why teacher thought I was not to be consulted first.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Wow, overreact much? (Not you, but the school.) It's crazy to think the police were actually called to arrest the teen. I can't say for certain if this kid has problems or not, but I'd assume he does. At the extreme I'd think that maybe his parents would be called in to talk about problems at home or something similar.

The world sure has changed. I can appreciate the school taking precautionary measures, but this seems way out there in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: imod02
a reply to: 8675309jenny
So true only question is whos boot is it

Pick any alphabet organisation that carries a pistol?

Does ISIS count

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
On a more serious note, the boy, school, police, and society in general have yet to accept the data that birds are dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are all around us, we see them every day. This has been known for a long time but people still use the meme that all the dinosaurs died hundreds of millions of years ago. Dino want a cracker?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When I was 16, I won a t-shirt contest for drawing stickmen on it that we're using chainsaws, axes, guns and other weapons to decapitate and torture other stickmen.

And boy, was there depicted red blood just about everywhere.

Of course, even though I did win first place, they never displayed my t-shirt at the front office like the second and third ones in the contest but they didn't call the police or anything.

Two words for this day in age : Home School.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

BUT AREN'T THEY ENDANGERED?!

Have a heart, people. Dinosaur killing is no laughing matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I used a paper shredder to kills this one....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
Mention the word gun and that warrants investigation?

Yes. Welcome to the brave new world.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sounds to me like this kid was just trying to be funny with his "assignment" and it backfired. Can't believe the school is so uptight that they would call the cops over this.

He probably would have gotten off though with no charges if he would have been cooperative and respectful to the police officers.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes..I also strangled my long term imaginary friend.....come at me pigs......

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a counselor or a principal could have talked to the student to try to ascertain the seriousness of the risk and discovered it was plain fiction. I guess they were afraid of a "confrontation" that may lead to him pulling out a gun and shooting them. Once the word gun was mentioned, they were not touching him with a 10 foot pole. No they had to call someone else who has a gun to "take care of business" "Please, just 'off' him, he's clearly a danger to society!" The boy is lucky to have escaped with his life, especially since he chose to verbally defend his rights...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobWatcher57

Where are American police recruited from, toy stores!!

it's Missouri, the state people move out of that are smart enough and have the means, to find a better and brighter future for themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Everyone's worried about the kid but what about the dinosaur's family.

Don't dinos have rights too?

Disorderly conduct is all this monster gets? Why he's almost as bad as Steven Spielberg. When will the violence against dinosaurs end? It's insanity, this kid's ancestors probably hurled the meteor at them as well.

Alex Stone, you are a horrible person. His status was bad and he should feel bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here is how I see this...

First off, this was not a creative writing assignment, the assignment was for the students to "write a few sentences about themselves". This student, who is only 16 (not of legal age to purchase a gun) writes “I bought the gun to take care of the business.” Again, this was not a creative writing assignment, so the teacher had no choice but to take the student at his word. Had the teacher not called the cops and it turned out that this student did, in deed, have a gun and he used it to kill his neighbor's pet (or worse), then the teacher would bear some responsibility for not reporting it to the police.

So, then the cops show up and this kid gets mouthy and subsequently gets charged with disorderly conduct. That happens to anyone when they escalate an otherwise innocent/unsubstantiated police stop.

This kid got what he deserved. Let it be a lesson learned.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Im not saying its not funny but how could the police know the kid is not delusional

They couldn't, and they never will. If it was a question of his mental health, he should have been screened by a professional who is trained to identify delusional people. So now if he IS delusional... well they've pi$$ed him off. His delusional little mind may go on a rampage to kill every dinosaur he 'sees.'

But I suspect he is just fine mentally, and was having a bit of creative fun with the assignment, as unsavory as it is to kill a living thing -- even an imaginary one, apparently.

Now I have to wonder if the school would have reacted the same way if he'd said "killed my neighbor's pet rock.'

Whoever said 'thought police' ...I agree with you. I'd be a little nervous turning in a creative writing assignment if I went to that school! I mean, by those standards, shouldn't Stephen King be locked up for life???

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Trickster continues laughing its ass off.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is illegal to kill dinosaurs. Everybody know that. Lock him up and throw away the key!! Then open the door, get on the floor! Everybody kill the dinosaur(really bad 80's song)

Sorry. Slow day.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What if I said I just launched an ICBM toward my neighbor?(could be D.C. or Canada or N. Korea). Should I expect Homeland Security? LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Teacher: Hey kid, are you having a laugh?
Kid: Yes sir.
Job done.

It seems this isn't the fault of the police, its the school!

I cant help but wonder whether they are fit to teach!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join