It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Read the DHS bulletin on Thursday’s “Nationwide Day of Rage” #ferguson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Is this related to the Purge Fiasco last week?

No...this is all tied into Ferguson.

The Purge fiasco came about, as far as I know, in one city resultant from one teen's attempts to play a joke/prank on his town.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: EA006

It's symbolic of expressing rage within...not taking actions of rage...but yes, it could get bad like Ferguson...worse in certain parts of the country.

Indeed. It's been shared in quite a few places on the net that there are "paid rioters" active. let's hope these trouble makers don't get the upper hand. Surely media would love that, i.e. paid rioters or not, bad actions, remember how it made Occupy(especially with BlackBlock) look. Be aware if you're involved in any of these demonstrations.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was wondering when and how DHS would stick their noses into this----and lo, here they are.
This brings to mind last Friday night's "Purge Threat" in Louisville, KY. An internet sensation for sure! When that was going down it came into my mind (via my tinfoil hat, of course) that this seemed like some sort of Social Media experiment that we'll see reported on in a few months or years.
This has the same flavor.

If indeed it is real---I see both sides again. I express rage all the time. My rage is usually vented on weeds growing in my garden. I yank 'em out and throw them on the compost pile so something unwanted turns into something useful. If the rage can be directed and productive---and if it ends at the end of that day----let it be over.
But I'd much rather see a day of calm and contemplation. I'd rather be seeing candlelight vigils in cities all over the nation with the names of those shot down by police, those maimed by police. Show America the faces of all the people who have been abused. Weep with them and for them and resolve to do what we can to make it better.
The msm isn't going to help in this regard. They'd much rather cover the rage and the actions of a few truly evil people than to cover a story about a vigil for the victims of the police state.
If DHS shows up in Ferguson, I would hope that somebody would mount a protest against them---or the governor would politely tell them to go away.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: EA006

It's symbolic of expressing rage within...not taking actions of rage...but yes, it could get bad like Ferguson...worse in certain parts of the country.

Indeed. It's been shared in quite a few places on the net that there are "paid rioters" active. let's hope these trouble makers don't get the upper hand. Surely media would love that, i.e. paid rioters or not, bad actions, remember how it made Occupy(especially with BlackBlock) look. Be aware if you're involved in any of these demonstrations.

"How it made them look" was ALL OVER THE HEADLINES. 6:00 news every single night. Live coverage, streaming video, a thousand tweets per second. Once things became peaceful again? Crickets.

Same with "I Am Mike Brown." Last night was 98% peaceful, tonight was 100% peaceful, and everyone was in bed by midnight, including Anon and the grass-roots media.

I hope the "day of rage" catches fire and there's "film-at-6:00" levels of violence across the country. Maybe then things will actually be "exciting" enough to change the system before everyone gets bored and goes back to sleep.

And to think, I was committed to "nonviolence" a week ago. For 20 years of caring about change in this country. IAMBrown certainly did change me; it proved to me that almost none of us give a crap unless people are being beaten and killed.

Sigh, indeed. Sleep well, kids. Big Brother has regained control and everything is safe for your primetime shows to not be interrupted tomorrow with pesky news reports about "those damn rioters causing trouble just for fun." :/

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A day of rage is just what this country needs. And another one for each time the police overstep their bounds on an American. Also, another one for every time our Constitutional rights are pissed upon by Obama and Congress. Im all for it.

Do some of you not realize it is NOW or never?

We are looking at the point of no return. Right now. If what is happening in Ferguson ( I am talking about the assault of the press and the police tactics) is overlooked, it will surely open up the door for the full might of the police state to come crashing down over the next decade.

It is time We The People take a stand against the tyranny. The tyranny on our streets, the tyranny running our corporations, and the tyranny heading OUR government.

I repeat. It is now or never.

When we are living in a complete 1984-esque society I for one want to be able to tell my children we at least tried - that we made a stand and were crushed. I'd much rather be able to tell them that than to say we simply bent over hands at the ankles and begged for it from our oppressors.

If this does not spread now...it will be too late. We need peaceful protests nationwide- against police brutality but so much more as well.

edit on 21-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
America needs to take stock.

The only protest that will work now is one where thousands of armed 'we the people' line up and just stare the police down. That is what it will take and that is the only protest that will have an affect.

You have the second amendment.

For the sake of the Republic ..... USE IT!

P

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I would prefer a Nationwide Day of Truth. As far as I know, it would be the first.

Rage has never made anything better.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
I would prefer a Nationwide Day of Truth. As far as I know, it would be the first.

Rage has never made anything better.

"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Rage made our country independent from England.

The end.

"That is all."

edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
For those of you who are in a hurry...and want a list of the cities...here is a quote from the article.

"The details then list event locations and times for events in Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Carson City, Chicago, Columbus (OH), Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Durham, Lansing, Little Rock, Los Angeles, Memphis, Milwaukee, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City (Manhattan), Newark, Oakland, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland (OR), Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Tucson, and Washington, DC."

I live in Seattle and there has already been a couple of peaceful protests...if nationwide protests happen today...I hope and pray they are peaceful...but I do have some doubt.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As long as they keep their raging (looting) in their own neighborhoods, let them be.

I work from 9-5 and like to relax at home after. I'd hate to experience their sort of protesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Bottom up/top down is what Van Jones calls it! The bottom in this case being the ghetto rats and the top being the government. Being that the grand jury will not reveal their decision until October possibly, do you see the timing involved with the November elections? I certainly do! They are scared and desperate, they need their base to riot! That way they can whip up support, motivate their dejected serfs, and cling on to power! It will not work. America has had enough with this experiment gone wrong.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The death of Mike Brown has been a catalyst for people to wake up around the United States. People are seeing now more then ever how Constitutionally guaranteed rights are being stripped away. Protest is no longer acceptable in the eyes of the government and Ferguson was a prime example of this. LRAD audio weapons, MRAP armored trucks, cops with assault rifles, snipers pointing their weapon at American citizens... None of that is warranted or necessary.

We are all in serious danger. Not from protesters, not from looters, from our government. America has been asleep for too long, and if Mike Brown was what it took to wake the sleeping masses then so be it. We can't trust any one but ourselves. Trust the government? Trust the people who gave us the Patriot Act? Trust the people who brought us un warranted digital surveillance, the NSA, and a 'media' system that spews propaganda instead of news. No. Not any more.

Rage is long over due in this country. The government has bailed out big business and stuck the common man with the bill. When i screw up who the hell bails me out? Who bails us out? No one, certainly not the government. The protests today will stand in solidarity with Ferguson and against police brutality. You have seen how quickly Martial Law was rolled out in St. Louis county. Any one who believes that's an isolated incident need to take the red pill. Ferguson is the beginning, the line in the sand has been drawn and the American people are taking sides. Broken promises from a government controlled by corporations will no longer suffice. If 'they' make peaceful protest impossible, they make violent protest inevitable.

Are you willing to sacrifice your freedom and liberty for some feeling of safety? If you answer yes to that kindly stay in your homes, lock the doors and windows, turn on some movies and ignore the world. If you answered no to that question it may be time to do something about it.

Rage it up America. Rage loud and make sure the feds hear you.

After all is said and done the only people to blame for this situation is US. Yes, US. Look in a mirror, point a finger at yourself and say "I am responsible for my country falling apart and now I'm going to rise up and stop the government from destroying our country." We are all to blame. It's time to fix the jacked up mess we helped create.
edit on 21-8-2014 by AnonyMason because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This would also be a great way for a terrorist group to have plenty of people around in very large cities to do something nasty at each cities capitol building. Looks like that is where they are calling for most of the gatherings. I can see ISIS using this as a nice way to walk right into a large crowd and BOOM....hell, one of the calls is for a protest right outside the White House.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow. To let the fear of a terrorist attack stand in the way of the peoples right to assemble... That means terrorism has won. And damn right. Protest should be held in front of the white house every day just as a reminder to king Obama that some of us still value our rights as free Americans.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Wow. To let the fear of a terrorist attack stand in the way of the peoples right to assemble... That means terrorism has won. And damn right. Protest should be held in front of the white house every day just as a reminder to king Obama that some of us still value our rights as free Americans.

Not saying it will stand in anybody's way...just saying this would be a prime opportunity to hit a large target with a crowd assembled. Outside of that, what exactly are they protesting? I mean it is becoming more and more clear that it was a justified shooting. I guess the truth really doesn't matter when you can make the majority believe what you want.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I found a list of exactly where these protests are to take place today.

Link: www.snopes.com...

For instance here in the city I live in Seattle is where the rally and protest will be held. Scroll down the page a bit and you will see it.

"Seattle: 4:00PM (QUEEN ANNE BAPTIST CHURCH, 2011 1st Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109)"

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

In my opinion you will see a range of protest items. Police brutality, justice for the Brown family since Darren Wilson still has not been indicted, imposed martial law, media censorship, media arrests. There are a great deal of people keenly aware of just how many blatant breaches of the constitution have taken place in recent days, and they are not happy.

It's your opinion that the fatal shooting of mike brown was warranted, however evidence is still very shotty. Eye witness accounts conflict heavily with what police are reporting, and the way police have handled the whole situation has only further agitated the community of Ferguson, and others around the country and world. There are protestsers in russia, there is support from people in Gaza, support from England... Like I said, Ferguson has turned into a catalyst for expressions of protest on many fronts: political, social, and civil rights.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Please remember that recently the Department of Homeland Security was PUT DOWN, by ARMED US CITIZENS at Clive Bundys Ranch... They will not let that situation happen again, EVER. To allow this agency to roll in and take control of security could be a major disaster. The spinning heads at DHS are hoping the Black community will stay the course with throwing bottles and occasional shots towards police... Rioters are different than Armed Militia. Militia units are organized and focused on the concept of Vital Terrain. Rioters just want to scream, throw rocks and bottles, loot and destroy.

No good shall come of this situation if DHS gets further involved. Just massive bloodshed.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Yeah! How dare they stomp our constitutional rights to rob stores, blow out LEOs orbital sockets and be high on whatever drug we want while jay walking! Yeah! The man is keeping us down!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I put this in the other thread about the day of " ".

It's the truth.

Anon really does not know St. Louis at all. The Arch grounds are under construction as St. Louis City tries to connect the Arch to the rest of St. Louis (highway 70/55 cuts the Arch and the Old Cathedral from the rest of the city). Not a really good place to protest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join