It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Foley beheading a Fake?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Pardon me, if I may interject some thoughts and comments. Firstly, I do believe the video is heavily edited, and the end result was the decapitation of Mr. Foley. A poster, about mid-thread, suggested a link to a website. Please, if you have not, visit that website.

There are some stills from the video, one in particular, is when the barbarian begins to cut. It is a close-up, and indeed, it shows blood.

Medically, I can tell you, that until you hit arteries, razor sharp wounds do not bleed immediately, in fact, are slow to bleed. There is a rush of blood, not much, from tissue, then arteries and large vessels are what produces voluminous blood. The video was cut away well before it reached that stage. Watching any surgery video in which a scalpel is used will prove that point.

The knife that was used is pictured on the ground, next to the corpse, in another still, in which the head was placed upon the victims' back. The knife had been cleaned, and appears to be a katana style knife. I actually own about 7 or 8 of these, myself. Trust me, a nice, sharp katana would suffice nicely for the horrible deed it was used for.

Considering said knife had been cleaned, then staged next to the corpse, which had also been staged with the head upon the back, lends to reasonable summation that once the deed was done, the corpse itself was also staged.

You should also lend some credence to the fact that, drugged or not, this man likely immediately went into shock. Anyone in that situation would. The shock and horror that fills you at that moment must be unspeakable. You will notice, also, that he appears to raise his knee in an attempt to begin to fight. Between likely being shackled, handcuffed, drugged, and then disabled by the grip on his chin and head positioning, there was little to nothing he could do. Immediately as the video cut away, you can detect a small gutteral sound begin from inside him, as horrific as it is.

Also, in the video, but more noticeable in the still, you will see one of his shoes by his right foot, and, a mark on his ankle. The mark on his ankle appears to be from some type of longterm use of a restraint. It is present only on the right ankle, not the left. The browning of his skin on his ankle proves he had been shackled long term, as any type of anklet or jewelry would not leave a mark such as that. It was tight.

The extremeties would pale when drained of blood, which they are. Blueish and grayish is when body fluids, namely blood, are still present in the corpse. This is called lividity. If there is no blood, there is no lividity.

There is blood on the back, beneath the head, in sufficient amount one may expect after a celebratory waving around. Similar to other beheading images at the website. A large pooling at the neck, not unreasonable.

It has already been stated in other beheading instances, such as the Daniel Pearl video, the captives are heavily sedated prior to the beheading to make them struggle less. This is not inconceiveable, though Pearl struggled dearly.

Also, look at how the barbarian grabs him under his chin, and raises his head back, up, and against him. This forceful motion, then entrapment of the chin in such a manner, tends to render a person rather unable to do anything. The tactic seems to be used in most of the beheadings, as can be witnessed at the above mentioned website. There are dozens, and dozens of stills, particularly of the soldiers from Syria, whose families were sent their beheading photos. They also tend to bury a finger into the eye socket, for stability.

As to why the actual act was cut away? This doesn't really take a lot to figure out. It was "A message to America and Americans". They are at least smart enough to know that a full beheading video would not be aired on television, let alone carried on most MSM outlets. Particularly after the Daniel Pearl kerfuffle. The video did last longer, online, than this one. They wanted to reach a broader audience, and acheived that goal. The only way they could do that was to sanitize the video.

They are also smart enough to know that Americans are becoming notorious for short attention spans, and live a 144 character life. The shorter the better, TLDR, etc. The guy was British, afterall. He probably reads dailymail.co.uk, along with the rest of us. Who, in fact, carried the story, too, didn't they?

www.dailymail.co.uk... -extremists-known-The-Beatles.html

Even then, we are now seeing media blowback, and censoring of what little there is, even stills. This is largely due to the fact that ISIS has twitter and Facebook accounts, and started tweeting celebratory stills from the video, mocking and laughing, taunting Americans.

What began as an attempt to quell propaganda from ISIS ends up in downright censorship, because, as has been mentioned about Daniel Pearl, MSM and online media are being heavily criticised, and facing public backlash, for spreading propaganda, and giving ISIS the attention they seek.

With Daniel Pearl, it was largely stated, "We need to see this. We need to realize, and see what brutality we are up against."

That meme has changed now, to "Why must we see this? We don't need to see this anymore. We get it."

So, you can largely blame a vast public outcry, or, choose to put your head in the sand because you feel helpless, and unable to do anything about it.

This works, up and until it starts happening here, and, from many signs, including rallies in Ferguson where someone was holding up a sign, "ISIS is here", we can continue to pretend it's all fakery, until it hits our hometown.

Then, will it be so fake, anymore?

edit on 23-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Okay. I finally watched it. Why would the "terrorist" edit the film right before the head is removed? That would be a first. Terrorist use beheading as a shock and wouldn't edit out the best part, IMO. Very suspicious. I watched many other beheading videos so that I could get a better sense of how they look. -Stuff that no human on earth should ever have to go through. I cannot imagine going out that way. This being said, again, this video screams fake LOOK AT ME!!! It's BS. The terrorists know that liberal media will block out the deed so they wouldn't even bother, IMO. Until I see the unedited video there's no convincing me otherwise. These MossadCIA agents must've had problems making it look real and know that in this day and age that it wouldn't pass the smell test, hence, why it's edited. And there isn't enough blood either, based on the real beheadings that I watched. But I bet TPTB feel confident enough to start bombing "ISIS", who is in a bunch of Muslim countries!!! I smell a big operation coming on.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Great...now that's settled at last. Have you called the governments, MSM and liberal media....and his parents?

They should know by your experienced expertise in video production and editing techniques as a field-qualified expert to set us straight...
that everyone was wrong and the video faked.

Let us know what they say when you tell them your final conclusion that it's evident that the evidence, is evidently flawed and faked...(evidently).*

*My sarcasm based on ludicrous, theoretical, non-professional, opinion, observations, assumptions and conclusions on video analysis determined to be fact as faked...

Still....youre entitled to pass forgone conclusions as fact.

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: splckr

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation
Same kind of strange behavior amongst parents at Sandy Hook. I agree. The parents of Foley seem like they memorized this and was just going the motions. Very odd people. If parents' kid was beheaded, I would think they would be traumatized and it would be apparent on their faces and in their voices. Not these two agents because it's fake just like they are. Ice cold lunatics. Evil.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
I can edit videos. Easy peezy. I'm also an audio engineer. I'm a photographer, too, and have many hundreds of hours of Photoshop experience. I'm also one of the best guitarists in the world. I also am very efficient on many other musical instruments. I'm an engineer of life. Sometimes I'll ask someone else something that I already know just so I can have a conversation and maybe better myself. I also hunt and have beheaded many deer and other animals, so I have a little expertise in that area as well. My opinion is that this vid is fake. About as fake as his parents. This is to help set up more war by the Zionists to destabilize Muslim countries so that they cannot get ahead of Israel. Syria, then Iran. But It's just my opinion and I appreciate that you disagree with it, even though I detect sarcastic and insulting tones. And why would I call the very people who are creating all these false-flag events and tell them that I know?? lol

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

The knife used is a Aitor Jungle King 2

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sooo... has anyone posted comparison photos yet?

On the left is "Jim Foley" before being executed and on the right is the actual Jim Foley.
They don't even look like they could be half blood brothers.

edit on 10/12/10 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/10 by anicetus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I believe that it is real and not a fake. ISIS is well funded, well educated and politically savvy, whether one agrees with their tactics. What makes them so much more dangerous than just a "terrorist" organization is that they are educated and funded. They did not need to post the entire beheading to get their point across. Those were not fake tears and fake breakdowns from their family.

ISIS is getting stronger and richer by the day because of the oil they are stealing and selling on the black market. This is truly a ruthless and dangerous enemy of the free world and one that "NObama" needs to take seriously!!!
a reply to: wutang717

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I believe it is REAL.. in most of our minds and the whole reason we come here is the conspiracy mind thought that most of us have.. and don't get me wrong, that is not a bad thing.. I believe these animals who did this to that man are highly intelligent and have a well thought out plan for controlling a large area of land.. and if we do not do anything SOON, than this will be so far out of hand we may never really be able to squash these bugs...
We need to get in there, BOOTS on the ground in syria AND iraq.. Take these monsters out.. every last one of them.. oh i wish they would bring bk the draft and allow us to eradicate these monsters.. If we don't do it now, it will be too late.. BOOTS on the ground!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ca reply to: mdl59

ISIS is also making millions by kidnapping journalists and selling them for ransom back to their home countries. They, in fact, had contacted Mr. Foley's family weeks before they executed him, originally demanding millions for his safe return.

The family had email contact with ISIS, and it was during this time that the attempted, botched rescue attempt was made.

Several of the released journalists have come forward now, all of them French, and spoken of Mr. Foley, and his kindness.

Marie Harf explained in a video that it was this ranson money that was largely funding this terrorism, hence why the US refused to pay any ransom, and why ISIS killed him.

The family knew, one week before the beheading video came out, that he was to be executed.

Here is a thread with the above mentioned videos, and other information mentioned, with links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anicetus

You can tell it's him. Ears are like fingerprints, and his ears, in every pic, match.

Being held captive, let alone not being seen for two years, can make changes in ones' physical appearance. I was held captive by someone for nearly a year, and once I escaped and knocked on my own fathers' door, he didn't recognize me.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Its possible this man knew these were his lasts moments and didn't want to be remembered as a snivelling weasel.

It's also possible that your comment is very offensive and disrespectful, as if people breaking down in the face of having their head chopped off would represent being a "sniveling weasel." How about you go hang out with ISIS and let's see how you act when your time comes.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
why would they / he fake it

The US and West need a perpetual enemy to rally the populace for otherwise unpopular military excursions or intelligence operations. To "manufacture" that consent, such videos would help the population arrive at the desired state of mind, that of supporting further military spending and action in the ME. Groups like ISIS were funded in Syria and Libya by the West.

Now, although this might be the motive IF such a video were faked (out of a bigger propaganda campaign), it does not mean it WAS faked. Answer your question?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It could be the same dude. But, another question is why does Folley out of captivity look like a nice nerdy hipster journalist, but Foley in captivity looks like he is from prison break, been eating huge amount of food, and lifting weights heavily? Or at least gained a lot of weight?

edit on 23-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed excessive quote.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This thread seems to be a attempt to apologize for the actions of those that don't know the meaning of COEXIST.
Reminds me of this:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

look at that neck for pete's sake ..

I've seen no one answer or explain(conveniently) a question posed by someone about his appearance in this execution video .. which is ..

he looks quite robust and bigger than he looks in other pictures and interviews .. look at that neck .. your neck isn't going to grow like that when you're being underfed and tortured in captivity .. he's very lean in other pictures and interviews .. but in his execution video he looks like he's gained weight ..

and the fact that this is being censored and threatened with criminal charges if you watch it in the UK is laughable .. have they done this with other beheading videos in the UK ? .. they're also trying to censor it on liveleak .. since when does liveleak censor anything or censor beheadings
edit on 23-8-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: removed excessive quote

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

The journalists that were held with Mr. Foley said that he was habitually tortured with mock executions, and even hung in a crucified positition for a time. It is not unreasonable to think he may have considered this was another mock up, up until the man actually began sawing on his throat. Seeing the video, at one point, the man takes a step closer to Mr. Foley while he is speaking his script, almost as if he expected him to go off script, argue, or to interject his own thoughts or opinions. My immediate reaction was, "This is a warning, don't waiver from what you are supposed to be saying".

It seems totally fathomable this was rehearsed, and more than once. If you were to find yourself in that situation several times, then put back in your dungeon in shackles, you would, at some point, allow the mental guard to slip, feeling that if you just do what you are told, you will go back to your dungeon.

The psychology behind being a captive, enslaved and shackled, is complex, and seriously complicated to understand until you find yourself in that position.

You will bargain, empathize, smpathize, even find yourself agreeing to their opinions. When it comes to survival, even the strongest wills can be broken, and many armchair warriors will refuse, or be able to comprehend this.

Some would even call a person a traitor for such behaviour, when that is a wholly unfair thing to do. Also, keep in mind, this man was a journalist, and not military. Regardless of how strong his will was to remain an American, he would bargain, and likely agree to most anything, to survive one more day, or escape or eventually be freed, alive.

The matter of life and death, mere basic survival, unless faced with that in real life, is something no one can predict how they will behave. You don't truly know, until it happens to you.

This is not directed at you, but, the message you replied to, and a good place, it seemed, to interject the information, as it were.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't understand people that think this is a conspiracy.

If this video was used to get support to start more military operations in the middle east.
Then you guys haven't seen the rest of crazy horrific stuff coming from that part of the world right now.
It is horrible that Foley had to die this way, but it is almost insignificant compared to whats happening in Syria and Iraq right now.

What they do there right now to people is unbelievable, from what I have seen from videos on the internet.

ISIS needs to be dealt with, with or without this video.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

can you or someone please be so kind as to answer/explain the post above yours ? .. why does he look so healthy and robust in this video ? .. with a thicker neck .. why does he look like he's gained weight .. being tortured daily and doing mock executions doesn't leave you with much time to look after your nutrition and weightlifting regimen
edit on 23-8-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: removed excessive quote

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dude77

Leading up to his execution, the ISIS terrosits had already been capturing, then bargaining, for the release of up to approximately 8 french journalists.

They had been in communication with the family of Mr. Foley for a period of time, not exactly sure of the exact amount of time, but it may have been as much as two months.

The french journalists that have come forward, that were held in the same dark, undrground dungeon as Mr. Foley, have already described how little they saw daylight.

Take someone who was physically fit, and basically restrain them to one place. Even with a reduction of calories, and actually in the face of such, the body stores every calorie not immediately needed, as fat. Starvation mode does exactly this. This is why obese people who insist they eat very little actually gain weight. Lack of physical exercise only adds to this.

Secondly, ISIS was in hopeful anticipation that the government, or perhaps the family, the journalists' organization, someone - would pool together the ransom money in sufficient amount to assure his freedom. They wanted to present him as "well taken care of", as has been stated before.

Suddenly feeding someone who has been in starvation mode for a period of time is an assured way of making them gain weight, rapidly. Again, ask any dieter that has lost weight, then slips off the wagon and returns to their old ways. Weight returns rapidly, sometimes at double or more, the amount lost.

Couple that with a lack of exercuse due to restraint and immobility = fattening up, and loss of muscle tone, which only adds to that appearance.

You can notice immediately, his arms are no longer toned and strong, but soft and plump. He has been held like this for two years.

He likely lost most, upwards of 60-80% of his muscle tone. Last to go is large muscle groups, like thigh and calf muscles. In men, especially.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join