It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Foley beheading a Fake?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: knightsofcydonia
Since they have been running around burning churches and killing innocent victims it's hard to understand what the motivation would be to fake this particular video. However, the thought did cross my mind.

That's like saying that you will eat every spoonful of $hite that the MSM will feed you! Do you actually believe what you see on the television? Or have you been there to see an ISIL member burn a church?

I thought ATS were for those that didn't blindly follow? WTH

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The first part is staged, they must have gone through the script multiple time with multiple isis soldiers.
Multiple accents, and foley was filmed multiple times.

They used a UK accent on purpose to get the UK + US against each other.
Most probably to get a HomeLandSecurity type body passed in the UK.

The body at the end is real. Just look at the lower legs.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
seemed faked to me. i mean they didn't even show the whole beheading and it was edited.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lol this guy a reply to: agentscoly

its called islamic fascism. But I'm sure you will have to google that term to understand its meaning.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video

uk.reuters.com...

and

U.S. Forces Tried to Rescue Slain Journalist James Foley, Other ISIS Hostages
nymag.com...

They knew where he was, but by the time they there he was gone

President Obama authorized the raid after U.S. intelligence debriefed European hostages released by ISIS last spring. "We knew exactly where [Foley] was from the released hostages," said Philip Balboni, president and chief executive of Foley's employer, Global­Post. "We knew that his immediate jailers were British jihadists." One of the released hostages memorized a letter from Foley and recited it to his parents over the phone.

It's unclear why ISIS released the six journalists, who are Spanish and French, but unlike the United States, some European countries and companies have paid for releases. According to an investigation by the New York Times, Al Qaeda and its affiliates have earned at least $125 million in ransom payments during the last five years.

It all fake, the Yezidis and the Christians being annihilated are all extras too.
edit on 013131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

No mystery ISisRAELohim

Jesus would probably say the following-
Beware of the ones that call themselves Jews but are not
Beware of the ones that call themselves Muslim but are not
Beware of the ones that call themselves Christian but are not.

Then he'd say ..Go pass it on. Spiritual Awakenings have expiration dates on them and if you don't pass it on and give it away freely you will be flying blind.
edit on 22-8-2014 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of the points raised by other posters in this thread. There are a lot of things which make the video seem like it could easily be a fake.

On the flipside maybe ISIS did that on purpose to create distrust in the media and governments?

A point about the video I noticed, where is the neck in the after part of the video? There seems to be no neck on the head or the body. Another reason to think it could be staged.

There are a lot of reasons why an enemy of ISIS, and there are many, could stage this.
edit on 22-8-2014 by JimTSpock because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

watch this video, it was enough to heavily convince me that this was a set-up, the guy that made this video has put times for the specific things he has pointed out.www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i'm convinced it's a 100% fabricated video. look at pics of James Foley and look at the guy in the beheading video... are we supposed to believe a person who is a captive of "ISIS" can get that buff? the guy looks like Special Forces. i doubt it even more so when looking at Foley's LinkdIn and it lists USAid as an employer. ***coughCIAFRONTcough***

one of the released prisoners had this to say...

He told the French TV network i-Tele that Foley, like the other hostages, had been subjected to mock executions, including one particularly gruesome episode in which he was “made to pose as if he was being crucified against a wall.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 22-8-2014 by boast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I see no real reason for faking this video - there's enough verifiable footage of IS barbarity to not need to create any fakes.

In any event, the reason for cutting away from the actual act seems fairly obvious to me -

1. IS are demonstrably media conscious - this video reflects the media standards of the West as it's most likely been created by Western jihadis for a Western audience.

2. A relatively bloodless video increases the mainstream 'shareability' of it. Brutal stuff still, no doubt, but the video as is doesn't fall foul of many site's content policies where a full beheading would.

3. The West has seen beheadings in full detail. It's not as shocking as it once was - it's the victim and his nationality that's supposed to be shocking in this instance, not the act itself.

As for the quality of the video - that's no surprise either. Given there's definitely British jihadis with IS, they've just bought a $500 camera and a laptop with them. I could probably film and edit that on my smartphone with similar results.

As a final point - a French hostage who was held with Foley said today that they'd been subject to many mock executions. It might well be that Foley had been made to read that script and prepare himself many, many times. It could be that they decided to kill him when they had the 'take' they wanted. Horrible but possibly true.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is a serious question. What do the people in this thread do when they're driving and come up to a red light? Do you

1. Stop because it's the sane thing to do
2. Drive through it because it doesn't fit with your narrative
3. Drive through it because everything negative is a CIA ploy
4. Drive through it because it must be a Zionist plot

I guess 75% of the time your genes get wiped out so the world wins. You guys have gotten so screwed in the head you won't believe it until you're being beheaded.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
people believe it's fake because we have long term memories

USS Maine sunk by Spanish mine = fake
had Op Northwoods been pulled off = fake
Gulf of Tonkin Incident = fake
Iraqis dumping babies out of incubators in Kuwait = fake
Saddam has Yellowcake and other WMDs = fake
Assad's attacks with chemicals = fake

all wars are started on lies.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Its possible this man knew these were his lasts moments and didn't want to be remembered as a snivelling weasel.

I generally agree with your statement, in terms of its logic. Yes, that is a perfectly valid answer to the question posed, and is along the lines of what I'd have thought as well.

That said, I massively disagree with your wording. "Snivelling [sic] weasel?"

First of all, "weasel" when used as slang, generally means something like:

a devious or sneaky person.

So are you saying that crying would somehow make him devious and cunning, or was that simply a very poorly-chosen phrase?

Second, "sniveling." Okay, at its simplest level that word means "crying and sniffling." However, there is a decidedly negative connotation to this word. It implies whining. And whining implies lamenting or complaining over something trivial.

Being kidnapped and held prisoner for several years, only to reach the end of the road where your head is cut off on video, is NOT trivial. I daresay anyone would be justified in being upset over such a thing. And I assure you that a good 99.9% of people on this site (including myself, and probably yourself) would probably shake and cry like little girls in such a situation.

I don't know if you've ever had a masked stranger in a position of power point a weapon at you with intent, but I have, and I assure you it's quite intimidating.

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Its possible this man knew these were his lasts moments and didn't want to be remembered as a snivelling weasel.

That is exactly how he looked though. Why not go out in a blaze of glory, telling them to.......well, you know. He showed NO signs of physical torture anyway.

HA!

Really?

I truly hope you never end up in such a situation, but it would be sort of entertaining to watch what a "blaze of glory" you'd go out in. lol

Why do armchair heroes always seem so.... clueless?

Here's a little clue, for those without one: "Courage" does not mean "not being scared." It means "being scared and facing it anyway."

Many of those who claim they have no fear are delusional, mentally unstable, or flat-out lying. Most real heroes feel the fear and face it anyway. Just saying...

edit on 22-8-2014 by iwilliam because: formatting. stuff. also things.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Over 700 UK Muslim citizens have joined ISIS in the last few months, as such it's not that much of a shock to have an English jihad committing this horrific act.

Around 400 as well as similar numbers from other western nations, the be-header though isn't English nor speaks it with an "English accent".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wutang717
The thing that made it real to me, Foley's last big breath before it cuts to black.

Although I do find it very strange that a group like ISIS would CARE to even edit a video like this, that's the part I just don't get, mostly everyone know's what they are doing to woman and children but yet they edit a video to the Americans?? WHY???

Maybe it as an other see aye aaa game. Now the british and the US have reason to spent money overthere.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The video does look remarkably clean.

But, I think this was IS/ISIS attempt to "go wide" with a mass distributed beheading vid aimed straight at the American people, the White House, and Obama himself. They had to tailor this video for mass media consumption.

A seven-minute, gruesome, stomach-turning decapitation scene would thwart these goals. Hence, they cleaned it up, edited out the most gruesome aspects, and the final result is what we have.

The main reason I don't personally think it's fake is that I just can't see any viable motivation to fake the man's death. He's a photo journalist. If he was a world renowned nuclear physicist, chemical engineer, or something of that nature, I might entertain the thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I really didn't want to watch it since I have watched too many all too real videos of beheadings and it is too disturbing anymore. This claim of it being faked or stage sparked my interest and I decided to see for myself, ready for what was to come. I have to admit that the full scope of horror of this barbaric act was edited out, only to skip to the final result at the end of the video. Why it was hidden is a mystery to me since so many other videos show the full horror of this kind of death. It is an extremely shocking, brutal thing to witness and instantly twists logic to a different level. I have damaged my own soul by watching other videos and will always get a sick feeling just thinking about it. I literally have to force the thoughts out of my mind to stop the torture of the images forever seared into my mind. Who knows why this one is different, but if you listen at the end of the video you can hear the beginning sounds of him vocally struggling with the pain this act brings. As far as the knife being too small, I think if sharpened to razorlike properties, it would definitly be sufficient.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you look at Foley in the video and look at any other photo of him you will notice he is way more thick and buffed in the vid. Just compare the necks. Why would ISIS let this guy workout while in captivity? That vertical line/wrinkle down the left middle of his the forehead is not seen in any photo either. This is not the same guy. Similar looking at a distance but lots of differences when comparing the two.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

big problem with your picture, when the beheaded starts to go in he is in front of Foley not behind. But you do bring a valid point of how easy it would be to fake this on a green screen.

the more and more I think about this video, the more I come to the conclusion it is propaganda to start another war, it honestly in a weird way reminds me of the Tonkin incident, Americans always get war hunger after these type of things.

what needs to be done is a coalition of a few countries putting aside their differences to out this sick demented dog down for g

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join