It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Special Ops Contractors & Former Navy SEALS Deploying to #Ferguson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Bama is too busy golfing. He implied the ISIL guys were dodo heads at a press conference and then went back to golf.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I am sure that many private businesses that own buildings will be hiring extra protection from security agencies to protect their property from looting, specially if the police is too busy trying to control protestors falling into chaos, their main issue will be keeping the city and government safe, private businesses will be the last thing they will be protecting.

I am sure that the president or any politician that will be visiting will have plenty of secret service to keep them safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

American government officials use private security overseas under the guise of the state department especially diplomatic security, so you never know who's really who.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is clearly marketing project. Look at all those fashion models!
Profit does not care if someone dies in the process. Never did.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yes I know, but what I am interested in is how much shooting power private security have over civilians compare to let say city police or is illegal for private security forces to engage civilian population in an armed conflict.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

generally speaking it depends on the mission for example some teams could be armed with side arms concealed and a primary SMG or carbine exposed rolling about 4-5 deep on an in close team and then an equally armed if not heavier armed team on the support unit with about 5-8 guys or it could be just one guy with a concealed with his boss and the rest of the team in a support position it could be mixed and they could have sniper over watch and aerial assets etc it really just depends on the mission. As far as how they engage they only engage to protect the lives of their principle everything else doesn't matter much, with that said that doesn't mean they will lay waste to a whole city or anything like that if they have to return fire they will be on the hook with local PD etc etc they are not there for combat or law enforcement they are there to protect their boss and get paid.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks, that is what I was thinking about, remember Katrina, it was security private forces during the rescue missions, but they never engaged in any shootings. So I wonder if laws in the US will limit the ability of security private forces to engage civilian population in case of riots and violence.

I can only imagine that when it comes to security whatever happens will fall under the same rules as somebody that is trying to defend him or herself from a deadly attack.

In other words is no like let say a combat zone, when the riots in 1992, the insurrection act was invoked by the government but the military forces that were deployed in Los Angeles were there to establish order, they never engaged the civilian population.

Well I guess this could be a long topic if we just try to digested using the local state and federal laws and only speculation, so let see what happen next in Missouri.

But nerveless is interesting, to speculate a littler bit.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
As a 'Conspiracy Theorist', I see this as a good chance to whack Holder, whereby they get rid of an embarrassing player, and have an excuse for Martial Law.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
is no one questioning the "Army Delta " tag?

Who the hell says that?

Delta Force isnt an Army Detachment.........

First thing right off the bat that makes my ears perk up that there could be some BS going on

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Obviously people do not read the entire story. Seems to happen a lot. These guys are not going there to interfere with anyone, or harass or shoot protesters. They are going there for a particular target, and that is likely to protect them, and get them out safely. And the spelling bee line, as someone already pointed out was a joke. They misspelled Ferguson, and so they then came back and said they would not be deploying anyone to a spelling bee...Because obviously they cannot spell. Meaning that going to a spelling bee would be useless because they suck at it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

If the authorities are not going to protect your business, this is one alternative I suppose.

I pity the poor fool who........

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have heard others on here bring it up and I am starting to have my suspicions myself. How do the feds get "real life" data for population control in a domestic urban environment? Especially an environment that is very sensitive to such powers ever being invoked on them. I am having a creeping suspicion that the length of this ordeal, and the hysteria could possibly be exploited to run "real world" exercises. This particular exercise seems focused on extraction of a target within a controlled population. Or whatever. I makes sense to me that private contractors would be hired to conduct these.

The age old question as to would a nations military personnel control it's own population which would include their own families in many cases. To the PTB it is not a question of will they are not, it will be "How do we make them?" The answer some might come up with is keep the military personnel just as confused and out of the loop as the citizens. That would include the planning process. When the SHTF, the military will be given orders just as usual and you don't doubt them just as usual because you don't know what is going on.
edit on 20-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Do you seriously not know what a spelling bee is?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Not surprised.

They may be there to provide security for Govt officials. Or, assist with the looters/rioters.

They were brought in for the Bundy Ranch thing as well.

On a side note, my brother and I have been approached by a handful of other Vets, with the thought to head up and offer a unified security protection group for business owners.

The PMC may be heading there to do just that, provide security for businesses that are being damaged and stolen from.

edit on 20-8-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Not surprised.

They may be there to provide security for Govt officials. Or, assist with the looters/rioters.

They were brought in for the Bundy Ranch thing as well.

On a side note, my brother and I have been approached by a handful of other Vets, with the thought to head up and offer a unified security protection group for business owners.

The PMC may be heading there to do just that, provide security for businesses that are being damaged and stolen from.

I didn't realize they were at the Bundy Ranch...how did I miss that?...maybe I saw it and it didn't stick all this time.

Yeah, I don't think they are there for anything nefarious as I and most have stated. I'm really curious who they are there on the behalf of and how many clients they picked up in the area.

As far as the conspiracy side of it goes, being there as private mercenaries, they (the company) sure wouldn't advertise on Twitter they are heading to that event...a point that might be escaping some.

edit on PMWednesdayWednesdayth2014000000Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:51:08 -05002014-08-20T19:51:08-05:00America/Chicago1 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

edit on PMWednesdayWednesdayth2014000000Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:51:59 -05002014-08-20T19:51:59-05:00America/Chicago1 by AllSourceIntel because: grammar

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

They were also at the Brady Bunch... (which is what I read at first glance lol )

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I cannot believe some of you are still hung up on Michael Brown. This is not about Michael Brown anymore.

This is about the paramiltary occupation forces descending on American streets and trampling our Constitution whilst they tear gas and shoot the media with rubber bullets.

Still you see the SAME POSTERS over and over again repeating the words 'rioting and looting.'

Newsflash - the entire world has been watching the live feeds for the past few nights. There has been no looting. The crowd has been doing everything in its' power to contain itself while the police shoot tear gas, advance their lines, and make random arrests.

Still you see the same idiots dismissing it all because of the make believe 'looting and rioting.' Yes it happened at first - it no longer is.

The crowd is only yelling while the police are antagonizing them. Do you posters even watch the live feeds? Or do you just like talking out of your ass?

This is about our Constitution being absolutely destroyed. And even half of ATS supports it. I repeat god help us all.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I cannot believe some of you are still hung up on Michael Brown. This is not about Michael Brown anymore.

This is about the paramiltary occupation forces descending on American streets and trampling our Constitution whilst they tear gas and shoot the media with rubber bullets.

Still you see the SAME POSTERS over and over again repeating the words 'rioting and looting.'

Newsflash - the entire world has been watching the live feeds for the past few nights. There has been no looting. The crowd has been doing everything in its' power to contain itself while the police shoot tear gas, advance their lines, and make random arrests.

Still you see the same idiots dismissing it all because of the make believe 'looting and rioting.' Yes it happened at first - it no longer is.

The crowd is only yelling while the police are antagonizing them. Do you posters even watch the live feeds? Or do you just like talking out of your ass?

This is about our Constitution being absolutely destroyed. And even half of ATS supports it. I repeat god help us all.

I know you are not referencing me here...and you are not, and never will, convince anyone of your point of argument with your stated tone...no matter how right you may be...and I am on your side for the most part...but it has been shown there are indeed small groups provoking and doing the things mentioned...no looting or rioting per say the last couple days, but throwing objects and raising hell...which may, or may not be, the agenda of a certain group, or groups, and will, in almost every instance, increase the violence on both ends.

Please keep this thread on topic by disussing who or what this company may be tasked to protect...
edit on PMWednesdayWednesdayth2014000000Wed, 20 Aug 2014 22:09:40 -05002014-08-20T22:09:40-05:00America/Chicago1 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

...any citizen has the right to arrest a malefactor and bring him before a magistrate. "The law of England and of this country," he wrote, "has been very careful to confer no more right in that respect upon policemen and constables than it confers on every citizen." State exercise of that right through a police force had gone on so steadily that not only were citizens indisposed to exercise it, but probably not one in ten thousand knew he had it.

... every assumption of State power, whether by gift or seizure, leaves society with so much less power; there is never, nor can there be, any strengthening of State power without a corresponding and roughly equivalent depletion of social power.
Our Enemy the State by Albert Jay Nock 1935

The situation is a symptom of a larger failure by the population to pursue the real facts of life. Not the population's fault, but by what ever means and circumstances, ignorant people will lose eventually.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join