It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Special Ops Contractors & Former Navy SEALS Deploying to #Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They're probably getting ready for when the announcement comes down that the shooting was justified and there won't be any charges brought against the officer.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Isn't Eric Holder in town today? Dollars to donuts that's who they're there because of. That's not all that bad of an idea, what kind of crap would go down if someone tried to take a shot at him? I think these boys would be less liable to be unjustifiably "twitchy" than the local PD has been in that event (not saying it could happen, but anything's possible right now)

Pretty sure Holder has his own security detail from the POTUS. These guys are there for some type of extraction, not a protection detail.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was really hoping these guys were give the LEOs proper training.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"spelling bee" might refer to the fact that Manilla (sic) and Peshwar (sic) are both misspelled as well in the tweets thaat were sent out. Who knows what they mean as long as Holder is footing the bill himself for the "extra protection" from his personal jet to his meeting and back.

We wouldn't want a racist to catch him on the ground unprtected would we?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
That's what I was thinking too, but wouldn't the secret service be there for him, or would these guys be "extra" protection?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Americans have the right to protest-not to LOOT.

I'm hoping that the SEALs take down all of the looters by any means necessary.

That is the LEO's job first and foremost, but when it was all happening they were either to juiced up to get involved and do their real job and stop it or wanted to let the looters run ramped in front of the world media.
Why make the task an out sourced SOF personnel job when the state paid personnel are there to do it? or is it that they cant.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

That is the LEO's job first and foremost, but when it was all happening they were either to juiced up to get involved and do their real job and stop it or wanted to let the looters run ramped in front of the world media.
Why make the task an out sourced SOF personnel job when the state paid personnel are there to do it? or is it that they cant.

I think this is most likely for either Brown's accomplice or the Officer and family involved in the shooting. The difference being that these guys are essentially above the law and carry a license to do whatever necessary to extract the individual(s) they are there for.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We've been to Baghdad, Kabul, KL, Manilla, Peshwar, Bogata. Never guessed we would deploy a high threat team in our own city.

...isn't this exactly what everything has been leading to?

there is a reason every 2nd movie & TV show these days is about revolution & bringing down the system
and the other half are about getting onboard with the system..
enjoy that new TV show black'-ish (or was it the goldbergs?)
..meh, they're all the same, aren't they?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
i agree

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

I maybe wrong, on this one, but security forces in the US that are for hired can not enforce local and state laws, that is the job of the police force primarily, when is violent protest the state can call upon the National guard to help local police enforce laws, then if the problem get out of hand the state can use the insurrection act to call upon the federal government to allow US troops in our soil, even if the Posse Comitatus prohibit this from happening.

The last resort if the state can not enforce their laws causing disruptions in the state, and the violence escalate then the federal government can use Federal command on the state that is having the problems without permission from the state government.

So security forces are only for the protection of the individuals, groups or else that they are hired for.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You can have hired protection though, that's completely legal

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And the people that are protesting, not looting as they can not do both at the same time on a live camera feed, are the ones getting the heavy handed police response.
Follow the events and this move would shock you
edit on thWed, 20 Aug 2014 14:42:57 -0500America/Chicago820145780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Yes, I know, is legal to hire protection, but that protection can not enforce local or state laws, they are only limited to the protection of individuals, groups, private owned buildings or properties.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I used to work in protective services, I understand a little bit about it, I would be willing to bet thats what these guys are going there for but since I am not privy to the mission planning and all that I don't know, if they are there for protective detail, they will not be concerned with enforcing laws.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thanks for the info, I guess you will be able to talk more about what kind of regulations are behind the use of special private security forces that most of us here could guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Again a big IF but if they are there for Protective service assistance there main concern is going to be exactly this

protect principle from:
Injury
kidnapping
death
And most importantly Embarrassment

They would not be concerned about being a cop if a criminal element decided to interfere with there mission however theyre will be critical consequences if not death however if it does require killing then the police will be informed immediatly as the operators secure their Principle to safety. Again it is a big IF thats what they are going there for if at all.

From the Ops source

Asymmetric Solutions is capable of deploying highly qualified former special operations personnel with a variety of subject matter expertise, anywhere on the globe in a moments notice.
Our teams are capable of providing:
High Threat Personnel or Site SecurityGlobe
Personnel Recovery
Asset Recovery
Advance or AOR Specialty Services
High Threat Logistical Services
Qualified Risk Assessments
Please contact us to discuss custom solutions to your security needs.

Link

They are capable of all kinds of things non cop related
edit on 20-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Eric Holder was in town...Agents coming out of the woodwork.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Doesn't this translate to saying a security contractor is going there? Like, oh I don't know...Boston Marathon supplementary security with backpacks? So, in that regard, a bunch of security-dressed Canadian-Muslim jihadists are coming into town to tone things down? Mercenaries.

After this things are likely to escalate into newsworthy proportions, not deescalate.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
They're probably getting ready for when the announcement comes down that the shooting was justified and there won't be any charges brought against the officer.

Yeah, but hiring a civilian contractor to do police work? Or maybe the clowns are getting training?

It's pretty simple. Its spelled out in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I guess these cops can't read and need pictures?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Paving the way for a Presedential visit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join