It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Housemate Issues - What should i do ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

Hey! I am on ATS you know!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Thank you for the reply Nechash

I agree with you wholeheartedly , but the thing is while i agree with you in general about this mentality set of some people, It is only this girl who seems to have this . My family have been raised with great oldschool values and as such are great people . It is only this chick that seems to have her head up her ass and has had the idea that she deserves the proverbial silver spoon treatment from everyone around her .
I understand whatt your saying however i cant justify uprooting the rest of my family due to the selfishness and arrogance of one spoiled brat who thinks she has the right to everyones business under her own and is not even related to my family .
I am by no means afraid of doing whats needed and if push comes to shove i will throw her out so fast it will make her inflated head spin off its own axis but i just am abit "Iffy" about putting her partner (my family member) in a stressfull situation .

If it is needed , it is needed though .

-Omega

edit on 20/8/2014 by Omega85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/8/2014 by Omega85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Post her a link to this thread, in particular your OP.

That'll do the trick...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

Hey! I am on ATS you know!

SO YOUR USING MY FRIGGIN INTERNET ASWELL?!
YOU HAVE SOME NERVE !!

lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Omega85
Hello members , how are you all ?

Shes fat
Shes lazy
Shes self entitled
Shes neglectfull
Shes a slob
Shes controlling
Shes arrogant
She is ungreatfull
Shes messy
Shes abusive
Shes bitchy
Shes greedy
Shes spitefull
Shes immature

I am talking about a family members partner who has been living with me now for over half a year .
I litterally dont know how i should nip this problem in the bud but the more time passes the more i can see myself losing it with this chick.

The thing about it is she treats the member of my family in question like absolute garbage and whenever something comes up when she does the wrong thing, she dangles the family members child in front of him as leverage for her to walk all over him and now, me, my family and my home .

I personally feel that this chick needs to be put in line but im not sure how to go about it given the circumstances i have mentioned previously . While i am very up front and not afraid of confrontation, my family means alot to me and the only thing stopping me from proverbially kicking this chick in the ass is the fact that i feel she will retalliate against the member of my family with whome she has the child with.

This woman makes my blood boil and the fact that she is so self entitled and so ready to use her own child as some sort of leverage whenever she is questioned or hears something that she doesnt like is absolutely despicable and i personally think that she is lower then dirt for doing it .

I truly feel like i am stuck between a rock and a hard place so i wanted to ask the membership what they would suggest or if they have had any experience in dealing with this sort of thing .

As allways , all thoughts and viewpoints are respected and appreciated.

So what do you think ??

-Omega85

Send this op to the persons personal email so they can have a look at themself through the eyes of the author/home-owner.
If she doesn't immediately humble herself, your sibling should call the authorities and have her committed?

Burn some sage.
edit on (8/20/1414 by loveguy because: insertion

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: acacko

Steel toe work boots can solve many problems.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Propose to her job done !

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Change the locks. Program a new alarm code if you have one. Host some AA meetings in your living room. Make this wench uncomfortable as possible. Cook foods that you know she can't stand. Start playing swiss yodels on the stereo, (or something like that)

All these ideas really go against the whole 'do unto others as you would have them to to you" but there comes a time when one must say enough!

Do you do the laundry? Do hers separate, and use extra starch!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Lace her food with sugar free gummy bears, she will still be there but she will be too busy with other things to give you a hard time.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is probably not a viable option, but here's my thought anyway:

What would happen if you kicked *just* her out? Does she have anywhere else to stay?

It sounds like she doesn't have a job - so your direct relative would have a legal advantage in pushing for custody. Especially if you clearly (and court-friendly) document *why* you kicked her out.

That's my primary thought, anyway - kick her out, and take away her leverage.

Somebody else *did* make a good point that is not considered in that suggestion - it *really* is your family member's responsibility. Your relative is the one who is a guest in your house, and she is *his* guest; his acceptance/support/inability to deal with her behavior *is* a reflection of how *he* respects the situation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

Lace her food with sugar free gummy bears, she will still be there but she will be too busy with other things to give you a hard time.

Hahaha the reviews on amazon lmfao!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Something fishy about you knowing his Internet 'business' AND his username

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know I sounds cruel but !

Do you know that scene from saw 3 !

Only kidding just tell her she a lardarse !
And get her out the house like hansel and gretel ! Maybe a Big Mac every few feet and once she's out lock the door !
Just think pacman !

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: acacko
Half a year? You should have stopped that the first day or two

Stopped what exactly ?

the bad behavior you're complaining about

What you allow will continue

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You should invite her to read your opening post, sometimes people really are oblivious to how they are viewed by others. She might think there is nothing wrong with her attitude at all.

And/Or Look up the laws in your state on when your are allowed to record others. Record her being a tyrannical bit*h, especially in concern of the child that she loves so much she can not stop using as leverage, then show it to her and there will likely be an immediate attitude adjustment.

You can also call your whole family to a meeting with her and discuss the problems in a civilized manner. Most importantly she needs to know how vile and disgusting it is to use this child as an anchor in order to continue
her selfish bid for an easy life free from evictions and judgement of others.

edit on 20-8-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

WAITAMINUTE!!!!!

Who are you and how do you know my sister-in-law?

lol

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's a tonight spot to be in. Either talk to your family member and tell them how you feel or ask them to move out, give a 30 days notice to them. It may cause some tension, but it's not fair to you to be taken advantage of. Unfortunately, thats what seems to he happening.

This is the exact reason I will never let anyone move in unless we have a month to month contract. My brother lived with my husband and me for 2 months, to help him get back on his feet. He knew that him finding something else was urgent and thankful for the help.

Discussing expectations and time frames up front is always the best way to go with roommates, especially if they are family.

Good luck

a reply to: jude11

That is too funny!!! I was thinking the same thing!

edit on 20-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I know this seems like a weird place to go, but post your story here. But be warned, these ladies won't sugar coat their responses.

community.babycenter.com...

They have a lot of relevant experience and advice for exactly what you are going through, but be sure to put on your grown-up panties first, you won't regret it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
sounds like my mother in law

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Shes lazy
Shes self entitled
Shes neglectfull
Shes a slob
Shes controlling
Shes arrogant
She is ungreatfull
Shes messy
Shes abusive
Shes bitchy
Shes greedy
Shes spitefull
Shes immature

You just described my mother in law.
I'm stuck in a similar situation...except she's old so I can't kick her out without feeling like I'll end up in hell.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join