It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS beheads US Journalist James Wright Foley

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dude77

I was thinking the same thing.
On a Lebanese tv channel about 2 weeks ago I actually saw how IS buried a man alive, they showed the whole clip on tv. And how he begged for his life... it was horrible.
I couldn't sleep that night.

I don't think they would ever show that on any European/Canadian or American tv news channel.

Has IS changed their tactics now?
Are they not showing the full killings, because the videos get taken down?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Giving this some thought. .

ISIS is not known for charitable activities to elderly nuns.

They are pretty brutal by any standard. They are equally reviled by anyone.

So why would a video need to be faked in order to create animosity towards a group that is already hated?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

ISIS have a whole new Social Media team working on these videos and a lot of Western Muslims have gone to join ISIS in Syria and Iraq, some 700 UK citizens are reported to have joined ISIS in the last few months, so with that in mind, its not really hard to see and understand why there are now English speaking executioners in these videos.

I am extremely worried when these UK militants return to the UK.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

They don't get taken down....youtube and other "softer" sites might take them down but it is still there.
Liveleak keeps most of their stuff up. I still have access to the video series they posted there (a 4 part series that I'm too lazy and consumed in mind to go look up the title of right now).......

So......idk. It definitely isn't standard MO though. Of that I am certain.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

I thought the same exact things when i saw this video. Something definitely seemed off about it...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Giving this some thought. .

ISIS is not known for charitable activities to elderly nuns.

They are pretty brutal by any standard. They are equally reviled by anyone.

So why would a video need to be faked in order to create animosity towards a group that is already hated?

because maybe this wasn't ISIS ? .. that would the only reason I could use to justify this being 'faked' .. maybe it was 'someone else' who doesn't actually do beheadings and is doing this for their own agenda(farfetched maybe) .. just a thought .. if this is an 'IS production', they don't need to go through the trouble of makeup and staging and all that .. they'd just cut the guy's noggin off

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What will the ATS members that say this video is a fake do when Mr Foley's body is repatriated back to the US?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: Jakal26some 700 UK citizens are reported to have joined ISIS in the last few months

would then explain him having a uk accent .. makes sense
edit on 20-8-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: DarthFazer

Perhaps you need to go back and read the MODS requests that these links are not being supplied on this thread. This thread was already shut down last night for a similar link.

Please remove the link pronto before the thread is closed.

Thanks

Oh I see , not safe for work and all well I removed them. Well it does not really matter since the video shows up on the first page in search results. Once on the internet always on the internet.

Thanks, this thread was closed for an hour last night by a MOD due to links being supplied.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I am very aware of that and very aware of what Beezer said about them NOT needing to fake this stuff.
IS is a VERY real threat. The CTers that are constantly on about EVERYTHING being a "conspiracy"....I ain't that guy!

I understand that this guy has such an accent, though I didn't mention it. It is NOT what makes me feel it is "fake".....
It's the MO...it's the cuts without blood...it's the editing out of the actual beheading.....it is the way he grabs the guy with ease. This is NOT typical........if you can stomach it, go back and watch Berg's beheading (I hate viewing this stuff but if we always just take it at face value, where does that get us?) Watch Berg's reaction to them grabbing him. It is primal fear and primal "pulling away"......this guy doesn't do that. Maybe he was VERY brave and just "took it"....accepted his fate. Idk...

I'm NOT saying it is indeed "fake".........I'm just saying, there are inconsistencies that I can't shake, and they are glaring.

I have zero reason to think they DON'T do these things....They do! Absolutely! I have seen this with my own eyes!
This one though.........Questions are now boggling my mind and again I must hush, least I make zero sense in text.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

To what purpose?

So ISIS could be hated?

ISIS was hated before the video. It didn't change anything.

It defies logic.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but who can second guess why these barbarians do as they do. IMO perhaps its due to them wanting their videos to stay on Social Media sites for a s long as possible so they are editing those parts out that would have the video removed in an instant.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ahhhh...

The old ATS dilemma, One cannot purposely post links, pics or videos to support an argument for it being real so the readers can decide for themselves and those advocating it was staged cant do the same either.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Did I say he wasn't killed?
Did I specifically say it was "faked"? Where did I say that I KNOW it was "fake"?

I said I have questions about the authenticity....I even apologized IN ADVANCE. I feel dirty taking that angle. Like I said, I generally don't. But what I have seen is multiple beheadings and this one just seems off.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Jakal26 because: Sorry flammadraco....getting a bit emotionally charged because I felt attacked for bringing that angle up. Seen your last post and walked it back.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Did I say he wasn't killed?
Did I specifically say it was "faked"? Where did I say that I KNOW it was "fake"?

Did I accuse you of saying it was fake?
Did I specifically name you as saying he was not killed?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But that's the thing. It ISN'T taken down.
I don't know where some of you get your news and the like but it is EVERYWHERE, unedited and EASY to find.

But then again, maybe you're right and because it was a "message to America", they stepped it back so that it would be shown to MORE Americans than would be if it was un "censored"......

Maybe....

And again, I do NOT question the repugnant nature of the atrocious actions of IS. I have seen it on full display enough for a lifetime. I KNOW they do these things.

Even I advocate war against these subhuman pieces of scum!
I even said the other day, I don't care WHO does it.....let's just get it done. Sign me up. I'll GLADLY kill these pos and sleep better at night knowing the world is a bit safer without such monsters.

link   
So ISIS is taking credit for a video that states that they are ISIS but is actually Fox News.

So Fox News is beheading journalists and ISIS is taking credit for it.

(now I have a nosebleed)

link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Ahhhh...

The old ATS dilemma, One cannot purposely post links, pics or videos to support an argument for it being real so the readers can decide for themselves and those advocating it was staged cant do the same either.

I agree with ATS on this one, showing someone loosing their life is not for the faint hearted and if someone really wanted to see the video, they can find it.

ATS is not for "Snuff Movies" thank god!

link   

Spot on, like you I do not see why they sugar coated this disgusting act with the edit. And i still cant wrap my head around why for all intents and purposes they would remove the actual beheading that is.. unless they botched the beheading ? Maybe the knife was dull and that might explain the few slashes he made before it was cut and edited ? That would make for a blooper reel in the terrorist blunders so it ended up on the cutting floor perhaps? I use to work in a meat production plant and the difference between a dull knife and a sharp knife is huge when dismembering ...umm well i wont go in to details. But to remove the head you have to sever the spine through its cartilage. And from seeing past beheading videos this often became a problem. Long story short it took more than one guy to finish the job in beheading videos I have seen.
edit on 20-8-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It was implied. Felt like I got "lumped in" with those jumping on the "fake" bandwagon.

Sorry, walked my post back a bit but will leave the questions just for the context. It wasn't an attack.
Like I said, I just don't want to be pinned down as claiming it IS fake when I was simply musing some questions....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join