It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS beheads US Journalist James Wright Foley

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
UK Foreign Secretary is claiming the video appears to genuine.

Reporter beheading likely genuine, says Britain

Whilst this is a horrible tragedy, you have to wonder a bit about the mentality of the photo journalist considering he had previously been kidnapped whilst in Libya. I'm rather surprised that after that event he decided to go to Syria. Me, i'd have decided it was time to photo the local state fair instead! And no, that isn't saying he deserved it (how can anyone deserve that?).

I was also rather amazed at how he appears to be keeping it together, knowing what is coming his way - that is from the pics, as i won't watch the video. Mankind destroying each other does nothing for me..........

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If this video is fake.. Then what happens to MR Foley now ? He has to hide away for the rest of his life ? Or does he come back to his family in a few years time. Can you image the talk with his family
Family: "I thought you had been killed"
Foley: "oh no I wasn't it was lies"
Family: "but it was all on the news we even had your funeral"
Foley: "yeah I saw that but I was all a lie I'm back now"

Just because the video didn't show the full execution doesn't mean it had to be fake. Those who have posted it (most media sites) could have possibly edited out the REALLY graphic parts.

I can't prove this is real but I can tell you now this isn't fake. Can we let Mr Foley RIP

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
But if your job is a war journalist, I'm sure he saw his fair share of horrible sights during his career. His career an his passion for his career is the reason why he carried on doing what he done

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Obamas appalled,

Obama administration has said that "if" Foley was killed then they are "appalled."

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

They take young kids, and start brainwashing them early.

that's been going on for years, perhaps these ISIS scum are the result

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I was unaware that ISIS had a fan club

Hard to believe, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

He wasn't really a journalist though was he? Whatever spin is put on it, he was a photographer.

Are taking photos worth your life? I'm sure his passion for his career is a welcome relief for his family today.......or then again, maybe not.

Again though, no one deserves this. I was just highlighting the fact it seems a bit weird to me to be kidnapped in one war zone and then to go to an even worse one just to take some pictures. That sort of incident would make me re evaluate my career choices.

My deepest condolences go to his family, and particularly his poor brother who must be feeling like a right !*#? today.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I was also rather amazed at how he appears to be keeping it together, knowing what is coming his way - that is from the pics, as i won't watch the video.

If he wasn't possibly drugged then he might have already accepted his fate and went out with integrity and dignity instead of floundering about and screaming knowing his family and loved ones may eventually see the video.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A larger question.

ISIS is stating that another hostage will be killed if the drone strikes and bombings aren't stopped.

What should America do?

Will America stop?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I don't know. I wish there was a way to save him, and possible other captives.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had more.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I was also rather amazed at how he appears to be keeping it together, knowing what is coming his way - that is from the pics, as i won't watch the video.

If he wasn't possibly drugged then he might have already accepted his fate and went out with integrity and dignity instead of floundering about and screaming knowing his family and loved ones may eventually see the video.

Just a thought.

All the videos have been taken down, which is good. Foley does seem to be talking calmly as if whatever is going to follow is not real. the man in black does not have a british accent.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Just a thought.

All the videos have been taken down, which is good. Foley does seem to be talking calmly as if whatever is going to follow is not real. the man in black does not have a british accent.

The man in black does have a British London accent and as a Londoner I can vouch that he sounds as if he comes from the East End of London (Tower Hamlets, Mile End etc) which has a massive Muslim community.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Hey Flavian thanks for replying nicely
I agree with your reply you make a valid point. And yes common sense would make you stay away from war zones after being kidnapped once but maybe MR foley's passion was too great. Even his family have said how much commitment and passion he had. Maybe as a photographer he felt it was his job to get the pictures that most photographers can't get

I don't know just a thought .. But you are right in saying one thing. No one has to go through this

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Animals.
RIP dude.

(I wrote a very angry version of this but decided not to get banned).

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just a thought.

I agree. I just thought it showed tremendous dignity and also bravery, knowing what was coming. I couldn't imagine what he has gone through and what he was going through at that moment.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
A larger question.

ISIS is stating that another hostage will be killed if the drone strikes and bombings aren't stopped.

What should America do?

Will America stop?

Unleash the US military.

If there was ever a force of evil in this world worthy of the full and unrestrained force of the US military, ISIS would be it.

Anything less, actually will serve to both embolden them, and provoke them. Unwillingness to confront them with the intent to destroy and eliminate them is seen as weakness and fear. Weakness invites attack.

Confronting ISIS should be ALL or nothing....

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
At times like these, when there's so much unrest in the world, you get the feeling the end of the world gets closer. I'm starting to think the world should be 10000 times more worried about those terrorists than the arguments between Russia and the West. Because so far it only looks like ISIS is getting stronger than weaker.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You know what I nearly agree with you.
To me the last just war was WW2 we had to do something to wipe that kind of evil out and Iam beginning to see ISIS in the same way, am I being played by TPTB? or would this also be a just war?.
Iam very confused about the whole situation and can not see a none violent way to stop these mad men.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWiseDwarf

It is the delayed beginning of the end, ultimately how and when it ends is our collective choice.

imo

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Animals.
RIP dude.

(I wrote a very angry version of this but decided not to get banned).

To be honest mate you hit the nail on the head with just those few words

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join