It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Barbaric’ sexual violence perpetrated by Islamic State militants in Iraq – UN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Violent sexual attacks on minorities, Yazidi, Christian, as well as Turkomen and Shabak women.

13 August 2014 – Two senior United Nations officials today condemned in the strongest terms the “barbaric acts” of sexual violence and “savage rapes” the armed group Islamic State (IS) has perpetrated on minorities in areas under its control.

In a joint statement from Baghdad, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence (SRSG) in Conflict, Zainab Hawa Bangura and the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Iraq, Nickolay Mladenov urged the immediate protection of civilians.

We are gravely concerned by continued reports of acts of violence, including sexual violence against women and teenage girls and boys belonging to Iraqi minorities.

"We are gravely concerned by continued reports of acts of violence, including sexual violence against women and teenage girls and boys belonging to Iraqi minorities,” Ms. Bangura and Mr. Mladenov said.

www.un.org...-2POeM_

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sick animals!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Sick animals!

That's putting it lightly.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Their time will come oneday.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Isn't liberated Iraq a dream come true, I wonder how now the Liberated people in Iraq feels about US abandoning them to terrorist groups that before under Saddam it was none, perhaps Saddam and sons were despicable but what they have now is worst.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If I said what I really thought of these animals I would lose my ATS membership.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Isn't liberated Iraq a dream come true, I wonder how now the Liberated people in Iraq feels about US abandoning them to terrorist groups that before under Saddam it was none, perhaps Saddam and sons were despicable but what they have now is worst.

Interestingly enough a lot of these expelled and murdered leaders from Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Egypt, are the very ones that seemed to have protected the minorities.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If I said what I really thought of these animals I would lose my ATS membership.

I hear ya.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So they stone and hang gays but then rape teenage boys? Yeh there's logic for you

Just hurry up and bomb these sick f**ks to hell

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Definitely, then the drones will have a non-controversial purpose.

Send them to their 72 virgins.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How could they possibly think this is Allah's will?

This is why people need to think for themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Sadam isn't looking so bad now.

I wonder what they think about that?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the people who lived on the bad side of Saddam or Gaddafi thought they had it pretty bad too. This is the same-o, same-o in this part of the world. Sometimes it flares up and sometimes it calms down.

I too would like to see ISIS taken out, but some other group would just spring up in their place, starting small at first and eventually gaining strength and it will start all over again. History shows this. These people are no longer civilized in a modern sense.

All they care about is Tribe and family and what they can get out of others. They don't care one iota about the country of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Animals

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Granted that ISIS (or ISIL or IS) is the flavor of the month, I wonder if it will last much more than a month. I mean that Obama has announced that there is no need for further strikes or humanitarian aid, as he believes the people who have fled to the mountain can get away.

I'm really confused, but be patient please. Why ISIS? Why is the world and the press turning against this particular group? Does any one remember, from just four or five months ago, Boko Haram? I mean, besides the first lady's ridiculous hash tag campaign?

Boko Haram killed more than 5,000 civilians between July 2009 and June 2014, including at least 2,000 in the first half of 2014 alone. 650,000 people fled their homes by August 2014, an increase of 200,000 since May.

Boko Haram kill people who engage in practices seen as un-Islamic, such as drinking alcohol. In a 2009 interview, the founder of the sect, Mohammed Yusuf, asserted his belief that the theory that the Earth is round is contrary to Islamic teaching and should be rejected.

After launching a string of IED attacks against soft targets, and its first vehicle-borne IED attack in June 2011, killing 6 at the Abuja police HQ, in August of that year Boko Haram bombed the UN HQ in Abuja, the first time they had struck a Western target.

In a 2013 US report, Boko Haram was ranked as the second deadliest terrorist group in the world after the Taliban in Afghanistan. In July 2014, Nigeria was estimated to have had the highest number of terrorist killings in the world over the past year, 3477, killed in 146 attacks.

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems as though we can ignore all of the other murderous Islamic groups: Al-Qaeda, Hamas, Al -Shabab, Taliban, etc., etc. Why is everyone so excited about ISIS, and willing to forget about all the rest? Is ISIS getting in the way of some plan? Is this just another fad which will fade from the press soon? Is it to distract us from American issues with an election less than three months away?

I'm more confused than anything else. This doesn't "feel" right, but I don't know how to explain it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

These ISIS members aren't Human like you or me. They must be from some other Planet where only Evil breeds and now they are Breeding here on Earth.

They need to be wiped out asap and I hope the Troops/Drones can do it without too much loss of Civilian Life!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

They seem to be even more extreme than the extremist, taking it to a whole new level of debauchery.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

The rest are not forgotten,but this group seems to be the most vile among them, seems to be.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

are you referring to the UN or ISIS?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

These ISIS members aren't Human like you or me. They must be from some other Planet where only Evil breeds and now they are Breeding here on Earth.

They need to be wiped out asap and I hope the Troops/Drones can do it without too much loss of Civilian Life!

They are from another planet, it's called the middle east. They are just as human as you or I, humans are capable of horrible things when angry and hurt. If you don't think you are capable of such things, you haven't gone though enough in life.

We don't need to dehumanize these people, because what they are doing is exactly what humans do. Get angry and then go around destroying the world.

If you think you are some special peach not capable of extreme acts of evil, then YOU are the alien. You are the one that's abnormal. They are acting just like humans have always acted, and will continue to act until the idea that they are somehow "different" changes. It's so easy to just assume they are some different model of human that needs to be exterminated to bring peace to the globe, but that's the farthest thing from the truth. Being honest about humanity and our nature is the only way to solve these types of problems.

Don't focus on the people, they are byproducts. Focus on the situation, CHANGE the situation if at all possible.

Hitler wasn't a danger to the world. The situation was. The german people were broken and hurt, purposefully humiliated and made to suffer by the "good powers" that won WWI. That made a situation causing the events that followed. If it wasn't Hitler, it would have been communists in germany that were the threat to the world.

If we stop making places "rip for the picking" for evil but strong groups to take power, they won't be able to take power. They only have the opportunity they have because the situation the whole area is in.

Stop humiliating people, stop forcing people to suffer, and there won't be anybody left to support these people.
edit on 19-8-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join