It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket during attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
laom....

Here...how about a link from St LOuis news station KMOV...From the 13th....

www.kmov.com...

The officer who shot and killed an unarmed teenager in Ferguson, Missouri was injured in the alleged altercation, according to Ferguson Chief of Police Tom Jackson.
Jackson, who spoke on the phone with News 4's Laura Hettiger Wednesday morning, said the officer "was hit" and the "side of his face was swollen.

or this one stating that the officer was treated for injuries...

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-19T14:47:53-05:000253 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-19T14:48:43-05:000243 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Also confirmed on the 15th by Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson.

Jackson says Wilson was treated for injuries sustained on Saturday.

Link.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm not saying the information is definitely wrong. I just don't like sources that play loose with their presentation of the information. Presenting the scan as Wilson's is bad form, imo.

But if it's all true, I'm sure we will get confirmation soon.

edit on 19-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I`m sure the police took pictures of the injury to use as evidence and they probably will release them eventually, but it won`t matter, the Brown supporters will say the photos are fake.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It is worth noting:

This comes from a source within the Prosecuting Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.

I've said from the beginning, if the Prosecuting Attorney’s office thought they had even a colorable case against Wilson, they would have already filed charges. If anything, to quell the tensions and avoid further public unrest.

That hasn't happened for likely good reason.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
One thing...
I've broken my right orbital...
Fractured in 2 places...
Didn't know for 24 hours until is had an X-Ray...
Didn't feel any pain...
Paper cuts are more painful...
There was adrenaline flowing though I wouldn't want to break it randomly...

With all that said my eye didn't swell until I blew my nose...
Then I looked like Rocky after his battle with Apollo...
The black eye lasted a good week and a half before it started to turn pink...

Take from this story what you will!

I'm not trying to convince people either way, just let you know what the injury entails!!!

Wilson not reacting or touching his face isn't proof he isn't injured...
But if he doesn't have a shiner for a couple weeks after it's likely this is a crock!!!

Stay bless!!!
edit on 19-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
from the initial witness accounts:

But eye witnesses, including Johnson, tell a different version of events. According to Johnson, after Officer Wilson told the two men to get on the sidewalk, he slammed his brakes, put his car into reverse, and attempted to open the door of his police car. The door hit Brown and then bounced shut again. In an interview with MSNBC last week, Johnson described how Wilson reached out and grabbed Brown by the neck. The altercation became like a “tug-of-war,” with Wilson trying to pull Brown inside the car and Brown pulling away.

Wilson fired off a shot which Johnson said hit Brown. The two young men began running away. After another shot or more was fired, Johnson said his friend turned around with his hands raised in the air and said, “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” The officer, then facing Brown, fired several more shots and Brown fell to the ground.

A second eyewitness, Piaget Crenshaw, who saw the events from her apartment and videotaped the aftermath, told CNN that she saw Brown and the officer struggle and that it looked like the officer was trying to pull Brown into the car. When that didn’t work, she said the officer chased after Brown and shot multiple times, though none of those shots appeared to hit Brown. In the end, Crenshaw said, Brown “turned around and then was shot multiple times.”

Going back the witness statements, Wilson rolled up on two black teens walking in the center of the road. Wilson had no idea of anything pertaining to the QT shoplifting. He told the teens to get out of the road and up on to the sidewalk. As he rolled away Brown said something to him. Wilson slammed on the brakes and reversed, and shouted "What'd you say?" then slammed the door in opening it into Brown. He then tried to pull Brown in and Brown pushed back. At this point I would say that Wilson sustained the injury from the door. He also started shooting Brown "from a distance" as Brown had retreated.

Overzealous cop who decided to execute Brown for whatever flippant remark he gave him for telling them to get out of the street.

Johnson said that he and Brown had been walking in the middle of the street when a police officer approached and told them to use the sidewalk. They complied, and the officer began to drive away, but then threw his car into reverse and came back alongside the teens, nearly hitting them. Johnson heard Wilson say something like "What'd you say?", before trying to open his car door, slamming it into Brown. Then the officer reached out and grabbed Brown by the neck with his left hand. The two men struggled briefly, and then Wilson, still in his car, shot Brown once.

There was never any "bullrushing" by Brown. The simple fact is this cop lost control.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
Whenever I see this version of events, I have to ask:

Why would a police officer try to pull someone into a car with them?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Another unsubstantiated, out of context "leak" that doesn't prove anything definitively about either what occurred at the vehicle or afterward.

Is the information about the injury true? It certainly could be. Could it have been from a punch? Sounds reasonable. Could it have been from the door? Possibly. What does it prove about what happened afterward? It doesn't even prove what happened in the vehicle.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Another unsubstantiated, out of context "leak" that doesn't prove anything definitively about either what occurred at the vehicle or afterward.

Is the information about the injury true? It certainly could be. Could it have been from a punch? Sounds reasonable. Could it have been from the door? Possibly. What does it prove about what happened afterward? It doesn't even prove what happened in the vehicle.

It proves an altercation occurred. Do you want all the facts, or only ones that prove your point?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Actually according to the reports there are more than a dozen citizens corroborating the cops account of what happened. Even the autopsy shows the same based on shot placement.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Even the autopsy shows the same based on shot placement.

You mean the autopsy report where the pathologist who performed said he was "shot from a distance"?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Why would a man who was fleeing from a cop after an altercation where the cop's weapon was discharged (and he was possibly hit) stop abruptly in the middle of the street to taunt the cop and then charge him? As he was running in fear of being shot, he lost his fear of being shot?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Even the autopsy shows the same based on shot placement.

You mean the autopsy report where the pathologist who performed said he was "shot from a distance"?

Yep...the one done by Brown's family which stated it could have been exactly the scenario that the officer said happened....a bum-rush with multiple shots hitting him from the front and dropping a few feet from reaching the officer.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why would a man who was fleeing from a cop after an altercation where the cop's weapon was discharged (and he was possibly hit) stop abruptly in the middle of the street to taunt the cop and then charge him? As he was running in fear of being shot, he lost his fear of being shot?

I would say for the same reason he assaulted the store clerk.....no fear and didn't care. That or he may have been on something....will have to wait for toxicology report for that but the officer did say he thought the suspect was intoxicated from something.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Actually according to the reports there are more than a dozen citizens corroborating the cops account of what happened. Even the autopsy shows the same based on shot placement.

"Police sources tell me more than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop's version of events in shooting"

See how quickly that tweet became a well known fact in your mind?

Why don't you check Christine Byer's Twitter feed now?

On FMLA from paper. Earlier tweets did not meet standards for publication.

OH SNAP. She's on maternity leave and her unsubstantiated tweet didn't meet standards for publication. OUCH.
edit on 2014-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I would say for the same reason he assaulted the store clerk.....no fear and didn't care. That or he may have been on something....will have to wait for toxicology report for that but the officer did say he thought the suspect was intoxicated from something.

Yeah, pushing a 5-foot-nothing store clerk out of your way is exactly the same thing as showing up unarmed to a showdown with a cop in the middle of the street who has already discharged his weapon (possibly into your shoulder). Clearly that points to a deathwish. Clearly.

Your only evidence that he was "on something" is that if you believe the cop's story, Michael Brown's actions only make sense if he was out of his mind "on something." A story that is coming from what is at best, 2nd hand hearsay from an anonymous radio caller.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maternity leave? It's called FMLA and she was put on it after that tweet by her employer. It is a paid leave....doesn't mean the tweet was wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yeah, pushing a 5-foot-nothing store clerk out of your way is exactly the same thing as showing up unarmed to a showdown with a cop in the middle of the street who has already discharged his weapon (possibly into your shoulder). Clearly that points to a deathwish. Clearly.

Your only evidence that he was "on something" is that if you believe the cop's story, Michael Brown's actions only make sense if he was out of his mind "on something." A story that is coming from what is at best, 2nd hand hearsay from an anonymous radio caller.

So your story is that he did nothing to provoke the shooting, had his arms in the air facing the cop and he just started firing at him? Seriously?

Looking forward to all the reports that will finally surface to show that the Brown thug was just that....a thug.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join