It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The events in Ferguson will be the cause of an attempted U.S. revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
While I agree that the citizens in this nation are due to an uprising against all that has been happening for the last few decades and the disastrous results of bad political policies, using the Ferguson incident as an excuse is very poorly.

Perhaps using the way the state government and authorities are handling the protest is better, in a way that exposes the growing police state.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Some great points made in this thread all around.I don't believe a nationwide revolution will occur. But I do hope everyone learns something from these tragic events.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Last night, some "Revolutionist-Communist" try to cause a riot! CNN talked about it, but more info there : gawker.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

If all of what you say does happen...well I have 3 words...Nationwide Martial Law

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I am sure it can be declared, martial law in every state but the governments in the states will have a big problem enforcing the law.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I flagged this because it seems interesting to speculate upon. I really don't have more to add, because I am not knowledgeable about such things.

A couple questions though, when you say cities, do you only mean big cities? Also, what purpose would allowing all this to go on be? How does it benefit TPTB?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
I flagged this because it seems interesting to speculate upon. I really don't have more to add, because I am not knowledgeable about such things.

A couple questions though, when you say cities, do you only mean big cities? Also, what purpose would allowing all this to go on be? How does it benefit TPTB?

most likely all cities and i think the better question would be "How do TPTB NOT benefit from martial law?"

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the protests do evolve into something as you describe, which l don't believe it will, it won't last long. Summer is almost over and winters right around the corner.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

but the cops aren't responding in the manner that is useful to the groups that are using the protesters. considering some other things that are on deck for the next two weeks...someone in that crowd may have to attack a cop or fellow protester.

in May 2012 during the NATO summit in Chicago, I described the standoff between Chicago Police and International protesters as being between the cosmic principles of order and chaos. the Annular eclipse that was happening made the whole thing epic. seeing cops and protesters faced off without violence for an entire day.

the goal of the groups controlling the protesters is to cause a complete collapse in order, with cops going berserk...1968 DNC, berserk....dogs, water cannons, the whole production.

fortunately, that trigger hasn't been pulled...but as time progresses and opportunities begin to fade...someone may become desperate and all one can hope for is herculean type restraint on the part of law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

most likely all cities and i think the better question would be "How do TPTB NOT benefit from martial law?"

Staggering costs, huge loss of almost all revenues, and chaos becuase the US is hard pressed to control a city much less the nation under martial law. So pretty much everything TPTB would want to avoid at all costs would come with martial law.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

If it does spread across the US, it will be limited to the inner cities for the most part. If they try to do that sort of thing in neighborhoods such as mine, they would not last long because there are too many people that will not hesitate to put them down to protect their homes and families.

Something does need to change and it's not just the way police treat the public. There is something fundamentally wrong in these communities.

Oh, HELL yes.
That's what my husband and I have been talking about today - whether it will turn into a Rodney King chain reaction or not. (He is a veteran Mo National Guard MP Sergeant.)

We agree that, no, if they tried that in OUR neighborhood, like you said - well, they are toast.

edit on 8/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Progressives/Obama involved in a mass large-scale effort.

The MSM involved deep in the Progressive Propaganda Scriptoring.

This post is such BS that I can barely believe that even you, xuenchen, posted it.

edit on 8/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We proles do not have time for revolution. We must work. Drudgery, work to make money, to live, to eat, so that we can work. No revolution. Work.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
if a cop had shot a man on his way to church who was driving 35 in a 25 mile an hour zone and had little children in the backseat who witnessed this atrocity, yes I can see the entire nation up in arms and protesting against police brutality. But I don't know one person who feels the need to go out and protest over this incident. Yes it is tragic, a young man is dead and I sympathize with his family. He made bad choices, multiple bad choices.

When will we start accepting responsibility for the choices we make and quit blaming our lot in life on prejudice and other excuses that have nothing to do with where we're at? If the policeman had been black would we even be having these conversations? Just my two cents

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that this one event will spark an insurrection. The numbers are not there, and the public is only mildly interested in it. It has no real bearing and the general public is not really willing to get riled up about it.

Even if it were to spark a small inssurection, the problem is that the UN would not need to get involved, as the public would not stand for it. There is not enough support from the general population at all. Now if there was a good quarter to half of the population of a state, then it might bring out more and ultimately would be of more concern. But right now it is in just one area. Now if the Rodney King riots, or even the immigration protesting did not bring around such, this has little to no chance of such.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. I think that most people (be they black or white) have not the reason to revolt and riot just yet. I trust the reasoned, rational people (the majority, I hope) to tackle the issues in a manner that won't be destructive.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wont happen due to this. You'd have to rile up the whole country. Men, woman, teens, neighbors, families, states, cities...everyone.

And honestly? Not everyone gives as much a crap about this as some do. The majority right now...could care less about this.

I hate to mention OWS...but that was another really good idea that was "supposed to change and we'll be at civil war in this country". Did it happen? No. Where is that right now?

For anything major to start...it would take more than this to get it going. And face it. We Americans are jaded. We seem to care more about bundled phone and internet plans, the VMA awards, Facebook and keeping up with the Kardashians.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
An incident that would spark what you are thinking of would have to be blatantly egregious and outrage everyone at every level so that all the carefully crafted societal divisions are crystalized into just two: citizens v. government.

This incident won't do that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You want to police the world but can't even do a proper job at home first if this is how Americans police I think they need to rethink how they do it. Because the whole world is watching you. And if you never had the big stick I think the world would speak up about how you treat your own people, but that big stick keeps people quite but when you loss the big stick you will find the world thinks different of you

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar

That is how we have survived,we are 21st century's answer to Sparta.Too bad some idiots with MONEY lied to us but that stick is OURS too. We just don't want to kill a buttload of assholes to fix it so we're hoping for better elections I guess or a decent invasion later.In which case most have BANG sticks that are smaller versions of the big one..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join