It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading the Gospel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

Spreading the Gospel is about more than preaching, and pontificating and reading the scripture to people who have no wish to hear it.

When someone is in need, you provide what you can. When they are in danger, you protect them. When they are hungry, you feed them, when they are naked you wrap them in whatever you can spare, and you never leave someone to rot, whom you could assist in their time of need. You do all this, and maybe you do not even speak the name of Jesus the whole time. You do this because it is by ACTION that the word and works of Jesus are spread, not by public speaking, but by matching ones actions to the words one holds most dear, those to be found between the covers of the Holy Bible.

It is by the light and grace of God, and the small good works of those who walk in his light, that the Gospel is best spread. No orator has nearly as much value as someone who is prepared to step in when the darkness gathers. That is how you spread the Gospel. You spread it by spreading love, compassion, mercy, and respect. The specific words of the Gospels are powerful things, but they pale in comparison to experiencing the effect that comes from applying their teachings in the real world.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Careful how you see yourself in relation to others.

Self-righteousness is the same as wickedness. Each mindset places self over others. With wickedness, a person makes choices founded on what is best for them at the time, regardless of the consequence for others. Self-righteousness does the same, but uses a false moral platform to excuse choices. True righteousness looks out for others with love and compassion, even if they are perceived enemies.

Seeking the good of others requires suffering loss. Taking makes us a thief. The thief takes reward for self, with actions ending in suffering for himself and others. On the other hand, suffering for others always brings true reward. It's like the difference between sitting at home watching TV or going to the gym. One will eventually kill you from inactivity and the other requires great suffering, but brings improved health.

In the end, the will of God is giving and receiving. Taking is the mark of a thief. Giving requires that we give something up for another person.

edit on 18-8-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: double post

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Spreading the Gospel is about more than preaching, and pontificating and reading the scripture to people who have no wish to hear it.

When someone is in need, you provide what you can. When they are in danger, you protect them. When they are hungry, you feed them, when they are naked you wrap them in whatever you can spare, and you never leave someone to rot, whom you could assist in their time of need. You do all this, and maybe you do not even speak the name of Jesus the whole time. You do this because it is by ACTION that the word and works of Jesus are spread, not by public speaking, but by matching ones actions to the words one holds most dear, those to be found between the covers of the Holy Bible.

It is by the light and grace of God, and the small good works of those who walk in his light, that the Gospel is best spread. No orator has nearly as much value as someone who is prepared to step in when the darkness gathers. That is how you spread the Gospel. You spread it by spreading love, compassion, mercy, and respect. The specific words of the Gospels are powerful things, but they pale in comparison to experiencing the effect that comes from applying their teachings in the real world.

This message of compassion and love may be relevant for now, but none of this will mean a damn thing in the end of days when the strong delusion takes hold and you are enduring the worse kind of persecution imaginable, where I`m getting beheaded for professing the word of God. If you truly understand what the strong delusion really is then you should know what I`m talking about.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I dont care about your works, neither does God.

He wants your heart right, not your works, not words. You cant do things for God.
God/Jesus doesnt judge people by their honesty only, he judges them by their commitment to do His willo.

You want Christianity to be about you and what you want, sorry its not about you

www.meetingwithchrist.com...
Go to catalogues and read the parable of the tarres

The only way to secure your spot in heaven is by giving up what you have here. Go study the beatitudes.

This is not a judgement, its a warning.

Do I forgive those who have hurt me and mine, its hard to say deep within my heart I do but I try very hard and work on forgiveness daily.
You clearly dont and have decided to disobey God and wont.
Jesus is not your Lord.

an excerpt

This word ‘lawlessness,’ is the same word used by Jesus in Matthew 7:23 when He said, Depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! Here, there is something striking. We discover that this word is not used of unbelievers but of Christian workers. Remember, Jesus said in v. 21, Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord.' You see, here are people who say, ‘Jesus is King.’ ‘Lord’ means ‘king.’ They claim that Jesus is king of their lives because they say, ‘Lord, Lord.’ Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven (‘shall,’ future tense – there is the future kingdom of heaven) but he who does (present tense, right now) the will of My Father in heaven. On that day, the very same people that the parable of the tares is talking about, on the last day of judgment, they will say to Jesus, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and do many wonders in Your name?’ And notice Jesus’ words in v. 23. And then I will declare to them (not to unbelievers, but to these people who worked in Jesus’ name), 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' People who cast out demons, who prophesied in Jesus’ name, who did mighty works of healing in Jesus’ name, these are the ones that Jesus calls ‘doers of lawlessness.’

God bless you

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingscholar

Have any more valid old testament references? 70% of the new testament was written by people who were not who they said they were.

Crafting something in a decietful manner = enjoying the suffering of the wicked. Lots of contradictions here lol

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Yeah, right now I`ll love my neighbor as I love myself, but come tribulation time, that`s all going out the window for sure. I`m personally looking forward to dying for God, can`t wait to get this show on the road. I certainly don`t plan on living on this steaming pile of sh@t called earth past the age of fifty odd years. I`m looking forward to an early death, and I will not go quietly either, assuming I don`t get taken up in the clouds first.

edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
a reply to: borntowatch

Yeah, right now I`ll love my neighbor as I love myself, but come tribulation time, that`s all going out the window for sure. I`m personally looking forward to dying for God, can`t wait to get this show on the road. I certainly don`t plan on living on this steaming pile of sh@t called earth past the age of fifty odd years. I`m looking forward to an early death, and I will not go quietly either, assuming I don`t get taken up in the clouds first.

Who has been teaching you about Christianity? I only ask because you should stop listening to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

No one teaches me anything because I let the Bible speak for itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

No one teaches me anything because I let the Bible speak for itself.

They say the war of a Christian should be in the Mind, a spiritual war for the betterment of mankind but in the case that someone is aggressive towards you in the physical and let's assume it's in a chaotic situation, I believe self defense is justified and you have the right to put that person in their place but just the same as you are aggressive to someone else, they have every right to put you in your place also.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

At the moment, the war for the betterment of mankind is mostly spiritual in nature, but this war will soon turn physical. When the times comes, all bets are off, the line will be crossed. At that point, I would rather swim through hot garbage for the Lord than engage in any kind of fellowship with those that are of the world for their "betterment", for the time of dialogue will be over.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yeah, right now I`ll love my neighbor as I love myself,...............

Well, that must be some steaming heap of self loathing "love" you've got going on there, then, seeing as how you called your neighbor heathen swine in your OP! Do us all a favor and don't spread your gospel with us. I think it would be a good thing for all of us if you kept it to yourself.

Thanks.........

edit on 18-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This thread is for those Christians who believe it is our duty to spread the gospel. What gives you the authority to spread it? Are you getting some kind of kick out of spending your precious time justifying the word of God to the heathen? Do you think sharing this most precious pearl with the swine will make a lick of difference? Why Christians? Why do you persist?

Personally, I think spreading the gospel is a complete waste of my time. I let the dead bury their dead so that I can move on in keeping the narrow path to salvation. You may think my motives are self centered even though the Bible tells us to focus on the Lord and focus on self. I personally tend to take pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked, and I highly doubt this mindset will change as time goes along, even though the Bible tells us not to. So what do you think Christians?

Did you start this thread just to provoke people against Christians?

It sure looks like it.

Trust me people don't need any more provoking -
I was in a thread for 3 days where people said things like
all Christians are a blight on the earth

I tried to say that bashing Christians leads to people like ISIS/ISIL
thinking they are doing the world a favor by cutting little children whose parents are Christian in half
or slowly slitting their necks while alive

You have just contributed, I think on purpose, to the idea that christians are evil

For several days on that very long thread not one Christian basher would say
that what ISIS/ISIL was doing was wrong,
eventually after much badgering
one poster said, give up already, it is wrong, but just to get me to shut up

I still think the vast majority of the posters wanted to see all Christians murdered
just because of their religion

You my friend are not a Christian, or you would not have publically made
such a downright evil statement
about enjoying the suffering of others

Sorry you are a wicked, evil troll in my eyes

Anyone who thinks that anyone else deserves to to be killed or suffer (in this world or the next)
ONLY because of their religion (there are many many good people of all faiths)
(the Muslim children ISIS/ISIL kills and display on facebook because they are a different sect is EVIL incarnate)
is the incarnation of the ultimate evil.

You my friend are as responsible for these deaths in ME
as ISIS/ISIL

When will the good, loving, kind, Muslims speak up and stop this horror? It is only they and they alone who can stop this.
My heart cries out to them.
This "great genocide of Islam" will stain Muslims as the Crusades stained Christians for eternity.
I sob, I cry

Everyone stop the insanity of the grossest kind of evil
Even if you are a non-believer
Have you no heart?

I think the OP was written just to incite more anti-christian violence and to justify it

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Some Christians believe convert to my version of my view or go to hell. In a way I see similarities with ISIL (Wahabbi version of islam) and convert or die.

You convert people by showing the fruits of tolerance, helping out when there is a need and being your soul brothers and soul sisters keeper.

If I ever find a congregation who are beyond the wearing of their faith as a clothing and follow Jesus teachings then I would join to be around those beautiful souls since they would not drain me of energy.

Unfortunately, you will never find a church like that.

Why?

Because all Christians are hypocrites.

Because Christianity is about trying to live like Jesus, trying to follow his teachings.

Jesus himself said everyone will fail at trying to be like God, everyone
not one person on this earth can be as beautiful and perfect a soul as Jesus

That is why Christians need him, if you are a Christian you understand what I am saying

Jesus said we will all fail at being perfect
but he also said
we can try, we can ask forgiveness when we fail, we can try again
and in the process come closer each time to being Christ like
but we can never be Christ
as so as human beings, as people, as fallible people we will ALWAYS fail
the best we can do is our best
to go and sin no more as best we can

If your excuse as a Christian for not gathering with other believers on the sabbath is
they are all hypocrites
then you know as a Christian
you will never find a church you will be happy with
because all Christians are hypocrites
who just try to be better, fail, ask forgiveness, try again and in the process hopefully become kinder and more loving and more like Jesus

edit on 10Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:03:28 -0500am81808amk181 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yeah, right now I`ll love my neighbor as I love myself,...............

Well, that must be some steaming heap of self loathing "love" you've got going on there, then, seeing as how you called your neighbor heathen swine in your OP! Do us all a favor and don't spread your gospel with us. I think it would be a good thing for all of us if you kept it to yourself.

Thanks.........

AMEN!

People like this

have led to

the current beheadings and slow torture of little children because of their parent's faith

justified in the minds of not just ISIS/ISIL

but many who post on ATS and many in the US

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, if we are talking about the end of days, then all one can do during such a time as that, is try to continue to do ones duty before God, despite the impossible circumstances. To be realistic, the idea of the end of days means that no matter what you do, or how you do it, the world ends, and all souls are judged.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

ISIS/ISIL/IS - whatever they are called now are the product of a Satanic cult which is running rampant in the Western world and has spread it's influence into the Gulf States in the Middle East. They have nothing to do with the teachings of Mohammad and Islam or Christianity. This is a war against both.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Why were you even trying to justify your faith to those lunatics in the first place? The world doesnt hate you because of the crusades or because of what I or anyone else ever said, the world hates you because you follow Jesus Christ. If they hate you, be mindful that they hated Jesus in the first place. In case you haven't noticed, the hearts of the filth you were conversing with was already hardened. The strong delusion already took hold, so no amount of love and compassion will change that, it will only get worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You my friend are not a Christian,

Oh no you didn't!

You want to distance yourself from "certain" kinds of Christians? Your No true Scotsman just doesn't cut it.

There are plenty of Christians, even here on ATS, who believe exactly the way BlackmanINC does, in fact, I grew up with that kind of mentality in the Assembly of God Pentecostal Church in the '60s - '70s. I'm very familiar with fundamental "hell, fire and damnation" theology.

Do you also claim "not Christian" of all those preachers who claim that tornadoes and other natural disasters are God's wrath for abortion or homosexuality or whatever is on the political plate of the week?

I tried to say that bashing Christians leads to people like ISIS/ISIL
thinking they are doing the world a favor by cutting little children whose parents are Christian in half
or slowly slitting their necks while alive

Didn't Jesus say that people would be killed for following him? Shouldn't you rejoice when you here ## like this is happening, like the Bible says? The "End is near!" don't ya know?

And, byw, the Yazidi aren't the "Christians" you think they are.

Their religion is monotheistic and non-dualistic, and they do not believe in the concept of Hell. For them, all people have good and evil inside of them, and choices are made free of external temptation. They believe in internal purification through metempsychosis, a term referring to the transmigration of souls, according to Encyclopedia Britannica. They believe that the seven angels are occasionally reincarnated in human form.

Yazidis believe that they are descended directly from Adam alone, while the rest of humanity comes from the lineage of both Adam and Eve.

Though their belief system is rooted in the pre-Islamic tradition, the figure credited as the founder of the Yazidi faith is Sheikh Adi ibn Musafir, a Sufi preacher who died in 1162. Considered to be an incarnation of Melek Taus, Sheikh Musafir's tomb near Mosul, Iraq, is the Yazidi's most important pilgrimage site.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Personally, I deplore the whole Christian martyr theme, but at least the OP is honest in his doom and gloom Christian view on how the Christian God truly hates the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

ISIS/ISIL/IS - whatever they are called now are the product of a Satanic cult which is running rampant in the Western world and has spread it's influence into the Gulf States in the Middle East. They have nothing to do with the teachings of Mohammad and Islam or Christianity. This is a war against both.

You are correct, however, they are a sect of Islam, they claim to be doing the will of Allah, they claim to be following Muhammad. In all their rantings they hail Allah and Muhammad and call for Shariah.

I suppose the Inquisition carried out by the Catholic church (a sect of Christianity) which tortured and killed people for being the the wrong kind of Christian or an unbeliever, is a better comparison to ISIS/ISIL than the Crusades

This will put a stain on the good,loving, kind Muslims as deep and as lasting as the Crusades and Inquisition did for Christians.

This also puts a stain on all Christians who are so unkind to their neighbor as to incite the kind of hatred for Christians we see regularly on ATS, which helps to justify in the minds of ISIS what they are doing. Believe me they utilize the internet quite widely.

It will also put an eternal stain on all Muslims who do not actively try and stop ISIS. Just saying, they don't represent us or who we are, their thoughts are evil - will work as well for eternity as the Christians who said the same about the Crusades.

Only the good, kind, loving Muslims have the true power to stop ISIS/ISIL because it is the name of Allah and Muhammad and Islam, who are being drug through the mud by these evil people.

The OP has just added one more stick to the fire of hatred for Christians and so I put his ideas in the same category as the ideas of ISIS/ISIL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join