It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading the Gospel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This thread is for those Christians who believe it is our duty to spread the gospel. What gives you the authority to spread it? Are you getting some kind of kick out of spending your precious time justifying the word of God to the heathen? Do you think sharing this most precious pearl with the swine will make a lick of difference? Why Christians? Why do you persist?

Personally, I think spreading the gospel is a complete waste of my time. I let the dead bury their dead so that I can move on in keeping the narrow path to salvation. You may think my motives are self centered even though the Bible tells us to focus on the Lord and focus on self. I personally tend to take pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked, and I highly doubt this mindset will change as time goes along, even though the Bible tells us not to. So what do you think Christians?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

I let the dead bury their dead so that I can move on in keeping the narrow path to salvation.

Yeah well considering the contempt and venom in your first paragraph don't be surprised by your reception at the Pearly Gates. You're not a member of Westboro are you?

This attitude is probably why many people who are truly searching are completely turned off by Christianity. Carry on there soldier.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

This thread is for those Christians who believe it is our duty to spread the gospel. What gives you the authority to spread it?

Freedom of Speech maybe, or perhaps Freedom of Religion? Spreading the gospel is in the Christian culture. Are you saying that we have no right to share or express our culture? You dont have to listen or believe if you dont want to.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Knowing that you take pleasure in the suffering of anybody at all is a bit dismal but...

You made me think of a similar question I've always had. If the Christian god judges those who haven't heard his word by their hearts, and only condemns good and decent people if they reject his word after hearing about it, doesn't that mean that a Christian actually condemns people to hell when they spread the word?

I mean, let's say there's a hermit living in the hills who has never heard of your god. If he died without hearing of him or his gospel, then he would be judged by his deeds. If you preached to him and he said "Pffft! Why would I ever believe in that?! Get out, please." and then he died, he would go to hell according to your religion.

So your decision to not preach your god's message just might be saving decent good folks from going to hell.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
This thread is for those Christians who believe it is our duty to spread the gospel. What gives you the authority to spread it? Are you getting some kind of kick out of spending your precious time justifying the word of God to the heathen? Do you think sharing this most precious pearl with the swine will make a lick of difference? Why Christians? Why do you persist?

I personally tend to take pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked

Well I guess it should be a real hoot for you when I kick the bucket.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If you feel your views are higher than that of the Bible then why do you waste your time trying to provoke Christians with your Satanic point of view? I'm closer to the Islamic perspective and people like you are the wicked ones. So I hope you take pleasure in your suffering when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Matthew 28:19King James Version (KJV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

My right and authority, nay, my DUTY and COMMAND comes from the Most High, from the Almighty.

Romans 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Matthew 9:37-38King James Version (KJV)

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Isaiah 6:8King James Version (KJV)

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

1 Peter 3:15King James Version (KJV)

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Acts 1:8King James Version (KJV)

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Personally, I think spreading the gospel is a complete waste of my time. I let the dead bury their dead so that I can move on in keeping the narrow path to salvation. You may think my motives are self centered even though the Bible tells us to focus on the Lord and focus on self. I personally tend to take pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked, and I highly doubt this mindset will change as time goes along, even though the Bible tells us not to. So what do you think Christians?

No offense but you did write you tend to get pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked, so I would have to disagree and say you have to read your bible. As Christians we shouldn't take pleasure in the pain of others. No matter who they are. Personally I don't like seeing anyone suffer for any reason. Christianity is truly about acceptance and tolerance. I have gay and atheist friends. And my gf is Jewish. Not saying at all that I'm Mr. Outstanding Example of Tolerance because I'm human and no one is perfect. All religions are control mechanisms, this I believe with all my heart. But there is beauty in them.

As for spreading the Gospel, if someone brings it up I will mention I'm a Christian. I do not forcefully evangelize because any words I use to describe religion would be clouded by....my own experiences and perceptions. Religion to me is very personal and it has to be personally experienced to be understood. Words cannot do it justice. Of course this is just my opinion, one of trillions that is in the universe. Each of us is special, but no one should be held higher than anyone, believer or disbeliever.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My grandma says its your duty to spread it right. All her churches had training before you were allowed to spread the word.

ETA is this a troll thread?
edit on 18-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
My grandma says its your duty to spread it right. All her churches had training before you were allowed to spread the word.

ETA is this a troll thread?

Kinda looks like it to me.

The OP's thinking is downright evil, enjoying the suffering of others.

That's the policy of ISIS/ISIL, enjoy the suffering of others.

One sick puppy!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oh look another so called Christian doing the opposite of what he should ve doing.
You take pleasure in seeing others suffer oh how righteous of you.
Pfft.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to posted by: BlackManINC

This post is for the OP who thinks he has a duty to attack Christians who are spreading the gospel. What gives you the authority to launch this attack? Are you getting some kind of kick out of spending your precious time disjustifying the word of God? Do you think sharing your diatribe will make a lick of difference? Why do you do it? Why persist?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I personally tend to take pleasure in the death and suffering of the wicked

So the Final Solution and other holocausts are golden ages in history to you?

The "wicked" being non-Christians in your opinion. That's sick.

How is your view not wicked?

I am not a Christian, but I think there are some good messages to be found in the Bible. Maybe you will find some value in the sermon linked below.

What sin caused God to withdraw His presence? It was the sin of "hatching snake eggs" and "weaving spider's webs" (Isaiah 59:5). The mind is the womb of the heart, and thoughts are seed or sperm. Evil thoughts are serpents seeds, which will become eggs if the seed is not immediately destroyed. God looks at what is going on inside the womb of the mind. He judges not by outward appearances; He considers the heart. "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he... (Proverbs 23:7).

Hatching Snake Eggs - David Wilkerson - March 21, 1988
edit on 18-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Knowing that you take pleasure in the suffering of anybody at all is a bit dismal but...

You made me think of a similar question I've always had. If the Christian god judges those who haven't heard his word by their hearts, and only condemns good and decent people if they reject his word after hearing about it, doesn't that mean that a Christian actually condemns people to hell when they spread the word?

I mean, let's say there's a hermit living in the hills who has never heard of your god. If he died without hearing of him or his gospel, then he would be judged by his deeds. If you preached to him and he said "Pffft! Why would I ever believe in that?! Get out, please." and then he died, he would go to hell according to your religion.

So your decision to not preach your god's message just might be saving decent good folks from going to hell.

Actually, no it won't, in Revelation 14:6-12, which is right after the rapture and right before God pours out his wrath on earth, God sends three angels to spread the gospel to those still left behind. So God will give the heathen plenty of chances to repent and save themselves from eternal damnation. What I do really means nothing in the end. I don't have to worry about spreading the gospel knowing God will send his angels in the end to do it for me, and I'm certain that an angel will do it a hell of a lot better spreading the gospel than any Christian could. So Christians shouldn't waste their time and instead focus on the Lord and focus on self.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Actually, no it won't, in Revelation 14:6-12, which is right after the rapture and right before God pours out his wrath on earth, God sends three angels to spread the gospel to those still left behind.

Ordinary people don't see these. Only the prophet in the advance vision sees them.
On the ground, the message is carried by human messengers. All those who have the courage. Ch11.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Actually, no it won't, in Revelation 14:6-12, which is right after the rapture and right before God pours out his wrath on earth, God sends three angels to spread the gospel to those still left behind.

Ordinary people don't see these. Only the prophet in the advance vision sees them.
On the ground, the message is carried by human messengers. All those who have the courage. Ch11.

What "prophet" are you even referring to anyway? The two witnesses were dead long before the time of revelation 14, and it makes it very clear that angels are sent to spread message, it speaks nothing of any "prophets". I let the Bible speak for itself and let the private interpretations of men stand as lies.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You know being a Christian isnt just about believing Jesus died to forgive your sins.
The Salvation only Gospel is a story for the deluded.

Jesus is not just the Saviour, He is also Lord, a lord must be served.
You serve yourself by being self centred, Jesus died for His message, clearly you dont serve Him or His message.
Love and give of yourself as He did, you are wrong.
But I think you know that

You show no signs of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, you show no signs of Christianity, sorry

This is not a judgement, just what I have noted.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

What "prophet" are you even referring to anyway? The two witnesses were dead long before the time of revelation 14, and it makes it very clear that angels are sent to spread message, it speaks nothing of any "prophets". I let the Bible speak for itself and let the private interpretations of men stand as lies.

I was referring to John. John saw them in his vision, but they will not be seen by anyone else.
The timeline of Revelation is not straightforward. Ch12 introduces a "flashback" sequence explaining the background of Satan's hostility to the church. Ch14 actually follows on directly from ch11; one clue is that v6 speaks of "another angel", referring to the seven angels of ch11.
Ch14 is not a set of visible events at all. Nobody will ever see any of these things happening (except, as I said, John in his vision).
They are a set of scenes and images commenting on the situation at the blowing of the seventh trumpet, helping John and his readers to understand what is going on.
The "two witnesses" are the church. There will be no supernatural angel audibly presenting the gospel. Just you and me,
Your idea of "letting the Bible speak for itself" is as much "private interpretation" as everybody else's.
edit on 18-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Some Christians believe convert to my version of my view or go to hell. In a way I see similarities with ISIL (Wahabbi version of islam) and convert or die.

You convert people by showing the fruits of tolerance, helping out when there is a need and being your soul brothers and soul sisters keeper.

If I ever find a congregation who are beyond the wearing of their faith as a clothing and follow Jesus teachings then I would join to be around those beautiful souls since they would not drain me of energy.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

You know being a Christian isnt just about believing Jesus died to forgive your sins.
The Salvation only Gospel is a story for the deluded.

Jesus is not just the Saviour, He is also Lord, a lord must be served.
You serve yourself by being self centred, Jesus died for His message, clearly you dont serve Him or His message.
Love and give of yourself as He did, you are wrong.
But I think you know that

You show no signs of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, you show no signs of Christianity, sorry

This is not a judgement, just what I have noted.

How about you check my other threads before casting judgement on me of showing no works of the holy spirit. And as your reading them and watching my videos, be mindful that I`m not doing this as some act of kindness for the heathen, but only to secure my spot in Gods kingdom. I can lie to you and claim to have compassion for the world, I can can lie to your face and claim to forgive those who wronged me like most Christians pretend to do, but then I`d be lying to God. What you see in this thread is me being honest.
edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join